+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Canpages a good place to advertise?

I heard Canpages is the biggest scam company in Canada, they lie, cheat and overbill their customers. They also mistreat their employees very badly. When they say a directory is coming out on a certain month, they usually come out 3 - 4 months later, meanwhile their clients get billed for the months their not in. For the employees, especially in Ontario, unless you Kiss the A** of the Area Vp of sales
    You will be eliminated. Usually sales focused companies reward employees on the sales and not the politics of Kissing A**. Anyways anyone wishing to advertise or work for Canpages should know it is run simular to the Titanic, and will sink within a year. Suggestion: Save your money and advertise with a more stable company.

Re: Is Canpages a good place to advertise?

Any clients or former clients or former employees of Canpages that have had a bad experience with Canpages please post your comments here. You can call the head office in bc to complain as well.
    The toronto office is useless for complaints.

I have known about Canpages for more than 2 years now and have had nothing but great things dealing with them.
    They are actually fighting the old monopoly of the yellowpages that has been so abusing for way too long.
    (Disclosure: i am an advertiser with them)
    My sales rep over there is a great guy that has always been ready to help me. And the results are great especially online.
    So I'm not sure what's driving your attack on them but it sounds like you are an ex or current employee with a lot of anger to release.
    Maybe doing it that way is feeling good, but it does not sound very credible...

Anyway, my google alerts have shown on top of your post that they just acquired a few companies and are growing fast and innovate online faster than anyone else in Canada. I don't think any form of scam could accomplish that. Moreover, its neat to see a company hiring in these tough times.
    So I'd say kuddos to Canpages. And good luck to you.

Can I ask you which city your business is located?. It sounds like you know a lot more information then a normal client will know? It sounds like you could be part of the management team, sent out to put out fires. Remember this is a scam website, so If i did not have hands on experience with Canpages, these posts would not be placed here. BTW, did you know Canpages is hiring new reps and firing the Older reps that built them in the first place. Loyalty in these kind of companies is lacking and someone has to reveal their dirty tricks.
    The old let me hire someone for lower salary and get rid of those that have the higher justified Income philosophy. I am simply unvealing their Scam. If you were replaced injustifiably, this forum is one of the only places that can offer a way of uncovering corporate scandals. Believe me, I will work hard to reveal the truth about Canpages. By writing these posts, they may help the current reps at Canpages so they are not fired for no reasons as well. Last and not least, I am exercising my freedom of speech, that seems like the last avenue of Justice to those that don't have deep pockets like Canpages has.
    I would like to know what area your business is at?

I use their online site...I love it. I also downloaded the voice thing for my Iphone - this really does rock.

My Dad advertises with them and has since 2006, he loves them - he gets tonnes of business from his advertising. I asked him about them not doing what they promise and ripping him off and he told me that has never happened to him ??. I want to start my own business soon and I was planning on advertising online with them. I think you must be an unhappy employee who got fired

Now this is just Dandy, its funny that both yeahRight2009 and Roadrunner5
    joined this forum right after each of my posts were made, and posted picture perfect testimonials. Makes you wonder?
    For me its Great News, management is responding by sending their corporate bandages...... the publicity is WORKING. Yeepee... BTW, You can tell Canpages management, they will be uncovered for their dirty tricks, for when each experienced person is fired for no reason in the future, there will be increased number of postings revealing Canpages tactics. This will stop only if they stop the firings and appologize to the experienced reps that built their company in the first place in ontario. Believe me, Im not doing this for myself, but for Justice for the reps that are treated like crap.
    If the firings continue, the posts shall as well, and there are 1000's of Forums that are ranked high on alexa, so keywords are plenty. Note: If the firings were because of economical reasons thats justified, but Canpages is expanding and hiring new reps, and replacing the old reps as if they are numbers and not people, so the firings are unjustified.
    Remember, Canpages is a company that takes revenues from the public, so the public should know how they take care of their reps, for the reps are in the frontline creating relationships with the clients.

Is Canpages a good company to work for?

Hmm Nope, at least if you want to work in the Ontario Market.
    If your a new rep you will find that your leads will be mostly made out
    of recycled, mostly dead leads that have been contacted by a long line of
    previous reps. You will then be told to make at least 2 sales a week. If the area vp of sales
    does not like you, you will be put on probation, which means certain termination.
    You will also notice that a select few Reps are fed big accounts.
    This is due to them being within the inner circle of the area vp of sales(R.C.). To get in that inner circle, you have to know how to Kiss A## and
    party after hours and do other kiss a## things. You will notice the inner circle always seems to be happy. Thats because they get the good revenue accounts. If they do not
    produce two sales a week, they are never put on probation. Anyways after you read this post and if you still want to join Canpages
    all the best, you could make it to the inner circle.
    Please note the above note is made simply to reveal the unfair treatment that is given to a few reps at Canpages.

I know two people that used to sell for this company here in Whistler and were fired unjustly. As the company staffer mentioned above, the online directory is nice but too bad about the negative aspects of supporting this company that treats both its staff and clients crappy. good day
    Last edited by Whistler business owner; 08-25-2009 at 06:40 PM.

My Dad's Business is in Burnaby, and as I said his experience is different then yours - but then again your not in business your a fired employee. Anyway your post asked for feedback, I did that and since you don't agree somehow my post should be discarded ?? whatever I am not going to get involved in your personal vendetta - I thought this site was to expose scams or unfair business practices - I was so insulted by your innuendo that I was some sort of plant by their management that i did my home work with the BBB and they have a clean record all across the country - but this is not my fight so i'm done with your post
    Last edited by Roadrunner5; 08-24-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Wow Roadrunner is furious, sounds like this forum is not made for your tempermental personality. BTW, thanks for your post Whistler Business, your information on managment asking reps to post here is correct. Glad to see Canpages is reacting to public oppinions. Btw, I may be fired or I maybe not, I could be still working for Canpages. Who knows? Its good to keep Canpages on their toes. haha. and have a mechanism or vehical that can reveal the dirty tricks that Canpages management has inside their house. My commments are mainly directed at Canpages Management starting from the very top down, because they make the decisions to hire the incompetant ones here in Ontario. Our comments are not directed to the simple hard working rep that works hard on a daily basis and does not care to Kiss A## of Managment, for the only A## they kiss is their clients and for everyones information the clients pay the bills for everyone From the Top Down.

Seriously, I am far from furious LOL. I have no opinion on Canpages management, I was discussing the company, its products and the service. The Title on this thread was

"Is Canpages a good place to advertise"

Our experience has been positive (not any better then I would expect) just normal.

I thought you left us for good roadrunner, seems you have fallen in love with Canpages. You can apply to be a spokesperson for them, and that will give you instant access to their Inner circle. BTW, they just bought another company, It seems they have deep pockets so they can pay you huge money as a spokesperson.

I get it... you really don't want a discussion on your post you just want people who agree with you... a sign of ignorance.

Hmm you do care about this topic, I thought in an earlier post you were done with this topic? that is a sign of a corporate spy.

hahah - yeah ok, that's what I am :rotz:

Canpages is a huge waste of money, nobody uses the yellow pages, they google everything don't waste your money, you'd be flushing it down the toilet.