+ Reply to Thread

the mistake most make with work at home

Is they assume everything is legitimate and never bother to check the offer out first.

There are people out there still falliing for the oldest work at home scam out there - Envelope Stuffiing!

I made the mistake of using one of those website that was supposed to help you locate a work at home opportunity.
    Fortunately I had the common sense to research the businesses first. I found thousands of complaints on the internet.
    One scam would not tell me their business name or anything about the job - I knew it was a scam because they pretended to do a credit check (without SS#) while I was on the phone with them and then told me my credit score met their minimum requirement! I have excellent credit and FICO score.

I finally sent an email to the website telling them to remove me - that every offer were nothing but scams! They took me off the list.

Re: the mistake most make with work at home

Quote Originally Posted by lamet View Post
    Is they assume everything is legitimate and never bother to check the offer out first.

There are people out there still falliing for the oldest work at home scam out there - Envelope Stuffiing!

I made the mistake of using one of those website that was supposed to help you locate a work at home opportunity.
    Fortunately I had the common sense to research the businesses first. I found thousands of complaints on the internet.
    One scam would not tell me their business name or anything about the job - I knew it was a scam because they pretended to do a credit check (without SS#) while I was on the phone with them and then told me my credit score met their minimum requirement! I have excellent credit and FICO score.

I finally sent an email to the website telling them to remove me - that every offer were nothing but scams! They took me off the list.

I have to agree on the Envelope Stuffiing They got me.I think that was the first thing that came out. On the work at home bull crap.It makes me so sick to see all this everywhere.
    Iam staring to see this kind of thing in the newspaper also.

:2gunsfiring_v1: WORK AT HOME JOBS

The envelope stuffing scam even got me back in 1985. That was my first wake up call to how people can be and to not trust everything you read.

Everyone needs to do a lot of research and have a good idea of what they are looking at before buying. My personal philosophy is to not pay for ANYTHING (other than website hosting).

I am sorry to say that I too fell for the envelope stuffing scam years ago. That is why I started my site and dedicate much of my time online trying to uncover these scams and warn others about them.

I Think the best advice i can give anybody is to research anything you are considering. Always find out as much as you can about a site or program before you join.

And make sure you read the fine print so you know exactly what you are going to be billed for. Many of the scam sites out there offer free stuff you only have to pay shipping or such. What they may not clearly tell you is that they will charge you a monthly membership fee or something.

Always check to see what others are saying. Some people may lie to try to scam you, but usually the ones who have been scammed will outnumber the scammers.