+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: car scammers

Andrew Stevens <[email protected]>

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM FOR A USED CAR SALE IN KIJIJI. PRETENDING TO BE A SELLER, SOON WILL ASK ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFO. THEY WILL ASK TO PAY IN EBAY ONLY, AND CLAIMING THAT THE CAR IS IN A SHIPPING COMPANY.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAMMERS...

Andrew Stevens <[email protected]>
    Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $2300.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks
    Andrew Stevens

Re: car scammers

They almost got me... Car Scam via Autotrader.ca with eBay Motors

Autotrader ad: 1997 Jeep Wrangler - TORONTO - $2,500

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Jeep/Wran...ms=trucks_vans

Scam started by telling me he was selling because he just got transferred through work to the UK and couldn't take the vehicle with him. Then they correspond with you for a bit answering all of your questions perfectly and tell you they want to go through eBay Motors. You think ok, well I'll pay via credit card via eBay and have double the protection. But the invoice comes in and tells you to pay through western union.

The invoice comes from [email protected]
    The Seller is [email protected]
    You're told to verify your payment with [email protected]
    and call 12063884975

Transaction# 2831942711

Seller uses address: Andrew Stevens 17 Old Road Billingham TS23 1DS United Kingdom

Seller claims the eBay Agent is: Sarah Lois Dupon 12 Greek Street London W1D 5DQ United Kingdom.

My spidey sense kicked in just as I was printing out the info to go to western union and pay before I see the vehicle??? Wait that wasn't the deal! I verified the transaction number was fake with ebay. I verified the emails were fake. I verified the autotrader ad was bogus. I reported everything to the RCMP and FBI. I called the Toronto phone number provided via autotrader.ca and it was a woman who didn't speak english. I did a reverse lookup and it belonged to an asian couple no where near where the vehicle was supposed to be.

The Big thing to remember eBay does not allow transactions to happen outside of the eBay system. If somebody wants you to pay via money order or wire transfer... SCAM. Hope this info gets searchable soon so we've shut down at least this part of their scams.
    Last edited by NotSoDumbChef; 06-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.

By the way my response started the same way as the other guy....

from Andrew Stevens [email protected]
    date Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM
    subject Jeep Wrangler 1997
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com

Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $2500.It's in perfect working order, no damages or scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping). You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks

He's already using a new name...

from Louis Graham [email protected]
    date Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    subject Jeep Wrangler 1997
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com
    hide details 10:18 AM (8 hours ago)
    Hi,

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $2500.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping).You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Thanks

And another from Louis on Auto Trader.ca..... 1999 BMW 540i

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/5%20S...o/19_4071083_/

Louis Graham
    [email protected]

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $4000.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping).You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Re: Sally Hople scam

Yes, I saw an identical ad from someone claiming to be in the armed forces and needed to sell her chevy tahoe because she was being deployed. Her name was elizabeth taylor, but the car was in storage, but if you sent her the money she would ship you the car.

Beware of the Elizabeth Taylor car scam

This is the message that i was sent;

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my ad. I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I have a family emergency and I need to sell it before June 5th. My name is Elizabeth. I'm an Air Force Staff Sergeant stationed at an AF Base in Anchorage, Alaska. The SUV is here with me.

I'm the original owner. This 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LT has 81,074 miles, Redfire Metallic with Tan Leather Interior, Automatic 4SPD, 4 wheel drive, 5.3L V8. 3rd Row Seat (7 Pass), Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Tow Package, Traction Control, Sunroof and more... It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained... The title is clear without any accidents, liens or loans. Non-smoker. It is rust free, salt free and has a clean undercarriage.

Here you can find more pictures of the SUV: http://s1132.photobucket.com/home/san_line/index
    (if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The vehicle is still available for sale. The price is $2,980. If you want to buy this SUV I will take care of the delivery to your door (with an AF cargo plane to the nearest AF Base) and I will offer 5 days to inspect the vehicle and take it to your machanic from the moment you receive it (and the option to accept or reject it), before I'll have your money. So if you need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    SSgt. Elizabeth Taylor

I just found another of this guy's (or gal's) scams.

Almost word for word from 'Notso Gullible's' post.

The autotrader post this time was:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/Accord/TORONTO/Ontario/19_4106300_/

email address used was: [email protected]

ebay motors address used was: [email protected]

ebay motors agent used was:

Maria Sandra Medean

12 Brick Lane
    London, England

I reported the scam to Autotrader.

On July 12 I received the identical email from David Rice [email protected]. This guy's busy. Oddly, the deal was good but not amazing. He roped me into an email ** posting an ad with the wrong phone number. Here's a link to the ad. I've notified Kijiji about the scam.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ296893533

Quote Originally Posted by Notso Gullible View Post
    And another from Louis on Auto Trader.ca..... 1999 BMW 540i

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/5%20S...o/19_4071083_/

Louis Graham
    [email protected]

The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $4000.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping).You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.

Alert: Beware of used vehicle scammer

This person posting ad on Autotrader, Kijiji canada, etc., websites with following email ids: (even more)
    [email protected]

[email protected]

Here is the persons replies:

Hi,
    The vehicle is still available for sale, price as stated in the ad $3800.It's in perfect working order, no wear and tear, no scratches, it wasn't involved in any accidents.I moved to the United Kingdom with my work but I left the vehicle at a shipping company in Thunder Bay, Ontario.All shipping costs and insurance during transportation are included in the price, I won a promotion(1 free shipping).You will also receive all necessary documents in order to finalize the purchase.Email me back if you're interested and have further questions.
    Thanks

Subject: Re: Toyota Sienna 2001
    To: "xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Received: Friday, June 24, 2011, 2:57 PM

The price is not negotiable. There is no lean. Look how this works:

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.
    2. They will send us the forms ** email - for you about the payment.
    3. I will send the vehicle to your location and you will send a 50% deposit to eBay.
    4. After you will inspect the vehicle and decide to keep it, they will transfer the money into my account.

RETURN POLICY:
    If ** any reason the vehicle is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because the vehicle is in excellent condition.
    As soon as the vehicle arrives, you will test it and if it does not match 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 5 working days since the arrival date. In this case you will send me the vehicle in the same condition you received it.

The estimated time of delivery is 2 to 5 days, with no scratches, it is professionally crated.

Please provide me with your full name and shipping address so I can register the deal with eBay.

Thanks

2003 Chevrolet Suburban

2003 Chevrolet Suburban UNIVERSAL HOME LINK - $1782

Date: 2011-08-24, 1:20AM EDT
    Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

SANDALWOOD METALLIC EXTERIOR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, SHOWS SOME NORMAL WEAR.
    LIGHT TAN LEATHER INTERIOR IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. THE LEATHER SHOWS VERY MINIMAL WEAR, FREE OF ANY RIPS OR STAINS.
    ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF ANY LEAKS ANYWHERE.
    More pics/info [email protected]
    POWER MIRRORS
    POWER DOOR LOCKS
    TILT STEERING WHEEL
    LEATHER INTERIOR
    FRONT HEATED SEATS
    CD PLAYER
    SATELITE RADIO
    AM/FM RADIO
    BOSE SOUND SYSTEM