+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me stop online fraud

As a victim myself, I'm now trying to catch the people who scammed me and many, many others. Please help me in my fight. Visit my website for more information. Thanks!!

http://stoponlinefraud.tripod.com/

Re: Help me stop online fraud

I went to your site, sorry about your story.
    But how do ppl actually help?

I'm sorry that you are a victim, however the donate button all over the site has turned me away.

S1mc7.

What do you plan to do to stop scams or rather what do you plan to do with the donations to stop scams?
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

5. 04-20-2006, 04:47 AM

There's a donation button? Hmmm...

On every page.

well there are only 2 pages, so saying that there's a donation button on every page isn't such a big deal i don't think. But, everyone that i've talked to--lawyers, private investigators, etc.--have said that it is possible to track scammers but the thing is it'll cost more than i lost to do so. obviously, the scammers know this, they take enough to make a difference to them, but not enough for the victims to actually do anything severe. i want to change that, too many people have been stolen from and it's just not fair.

When you can tell congress to enact laws that would benefit us to go after scammers without costing us money, then donations would be given,

but until you chnage our national laws, accepting donations is wrong.

Your site needs some redevelopment too. With that, it's gonna be hard to get much support. And lost tripod man.

Aside from the donation button, a website hosted on a free server isn't going to be taken seriously.

It's a good idea, but you need a real host, and a dot.com or maybe a more appropriate .org url. Then it wouldn't be as hard to get donations.

Another issue is trust. You'll need to provide assurance that the money donated will be used for the cause, and not personal expenses.

The last thing I can think of, is there might already be another organization with a similar goal, but I don't have the time to do research and find out.

Guys, stop being dumb. This guy begging for money IS the scam.

no, i can assure you that this isn't a scam..sorry to make anyone think that. Seriously, if i was trying to scam anyone, would i keep coming back here and making replies. i agree, if i saw my website i wouldn't donate either; but at the same time i don't have the money to put into buying a domain, so this was the best i could do. i'll look into other more established groups that are trying to stop online fraud and put some links to their sites on mine. anything to try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by s1mc7
    i agree, if i saw my website i wouldn't donate either.

Well, that makes two of us LOL

How about this site:

Http://cyberspacecowboys.com

no donations requested, writers wanted.

You can email [email protected] if you are interested. or pm me here, I helped take care of the techical setup.

therefan

krypt Guest

I think the best thing to do is just let go of it, move on, and focus on making your money back plus a whole lot more. The way I figure it, the scammers will eventually get what they deserve. If you belive in karma, or the say "you reap what you sow" the best thing to do is forget about it. I know you're probably furiated and I am sorry you got scammed, but why would you worry so much about stopping these guys if it's going to cost you more money? It would probably be a better idea to inform more people about these guys and prevent others from being scammed also.

krypt Guest

By the way, if you really want to, the only way I can think of to track them down is throught the IP address in the e-mail that they sent you. It should be in the headers.