+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 104

  1. #1
    wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
    wontgetfooledagain is offline Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me! User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315

    Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    You know, I visit this site every now and then, sometimes I make comments, sometimes I just see what's new. Sometimes I go away for months because I get tired of seeing the same old things. When I return, I see new things (actually old things with new/different names).

    People are always posting things like: Have you heard of... Is this legit... This is real... Does anybody know about... etc. etc. etc.

    I took a week off from this site (SCAM.COM) and when I looked at it this morning I noticed a bunch of NEW items (same shit, different day - see paragraph 1 above).

    Everybody that I've ever known in the network/MLM/whatever-you-want-to-call-it business got into it for one reason: to make money. With this fact in mind, I ask the following question:

    Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?

    Linda Richman says: "Talk amongst yourselves..."

    "The smart ass beacon of truth"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    117

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    So what do you say to the person who had a job, in fact they had a very very successful career but when markets began to take a turn for the worse the company they were working for decided that their services were no longer needed, despite his 10+ years of loyal service to that company.

    And now with unemployment around 10%, what solice do you give him when he is unable to find employment that will allow him to continue to provide for his family in the same way that he once was, and instead he is forced to look once again at entry level positions to even have a chance.

    Then what do you say to the kids fresh out of college who, with a degree but no real world experience, are forced to compete for entry level positions with the person who has 10 years of it but no hope of filling a position he is far more qualified for?

    What do you have to say to me?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,265

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    if everyone just "got a job", there would actually be no jobs, as someone has to be the employer in the first place. someone has to start a business, take a risk, etc. what's generally being discussed here is the legitamacy of the company, opportunity, etc, not "get a job versus MLM." It just seems that way since much of the MLM marketing is comparing MLM to a typical job using questionable information, or misleading statements.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    You can't get there from here.
    Posts
    904

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    What other "job" (besides politics) can you simply "buy your way into" without ever going through an interview or have your references checked?

    No real job, that's for sure!
    :spin2:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wherever I Am
    Posts
    47

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Yes, we have. In fact, I currently have a job. It's a job that came highly recommended by a friend who'd worked for the company some years ago. Before the owners sold off and the company went corporate. The job boasted some pretty decent benefits and bonuses.

    Unfortunately, my friend and I have been watching the current corporation run this company into the ground for the last two years. Some of the bonuses being touted when I hired on were never paid. Company keeps finding excuses (based on production facilities in other cities) not to pay them. If that weren't enough, I am capped at my starting wage (one of the lowest in the shop). I only stayed on as long as I have because SOME of the incentives were actually being paid out. That stopped as of the first quarter of this year.

    That's right, the company I work for has reneged on its original deal. The job no longer pays enough to be worth my time, and I want out. In fact, my time is currently more valuable to me than anyone is likely willing or able to pay, so when I quit this current job I plan to go off the clock completely and work for myself. I've put together a plan to accomplish that very thing this year. Hopefully I can bring it together in a few more months.

    No, it's not because I am lazy and unwilling to work. I'm tired of employers who feel that it's okay to take advantage of employees because they know their employees need the job more than the job needs the employee. I'm tired of being promised a merit bonus based on my above average performance and then being told I'm just plain out of luck. I'm tired of selling myself for 40 hours a week to make just enough money to get by on and maybe save a tiny bit to have enough to possibly invest in something 10 years from now. IF I'm lucky and don't get hit by too many emergencies.

    So, yes. Some of us have jobs. Some of us are willing and able to put our backs under the load and do a fair day's work... if we can get a fair day's pay for it rather than a bunch of runaround excuses. Some of us are tired of looking for an employer with enough integrity to provide that. Some of us aren't cut out for punching a clock and feel our time is better spent doing better things.

    You won't find those better things if you don't look for them, will you?
    Last edited by its_Andrew_; 07-22-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: clarity
    It isn't arrogance. It's simple observation.


  6. #6
    wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
    wontgetfooledagain is offline Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me! User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by its_Andrew_ View Post
    That's right, the company I work for has reneged on its original deal. The job no longer pays enough to be worth my time, and I want out. In fact, my time is currently more valuable to me than anyone is likely willing or able to pay, so when I quit this current job I plan to go off the clock completely and work for myself. I've put together a plan to accomplish that very thing this year. Hopefully I can bring it together in a few more months.
    Were your bonuses guaranteed in writing? If they were, it sounds like a good case for a lawsuit against your employer...

    Quote Originally Posted by its_Andrew_ View Post
    I'm tired of selling myself for 40 hours a week to make just enough money to get by on...
    All employement is "at will". You can quit anytime you like, and your employer can terminate your services at anytime. On a personal note, I didn't get my bonus this year. You know the economy took a huge hit and things are not as good as they have been in years past. But I still continue to show up to work everyday and every other week I still get paid. I am paid directly for my time, as is the majority of people in this country. I don't have to worry about people "under" me. I don't have to convince other people to sign up for anything in order for me to get paid. I like the fact that I am rewarded for my efforts and my efforts alone, but that's just me...

    Quote Originally Posted by its_Andrew_ View Post
    Some of us are willing and able to put our backs under the load and do a fair day's work... if we can get a fair day's pay for it rather than a bunch of runaround excuses.
    Glad to hear that there are people still willing to work. After all, nobody gets paid for doing nothing. Are you still getting a paycheck every two weeks? What do you consider a "fair day's pay"? How's that 2-5 year plan working for you?
    "The smart ass beacon of truth"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    You can't get there from here.
    Posts
    904

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
    After all, nobody gets paid for doing nothing.
    Well, sadly enough that's not really true anymore. Unless you count "working' the system.
    :spin2:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wherever I Am
    Posts
    47

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
    Were your bonuses guaranteed in writing? If they were, it sounds like a good case for a lawsuit against your employer...



    All employement is "at will". You can quit anytime you like, and your employer can terminate your services at anytime. On a personal note, I didn't get my bonus this year. You know the economy took a huge hit and things are not as good as they have been in years past. But I still continue to show up to work everyday and every other week I still get paid. I am paid directly for my time, as is the majority of people in this country. I don't have to worry about people "under" me. I don't have to convince other people to sign up for anything in order for me to get paid. I like the fact that I am rewarded for my efforts and my efforts alone, but that's just me...



    Glad to hear that there are people still willing to work. After all, nobody gets paid for doing nothing. Are you still getting a paycheck every two weeks? What do you consider a "fair day's pay"? How's that 2-5 year plan working for you?
    (Not sure where you're getting that 2-5 year plan from.)

    Most of the stuff you're asking about is between my employer and myself and not particularly relevant to the question I was answering. A fair day's pay includes getting everything the company offered when I agreed to stay on with them. It doesn't include them saying "oh well, too bad, we've decided not to pay you the incentives we said we'd pay you".

    What other people are making doesn't even enter into this. I don't have to manage their cash flow, but I do have to manage mine. If other people are happy getting stiffed by their employers, bully for them. I'm not. My entire point was basically threefold:

    1. I am currently employed (see your original question if you're unsure why that is relevant).

    2. I'm not happy with my current job (see my answer to your question if you aren't sure why that's relevant).

    3. I'm looking for something better. That search has led me to this site in an attempt to make sure I'm not getting scammed by some of the opportunities I'm examining.

    What about getting another job, you ask? Why should I bother doing that in an economy where you admit so many other people aren't getting their incentives either? Why SHOULDN'T I look for legitimate opportunities to employ myself, set my own work schedule, and my own pay scale? Certainly that prospect is preferable to barely scraping by from month to month.

    If you don't think I'm worth that, you're entitled to your opinion. I happen to think I am, and I'd like to see that in action. But I never will if I listen to people like you telling me to forget about it and just find another job.

    In any case, I'm definitely not looking to get paid for just doing nothing. If I were, then nothing is all I would deserve to be paid. I'm worth more than that, thankyouverymuch.
    Last edited by its_Andrew_; 07-23-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: clarity
    It isn't arrogance. It's simple observation.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    117

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
    What other "job" (besides politics) can you simply "buy your way into" without ever going through an interview or have your references checked?

    No real job, that's for sure!
    :spin2:

    Easy. A job that I created.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    135

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    If one doesn't have enough capital laying around or a rich uncle or aunt one can run to to start a business, then holding onto or getting a job or two until one acquires enough capital to start one, might be the best option.

    If someone prefers not to take on a job(s) to save up money for a business, then they'll need to utilize resources such as a bank or a venture capitalist who is willing to invest in a person's business venture.

    Businesses don't usually start profiting enough to make the owner financially free at the outset.

    At least not a conventional business.

  11. #11
    wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
    wontgetfooledagain is offline Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me! User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by its_Andrew_ View Post
    1. I am currently employed (see your original question if you're unsure why that is relevant).

    2. I'm not happy with my current job (see my answer to your question if you aren't sure why that's relevant).

    3. I'm looking for something better. That search has led me to this site in an attempt to make sure I'm not getting scammed by some of the opportunities I'm examining.
    All good points. Kudos to stopping by SCAM.com to research "opportunities". I did realize that you are employeed. I did realize that you are unhappy because your employeer screwed you out of some bonuses. I did realize that you are looking for something to do on your own terms.

    What I'm telling you is that MOST of the crap listed on this site is just that - CRAP.

    Like I told you before, if your employer did not pay you a bonus that was guaranteed in writing - you have a case.

    Good luck to you. STAY AWAY FROM AMWAY or anything like it (that is where the 2 - 5 year plan reference was from...)
    "The smart ass beacon of truth"

  12. 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM

    Reason
    OP requested all posts be removed

  13. #12
    wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
    wontgetfooledagain is offline Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me! User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by scottmanesis@scottmanesis View Post
    !00 percent of the work of 1 will never total the earnings of 1 percent of 100 others. Henry Ford did not build cars alone and he did not build every Ford car that is on the road. There is no way he possibly could have. If he had your mentality we would all be walking still.
    The difference is this: I'm not building cars.

    If I were trying to start a business, I would do just that - start a real business. You can rest assured that it wouldn't be called 2plus7, Operation Promised Land, Team National, Amway, etc.
    "The smart ass beacon of truth"

  14. #13
    wontgetfooledagain's Avatar
    wontgetfooledagain is offline Moses and his Hebrewites think they can outsmart me! User Rank
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by scottmanesis@scottmanesis View Post
    !00 percent of the work of 1 will never total the earnings of 1 percent of 100 others. Henry Ford did not build cars alone and he did not build every Ford car that is on the road. There is no way he possibly could have. If he had your mentality we would all be walking still.
    Also, 100 percent of the individuals that work at Ford Motor Company are paid for 100% of the work that they do as individuals, not for recruiting others to work "under" them. It's called wages, it's what people that work for real companies earn.
    "The smart ass beacon of truth"

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    641

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by wontgetfooledagain View Post
    You know, I visit this site every now and then, sometimes I make comments, sometimes I just see what's new. Sometimes I go away for months because I get tired of seeing the same old things. When I return, I see new things (actually old things with new/different names).

    People are always posting things like: Have you heard of... Is this legit... This is real... Does anybody know about... etc. etc. etc.

    I took a week off from this site (SCAM.COM) and when I looked at it this morning I noticed a bunch of NEW items (same shit, different day - see paragraph 1 above).

    Everybody that I've ever known in the network/MLM/whatever-you-want-to-call-it business got into it for one reason: to make money. With this fact in mind, I ask the following question:

    Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?

    Linda Richman says: "Talk amongst yourselves..."

    If you offering me a job that pays $50,000/year with benefits and great incentives and advancements I'm game. Until then Yul Brynner, keep living in a glass house when you throw stones.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    30

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Not only do people have to contend with umemployment, there is now underemployment, where people are accepting less for the same work, getting no raises for years, giving up benefits and having no retirement savings. It's so easy for some people to say, "Get a Job"...things have drastically changed.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    641

    Re: Has anyone heard of GETTING A JOB!?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieM View Post
    Not only do people have to contend with umemployment, there is now underemployment, where people are accepting less for the same work, getting no raises for years, giving up benefits and having no retirement savings. It's so easy for some people to say, "Get a Job"...things have drastically changed.
    It's a sad situation how this country supposed to be the greatest nation on earth reduced to be served by other nations when manufacturing, services and others are closing down. So, "Get a Job" instead of getting into home-based business to better our lives doesn't paid the freakin rent. Yes, they're scams out there but they're also real legitimate companies out there. All you had to is do is do some little research and pick which companies and the kind of business you would like to do.

Similar Threads

  1. anyone heard of this?
    By kerrirenee in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
  2. Has Anyone Heard Of This
    By djd616 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 06:25 AM
  3. Anyone ever heard of this?
    By rmhoover in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 06:53 PM
  4. anyone heard of this?
    By sammeier in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
  5. Has anyone heard of ASI?
    By Katzpurr in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •