+ Reply to Thread

Does anyone know Douglas J. Koufman?

Does anyone know of or heard of Douglas J. Koufman? He says that he formerly worked with NBC and has claimed to be an attorney. He claims that he formerly lived in NYC and grew up in Boston. He now resides in Coconut Grove Just outside of Miami Florida. He is about 57.
    I can not confirm the information, or locate a photograph.

Re: Does anyone know Douglas J. Koufman?

He belongs on this site. I highly doubt he is an attorney or that he worked for NBC. He did live in New York and stuck a lot of people with bad checks. He goes by Douglas James Kaufman too a guy like this probably uses variants of his name and aliases. WARNING: Verify everything he says. Intelius.com says he is 57 years old and also lived in Georgia, Boston and Miami Beach. Coconut Grove is an area in Miami so that makes sense too. He is a charming and handsome scam artist who seems to have perfected this art. He is smooth and glib and looks so proper you wouldn't think it was necessary to check him out and that is a BIG mistake. WATCH OUT or you will be his next victim!
    *You should post here if he has ripped you off. And post a picture if you have one!
    Last edited by Harrington; 07-26-2009 at 08:22 PM.

I have been victimized by Douglas J.Koufman (Kaufman). Here is a picture of him.

Douglas is a pathetic pathological liar and a sociopath. He takes and scams anyone including close friends and family.He lifts credit card numbers and charges them to the limit. Passes checks he knows will bounce. Steals from stores and returns the merchandise for credit. The posted picture of him must be twenty years old.For identification he is balding in the back and dyes his hair. He can not be trusted. The sad thing is that he was on probation in New York and continued to commit crimes around the state and out of the state. He always gets away with it. Law enforcement people are just way too lazy or overworked to pursue him. He should be behind bars. The sad thing is that he is highly intelligent. If he used his mind for something legit he would have probably been very successful. Instead he would rather scam and steal from others. Goes by his name and many variations. Kaufman Kaufmann Koufman as well as variations with a C. He is living in Miami now. If he has scammed you please call the Miami DA. Hopefully he will be put behind bars where all thieves belong
    Last edited by Niceguysfinishlast1; 07-30-2009 at 12:53 PM.

He lives at The Ritz Carlton Tower residences in Coconut Grove and owes 2 years taxes on the place according to Miami-Dade Property Appraiser records:
    The 2009 TAX Roll will be available on November 1, 2009 .
    Today's Date: 10/13/2009 Last Update: 10/08/2009
    Folio Number: 01 41212160730 MIAMI
    **** Prior Years Taxes Due ****

Owner's Name: DOUGLAS J KOUFMAN
    Property Address: 3400 SW 27 AVE 1604
    Mailing Information : Legal Description :
    DOUGLAS J KOUFMAN THE TOWER RESIDENCES CONDO
    3400 SW 27 AVE #1604 UNIT 1604
    COCONUT GROVE FL 331335320 UNDIV .007446%
    INT IN COMMON ELEMENTS

Amounts due:
    Prior years taxes must be paid by cashier's check, money order or certified check in U.S. funds.
    Type Tax Year Number Amount due
    as of 10/13/2009
    NOT PAID NOT SOLD 2008 67587 12518.31
    TAX CERTIFICATE 2007 9753 14096.30

TOTAL AMOUNT 26614.61

Try these telephone numbers if you want to get in touch with him:

786-230-1100
    786-443-7675

Has NBC everywhere in apartment and claims to live only there part time.

GOOD LUCK!

Doug inherited family money and is from Boston. See below for proof of same:
    http://masscases.com/cases/app/9/9massappct40.html

However, if you search the Miami Dade County Clerk of Court records you will find that he hasn't paid the condo fees at The Ritz Carlton and is being sued by several entities.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...on-198158.html

Hope he's finally brought to justice!

Quote Originally Posted by FLconscience View Post
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...on-198158.html

Hope he's finally brought to justice!
    Thanks for posting the link FLconscience, but from past experience news paper websites don't maintain content for more than a few weeks or months, after that the links go dead. I've been playing around with WebCite.org as a possible more permanent archive option. If your link goes dead try this one instead.

Follow this link to a recent picture of Douglas when he was arrested for drugs

http://www.jailbase.com:80/en/arrested/fl-bso/2010-12-10/douglas-j-koufman-591001105

Not surprised he ripped off his mother. Must have pounced at the opportunity as soon as she was the least bit out of it.
    Can't go any lower than that!

It is about time he's been caught for drugs. Doug is a long time drug abuser. Loves that crank and blow. He was always ampin'. Really took a toll on his looks. Seems like this loser might finally be going down. Watch your back and especially your pocket if you have any dealings with this DICKHEAD.

Worry no more, my friend. Doug the thug was grooming my terminally ill ex father in law to be his next victim. He got in REALLY good with my ex mother in law (if you know what I mean). When I went to Miami to visit, I was introduced to this little weasel. Alarms were going off in my head. I could tell the second I met him that I was in the presence of a narcissistic sociopath. Unfortunately for Doug, his egregiously misplaced ego showed me the kind of guy I was dealing with. After doing some digging I found many victims online.

The detectives busted in my ex mother in law’s house and got him. He is currently locked up and will not be ripping people off for a long time. Looks like you ed with the wrong family, huh Doug? Have fun in your cell, LOSER! :)