+ Reply to Thread

Spread Group Company

I got an email today from this guy from a company named Spread Group Company and he offered me a position at this company saying that he got my resume from careerbuilder and they were going to pay me 2300 dollars a month while training with them and that all communication is through e-mail .I googled the name and found nothing so either this company name is too new or they just switched it to this, it sounds too good to be legal. so has anyone ever heard of this company? I have found nothing so far, which is a bad sign already.

Re: Spread Group Company

What did he ask of you before you could start the $2300-a-month job?
    Do you have to pay for your own training?
    Or did they want your bank account information?

Just do not get into advanced fee scam. If he sends check which is much larger than you cut and asks to wire money somewhere else, you can be sure it is a scam.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 07-18-2009 at 09:39 PM.

In response your questions. I e-mailed this guy back and asked what exactly it was that I was to do for this 2300 a month and he responded that I would have to have a bank account (red flag #1), that I would have to have the money transfered into my bank account and withdraw it on the same day and then go to western union and wire it to the company and I would collect 5 to 8% commission for each transaction, but that the wire fee would have to come out of my commission. According to this guy who e-mailed me back the reason why I have to use MY bank account is because it's faster for the people transferring money into my account to get payment to this guy's company, I automatically thought... well why don't these "customers" just go to western union or moneygram and wire the money themselves? and if they don't have one in their area...they can go online and wire the money directly to this guy's company. This is the second scam puller that's contacted me through careerbuilder.com...I guess my resume translates into "easily scammed" huh

btw, this is the site link he gave me in case I want to gain more information about his company http://www.spread-groupmain.cc/e/ind...age=r_19#id002

Quote Originally Posted by CDUB79 View Post
    .I guess my resume translates into "easily scammed" huh
    No they do this to everybody.

btw, this is the site link he gave me in case I want to gain more information about his company http://www.spread-groupmain.cc/e/ind...age=r_19#id002
    This is probably beating a dead horse, but if anyone should doubt that this is a scam, they should read the site. "Spread Group" postures as some kind of major player in the financial markets, claims to have 3,000 employees and to be based in Glens Falls, N.Y.
    But whoever wrote the web site has very marginal English-language skills: "According to estimates of most authoritative finance expert groups our company is among top 5 financial corporations in the stock market providing the widest possible range of services of all kinds."
    The whole thing with putting checks into your personal bank account and sending it back to them by Western Union is presented as some sort of innovative method for transferring their clients' money more quickly than they could through a regular bank transfer: "an interbank transfer takes 1 to 5 days, which is not admissible for the securities market, where fluctuations might happen very often." All fairly nonsensical.