+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H57 Hoodia

H57 Hoodia

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of this product?
    Supposedly H57 Hoodia is a weight loss supplement that contains the African Cactus plant known as Hoodia Gordonii. Hoodia Gordonii is a powerful appetite suppressant that has been used by the South African Bushmen of Kalahari Desert for centuries.

Re: H57 Hoodia

Why is it that human beings MUST always have some fad diet going?

Ok, first of all, a lesson:

I purchased a one week free trial from curbyourcravings.com in which the shipping costs were 9.95. Rather high from a free trial standpoint, but companies will claim that it costs money to ship and handle, so this tipped me off right off the bat, but my wife still wanted to try the product. So we figured a 10.00 loss is acceptable.

Curbyourcravings.com works on a auto-bill system, meaning you have to cancel the "membership" within 30 days in order to stop the new 30 day supply from being debited from your bank account. The thing was, it was suppose to be 30 days from the time of the trial period shipment date - that was the window in which you needed to call and cancel to stop the continuing supply and bank debit. What happened was we called two weeks before the 30 days were to expire and Curbyourcravings.com had informed us that our order had already been shipped and to simply return the product when it arrived, get a tracking number at the Post Office, and they would credit our account - minus the 9.95 shipping and handling 15 days from the time they received the product back at their location. Well, two months go by and no credit. So I contact the USPS and confirm the tracking number to which they verified the returned product was received by Curbyourcravings.com. So we call them and ask why we havent been credited for the returned products (remember its been 60 days, well past the 15 day period) and they claim they never received it. Now, I got really suspicious when the customer rep didnt have any problem understanding us on the telephone until we tried to give her our tracking number. She repeatedly, and in our opinion, deliberately kept repeating back the wrong numbers. I think its an irritant technique aimed at getting the caller upset so they will hang up.

She hung up on us when I told her that I thought they were scamming customers by making them feel hopeless that any real solution was possible due to the deliberate and "fake" hearing problem she suddenly developed.

So, my wife looks at me and basically kisses the notion of our money being returned goodbye. I contacted the Attorney General of Connecticut and filed a complaint and then I tried to post with the BBB online. It appears that BBB has changed the way they function. And now, my third option is to warn others about the business practices of online companies who offer money back guarantees but dont really want to give the money back.

As for as the legitimacy of the hoodia product, as you asked, I cannot say that the product has any real ingredients that supplement the dieter, especially patches, which curbyourcravings.com claims are the better product. After much research online and talking with my own physician, both seemed to agree that hoodia supplements in products are not traceable enough for any consumer to say they know they are getting what they pay for. And then there is the placebo - mental awareness factor where people want to believe something is working, but have no real way to test to see if it is. So, basically, you are taking any companies word for a product that they claim works, but you have no way of really knowing if it really does. Let me just say, its up to you as a consumer to try the product, as we did, and test it out for a week (Curbyourcravings.com suggests 90 days is the standard time allowance needed to really gauge the product). For me thats 47.60 times 3 = 142.80. I am not sure I would want to pass out close to a 150.00 to discover what I already suspected. It's too good to be true.

New studies are coming out warning about the legitimacy of these online claims about how Hoodia Gordinii works. The study suggests that only a specific part of the plant contains the actual ingredient that works, and it only works 100% effectively when used from the actual cactus. This is where it ends for me, not knowing who is legit and who isn't. I can vouch that the free trial did nothing for my wife... I mean seriously consider why Curbyourcravings.com is offering this if the trial itself is suppose to hook you into their product. My advice, pass Curbyourcravings.com by and start looking for legitimate businesses that offer real hoodia extract products.

mahvin

Thank you soooo much, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer this for me. I had actually bought the pills (1) bottle and am not seeing ANY results although its only been one week I fear this w/still be the outcome by bottles end. I would like to add though that the original Xenadrine RFA worked like a DREAM I lost almost 40lbs w/that stuff and hope and pray they put it back on the market soon :)
    Thanks Again

Hoodia hoo-doo

Eat less fat and fewer carbohydrates
    Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (broccoli!)
    Take moderate exercise

All else is flummery.

Stanstorm:

I see you lost 40lb taking those pills. How long did it take for you to lose the 40lbs and why did they take the diet pills off the market? Also, have anyone heard of a diet pill called REV XP & if so, what do you known or have heard about the pill.

Yeah I did well w/the Xenadryn but still havent lost a cent with the H57 Hoodia. I think it was taken off the market because some folks were over doing it. No never heard of the Rev XP but please let me know if it works

Hoodia was the main ingredient in Thermospa (Anna Nicole Smith...). I've tried hoodia msyelf (not any of the brand mentioned here), and it does have an appetite-supressing effect.

Me, I prefer ephedra, which, by the way, is NOT banned in the U.S (currently), even though that is the perception. I bought a case of it for $60 (8 cents a pill!) when the ban first was announced. They have since lifted the ban on lower doses. Do the research and you will see that you can in fact buy ephedra (but now pricey again). As to the health risks, you have to decide for yourself. I have no problem with it.

Stanstorm:

I had a friend who lost 35lbs taking REV XP along with diet and work out though.
    Last edited by shelia7; 05-07-2006 at 05:06 AM.

Okay so I NEED help, where can I buy the Ephedra?????? Pricey is not an issue if it works any information given would be appreciated

Diet and exercise.

That's all you need to know.

Stan, try this site http://www.superb-weight-loss.com/

The "new" products are essentially the same as the old ones except the dosage is now 10 mg instead of 20 mg per pill. Frankly, I just take 2 pills to get the same effect of the old single pill.

If you've never tried ephedra before, I can tell you it will give you energy, so take it before noon, or you may not fall asleep as promptly at the end of the day. I enjoy the feeling it gives you, but I'm type A anyways, so... Some people don't like it. It's the same feeling as a caffience buzz. I've never taken more than 20 mg a day, but I only weigh 110 pounds. You may find better success taking 2 pills twice a day.

It does decrease your appetite too.

Good luck.

Scambuster, come on. Why the editorial? Not everyone can "just" stick to diet and exercise. We all know it "should" be that simple, but real life gets in the way. You shouldn't criticize someone for really wanting to find a way to lose weight, herbal or otherwise.

I've gone the Ephedra route and although it worked like crazy as an appetite suppressant, it made me MAD :mad: all the time!! Im not sure what that was about but my boyfriend could always tell when I was taking it by my disposition.

Ive been wanting to try the Hoodia products but I've had friends try it and they have not been very impressed.

:(

Edited because I cant speel goot
    Last edited by MeMyselfI; 05-11-2006 at 03:49 AM.

My husband did some research on Hoodia, and took his best stab at getting the real Hoodia. I got pretty mad at him ordering his "snake oil" as I call it. It cost him $70 for a months worth. He started the pills on Friday weighing 207.8, this Monday morning he weighed 203.4. That's 4.4 lbs. in 2.5 days. I'm thinking time will tell on this product. Who's to say if it's water he's lost, or fat. He has said that he has less of an appetite, but he's also craving water, thus he's been drinking quite a bit of water too. That alone will help you lose weight.
    For some background info, he is 28, in the Marine Corps., exercises 5 days a week with weights and cardo, eats healthy, just eats more calories than he should ( in my opinion). On Jan.1st, he cut fast food and soda out of his diet, and has only lost 5 lbs or so, then stagnated in weight loss. He's hoping this pill will help him reduce his calories intake.
    I will post again if he still loses more weight.

Uh, today ( tues) my husband weighed in at 200.8 lbs. He bought the brand Hoodia 911. That's 7lbs. in 4 days. I can't see this as just fat, it has to be water weight also with how fast he's losing. He's so excited about this, I hope he's not going to have a big letdown. He's already got other Marines asking about buying this product. I see on the website that all you can buy is three bottles at a time.
    Is this going to be another phen-phen or Ephedra where they take it off the market? He hasn't had any side effects yet.

Three weeks on the Hoodia, my hubbie weighs 196 now. That's about 11 lbs.He's eating way less than he used to.
    If you are going to try it, don't buy the stuff in the store. Most of that is the flower and leaf. I think he said you need the ones that use the stems. He switched to another brand online that is higher strength.
    I tried it a few days, and couldn't tell a difference. Granted, I am not overweight, and I don't eat much to begin with.