+ Reply to Thread

HELP - Does this eBay Lister work looks scam?

I sent a couple a day ago an inquiry to a cr...list.com add about a so called: "eBay Lister Sales Position".

Today I got back this email:

"NOTE: TO AVOID RECEIVING DUPLICATE EMAILS FROM ME, PLEASE REPLY TO CONFIRM RECEIPT. THANK YOU!
    Hello, how are you today? My name is Barry. I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my ad.

Sorry for the delay reply. I've been doing a bit of business travels that prevents me to respond on time.

The job position requires listing products on your eBay account and get commission for every sale.

It doesn't cost anything to start. It's NOT a program, you don't pay to work. It's like any regular job, rather than coming to the office, everything can be done on the PC.

And it takes you an hour or two a day. Some tasks include forwarding emails, sending invoices to customer, pay invoices, etc.

This is part-time hours. Can be an addition to your daytime job. Your pay depends on your feedback rating.

eBay accounts with starting feedback count of 10 or less is $1.00 per item sold. Feedback count of 11 or more is $2 per item sold. And feedback count of 11 or more AND powerseller status is $3.00 per item sold.

The pay will be increased by $1 after one month. I estimate about 500+ items are sold a month. Items being sold are authentic designer fragrances.

=============================================

HOW IT WORKS:

Rather than putting everything on a very very long email, I created my blog page where I explained everything.

To access my blog page, simply click here:

http://ebaylister.blog.com/

My contact information is below:

***I'M USUALLY ONLINE BUT IN OFFLINE MODE SINCE I'M MULTI-TASKING, SO MESSAGE ME WHEN YOU ARE ON***

=============================
    LIVE CHAT: XXXX

YAHOO MESSENGER: XXXX

MSN MESSENGER: XXXX

AIM: barrybee99

FACEBOOK: XXXXX
    =============================

=====================
    HOW DO I GET STARTED?
    =====================
    The next step is for you to go to auctiva.com and create an account. After registration, you'll login and it will prompt you to generate a token. This token is a communication link required by Auctiva to post listings onto your eBay account.
    Once token is generated, please send over the auctiva login and password so I can go ahead and create the listings there.

Note: Auctiva is Free for 30 days, afterwards its $9.99 which I will cover.

Also send me your paypal email to input into the listings to receive payments from customers for items sold.

================================================== =====================================
    A question you might ponder: WHY DON'T YOU DO THIS YOURSELF?

One of the main reasons is because I want to sell via multiple accounts. By doing so, I can get my products more exposure. Listing thru multiple accounts has a higher chance of completing a sale. For example, if I own 3 restaurants on ONE block vs. 1....my 3 restaurants will likely make more business than 1. It'll cost more to operate 3 since I have to pay rent etc. BUT on eBay, seller account is Free, it's just the listing fees.
    ================================================== =====================================

A FEW REASONS WHY THIS ISN'T THOSE FREQUENTLY SEEN WORK AT HOME SCAM JOBS:

1. ALL PAYMENTS IS THRU PAYPAL OR THRU A CREDIT CARD MERCHANT
    2. I NEVER WILL ASK YOU TO WIRE MONEY VIA BANK OR WESTERN UNION OR MONEY ORDER
    3. I DO NOT ASK TO ACCESS YOUR EBAY OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT
    4. YOU GET PAID BY CUSTOMER FIRST - I GET PAID SECOND
    5. YOU DON'T PAY TO WORK - THIS IS A JOB!
    6. I COVER ALL EBAY FEES + PAYPAL FEES (INCLUDING UNSOLD ITEMS)

NOTE: THIS IS A REAL JOB, NO MONEY UPFRONT, ITS NOT A PROGRAM AND I'M NOT HERE TO SCAM ANYONE.
    I COVER ALL FEES (FOR SOLD AND UNSOLD ITEMS) + PAYPAL FEES. EVERYTHING IS LEGIT AND CLEARLY EXPLAINED ABOVE. IF YOU HAVE ANY SKEPTICISM, EMAIL ME, WE CAN EMAIL EACH OTHER OR VIA CHAT.

EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED, PLEASE REPLY SO THAT I KNOW. Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you.

Barry

P.S: There is no commitment, you can test it out!"

-------------------------------------------------------

What do you think, is this a scam?

Looking through Google I could not find any enlightening info about such kind of "ebay Lister" sales positions.

Re: HELP - Does this eBay Lister work looks scam?

authentic designer fragrances?

perhaps they are fake, and having his ebay account suspended or closed he now wants other people to sell his fake products.

the real perfume factory didn't give nobody from nowhere a lincense to sell these products on ebay at discount prices.

he says he wants to have multiple listings, but that does not stop him from doing his own at same time. so, he can show you his listings each day?
    Last edited by mumbles; 07-15-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Scam.

Here is how it works.

1) You sell the items on your account (that is the key to the scam)

2) You give him the money for the sale.

3) He never ships any item and keeps the money.

4) You are responsible since it was done from your account.

I would LOVE to know how and when he is going to pay your eBay fees if you never sell an item. LOL

Why not just use a drop shipper? I've used drop shippers for years and years. You don't make as much if you purchase items wholesale, but the idea is pretty much the same. You don't pay for an item until after you sell it, you send the wholesaler the money and they ship the package to your customer for you.

The trick is you have to find wholesalers willing to drop ship for you. Those drop shippers you find while Googling are all scams (scam example: Doba!!! SMC)
    Real wholesalers do NOT charge for drop shipping, there are NO signup fees, NO monthly or yearly fees.
    And to use a wholesaler you need a TAX ID #. If a wholesaler or drop shipping tells you "You don't need a Tax ID #" that should be your first clue to WALK AWAY.

I have a feeling you would go much further with a good wholesaler then this guy.

Thanks for your replies.

Basically I was thinking the same that all of you are telling:

This would be a scam, because after I make a sale, I need to send him the money.

Then, if he's not shipping what is needed, even 30 days later those buyers trough the Ebay policy and PayPal policy can ask me back for their money.

Now myself on my end I can not ask back these moneys from this guy, because basically I never bought anything from him.

So while my buyers are fully protected by the Ebay and PayPal policies I'm totally unprotected in the front of this guy through the same policies.

If he scams me I can try to recover my money just trough other legal ways, which is very complicated...

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by eDee View Post
    I would LOVE to know how and when he is going to pay your eBay fees if you never sell an item. LOL

Why not just use a drop shipper? I've used drop shippers for years and years. You don't make as much if you purchase items wholesale, but the idea is pretty much the same. You don't pay for an item until after you sell it, you send the wholesaler the money and they ship the package to your customer for you.

The trick is you have to find wholesalers willing to drop ship for you. Those drop shippers you find while Googling are all scams (scam example: Doba!!! SMC)
    Real wholesalers do NOT charge for drop shipping, there are NO signup fees, NO monthly or yearly fees.
    And to use a wholesaler you need a TAX ID #. If a wholesaler or drop shipping tells you "You don't need a Tax ID #" that should be your first clue to WALK AWAY.

I have a feeling you would go much further with a good wholesaler then this guy.

I do not have any kind of items to sale, I just wanted to make money doing some ebay work because I'm very good on the net and have some spare time on hand.

You see, here is a big problem:

If you say that all those drop-shippers that can be found through search engines are scammers, then if you don't know a person who can recommand you a real dropshipper how in the world can you find a good one? :rotz:

Because in the same way (using the same line of though) those drop-shippers who advertise in home business publications also must be scams...

PS: If you know a legit one, I would be thankful if you would PM me with the contact info.

This site is a mess in progress, but I'm adding more every..... well every so often.
    Check it out, there will be more soon.

http://thedropshipqueen.com

DON'T DO THIS!! IT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING NIGHTMARE! ing1: I fell for this. How it works is that you are dropshipping what is touted as authentic designer perfume/cologne for someone under your name, and you have to deal with this elusive chick named Kathy who refuses to give up any personal information about herself, and randomly decides when to and not to respond (oh yea and she doesn't work weekends -- even though she promises 72 hour shipping and doesn't say 3 business days -- she says 72 hours).

I sold 250 items with this thing, and I'd say easily I had to refund about 150 due to people saying they were fake or broken. IN ADDITION - Paypal is cracking down...and because of the "sudden activity" on my account, it is now "limited" and I am having to jump through hoops to prove to them that I am not an ebay scammer. If they don't approve the information that I sent in.... My money will be held for 180 days, my account closed and i won't see the money for 6 months, when they will issue me a check. But in the meantime I can't buy or sell on ebay cuz i have no paypal. The only good thing is, alot of the scammer's money is in there too since I didn't pay her last invoice, but I harrased her to send the items out before she got me thrown off of ebay.

So basically after about 6 days, lots of stress, and going back and forth with this Kathy woman with nasty emails trying to get her to MOVE and ship the items in a timely manner or get back to me about refunds... I just took all items down off my ebay and said lets just finish the obligations we already have and be done with this.

IT'S NOT WORTH THE STRESS!!! Plus from what the guy at Paypal said, if one of the designer perfume companies decide to investigate people selling perfume on ebay, you will be asked to provide samples of the items you are selling, and YOU will be liable for the fraud lawsuit and charges should they decide to prosecutee.....which is why I got out of this and took all my items down. I wanted to give everyone that hadn't shipped yet refunds, but "Kathy" refused... so I am just giving the ones that aren't happy refunds out of her money that is locked in my limited paypal account....

in short....RUN!!!! RUN AWAY FROM THIS AD!!!! FLAG IT WHEN YOU SEE IT ON *****SLIST. PUT THIS HORRIBLE PERSON OUT OF BUSINESS!!!:judges: