+ Reply to Thread

don't buy gas from exxon, or mobil

THIS WAS SENT TO ME VIA E-MAIL. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL WORK, BUT IT'S WORTH THE TRY:

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
    >>>>
    >>>> This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It
    came
    >>>> from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It
    '
    >>>> s
    >>>> worth your consideration.
    >>>>
    >>>> Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00
    a
    >>>> gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline
    prices
    >>>> to
    >>>> come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.
    Phillip
    >>>> Hollsworth offered this good idea.
    >>>>
    >>>> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain
    >>>> day"
    >>>> campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil
    companies
    >>>> just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to
    >>>> "hurt"
    >>>> ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience
    >>>> to us
    >>>> than it was a problem for them.
    >>>>
    >>>> BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that
    can
    >>>> really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're
    probably
    >>>> thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It
    >>>> is
    >>>> currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil
    >>>> companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that
    >>>> the
    >>>> cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take
    >>>> aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
    >>>> marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up
    >>>> more
    >>>> each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are
    >>>> going
    >>>> to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the
    >>>> pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that
    WITHOUT
    >>>> hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't
    just
    >>>> stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all
    >>>> act
    >>>> together to force a price war.
    >>>>
    >>>> Here's the idea:
    >>>>
    >>>> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the
    two
    >>>> biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they
    are
    >>>> not
    >>>> selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
    >>>> they
    >>>> reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
    >>>>
    >>>> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
    Exxon
    >>>> and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp
    out

>>>> please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from
    >>>> EXXON/MOBIL
    >>>> UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM
    DOWN.
    >>>>
    >>>> THIS CAN REALLY WORK

Re: don't buy gas from exxon, or mobil

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2293
    This is now the 4th thread on this "gas war"
    Are there T-shirts available?

weather there's merit to this or not i don't know, but i just hate paying almost $3.00 per gallon! i do my part & ride my bike just about every chance i get, but you can only ride so far....

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    weather there's merit to this or not i don't know, but i just hate paying almost $3.00 per gallon! i do my part & ride my bike just about every chance i get, but you can only ride so far....

It's a hoax. And I've gotten it about half a dozen times in my email since yesterday so you aren't alone in falling for it.

But it's no wonder our country is going down the tubes. LOL, people will believe anything, including that moron in office.

Always check www.truthminers.com or www.snopes.com to verify before passing along "Please forward to everyone you know SPAM" it will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

didefresh04 is offline SeƱor Member--Owner of Gecco Insurance User Rank

It is impossible for me to do so because my mom works at an Exxon AND I use Great Fun as an offer and I get gift cards for Exxon.
    Marge: My name is Marge S. and I'm a Homerholic
    Otto: If you're taking Homerhol, I'll take a swig
    Marge: I'm afraid what I like can't be swallowed, sniffed or smoked
    Otto: Hmm, then you better inject it between my toes cause my mom checks my arms

Gecko Insurance
    So easy, someone barely smarter than Sarah Palin can do it!:

i recently read in our local newspaper about some towns in texas who were boycotting exxon & mobil for real! i wonder what ever happened with that. i never followed the story. a lot of times these ideas are just regarded as spam, but there's really some communities following it by the book. i wonder if it's having any impact whatsover...

They live in Beeville for God's sake. 13,000 people aren't going to make much of a dent. What a bunch of rednecks, lol.

Texas Town Calls For Exxon Boycott

Nearly Everything Is An Hour's Drive From Beeville
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1562860.shtml
    May 1, 2006

(CBS/AP) High gas prices are unquestionably painful in this small South Texas town that is at least an hour's drive from malls and specialized medical care, but some residents are doubting the wisdom of the county board's call for a boycott of Exxon Mobil Corp.

"We just need to roll up our sleeves at the local level and do something about what's going on," County Judge Jimmy Martinez said.

Opponents of the boycott that starts Monday note that oil and gas taxes fund much of Bee County's budget, and they say a boycott could end up harming mom-and-pop gas stations whose main profits are not from oil.

The boycott against the world's largest oil company will continue until gas is down to $1.30 a gallon, said Martinez, the county's highest elected official. A gallon of regular unleaded cost $2.92 on average around the nation and $2.80 in the Corpus Christi region Sunday, according to AAA.

"I understand free enterprise. I understand we live in America. But, by golly, just because they have a license doesn't mean that they can rob," Martinez said.

A Beeville Bee-Picayune poll showed 72 percent of those surveyed plan to participate in the boycott.

The rural town of 13,000 people has fast-food restaurants and a Wal-Mart, but the long drive to other businesses and services is more than just an inconvenience for some locals.

"It's hurting everybody; everything is going up except the pay," said Debbie Ponce, a 35-year-old hairdresser who no longer makes the lengthy trip in her sport utility vehicle.

Martinez said Exxon, based near Dallas, was targeted because of its size and the message it sent with its recent compensation and pension package to former chief executive Lee Raymond. He received $69.7 million in compensation and a $98 million pension payout after retiring late last year.

"That's not right, not when they show those enormous profits that they're showing. This is un-American," Martinez told CBS Radio News.

But Exxon Mobil, which made $36 billion in profits last year, said supply and demand are mainly responsible for the high gas prices and pointed out that only about 13,000 of the country's 170,000 gas stations have the Exxon or Mobil brand. And all but about 1,000 of those are owned by franchisees, the company said.

Commissioner Susan Stasny, the only dissenter in Monday's 4-1 vote, noted the irony of the boycott coming from the heart of oil country.

In the past five years, she said, the county received $8 million in oil and gas tax revenues, with the county's four school districts receiving a combined $30 million.

"We're all concerned about the price of gasoline," she said. "However, the oil and gas industry has been very kind to Bee County."

Fuel is the lowest-profit item at the town's three Exxon stations, owner Leticia Munoz said, adding that her 51 employees fear for their jobs.

"They realize if it affects us, it'll affect them," said Munoz, whose profits come mainly from sales of tacos, sodas and other store items.

Martinez put out a newsletter Friday urging citizens to boycott only gas, not the convenience stores.

Munoz said she had gotten a few customers who wanted to show disapproval of the resolution by buying Exxon gas.

"One said he hadn't bought Exxon fuel in 33 years," she said.

Still, Exxon's reasoning in a statement that it "does not and could not control the market price of gasoline" doesn't matter much to the many who blame the oil companies.

"It's time for us to come together, band together, and do something about these outrageous prices at the pumps," Martinez said.

how far away from you is that town? ya, that's the add i was referring to. that looks like the same add from our Cleveland Plain Dealer. ya got to give them credit to try, not that it would really do any good!
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 05-27-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Beeville is just north of Corpus Christie, a little over 550 miles from me. You don't give Rednecks credit, it only encourages them to greater levels of stupidity, lol.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Beeville is just north of Corpus Christie, a little over 550 miles from me. You don't give Rednecks credit, it only encourages them to greater levels of stupidity, lol.

Lady Mod
    LOL! i deal with 2 companies in your area, National Bronze & Metals, & Farmer's Copper. ever hear of them?