+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718

Re: If God exists, he's an asshole. Here's why:

Quote Originally Posted by Skywriting View Post
    There are no threats in the statements below. Zero threats.
    Not even any requests for money.

3"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. 4"Trust in the LORD forever, For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock. 5"For He has brought low those who dwell on high, the unassailable city; He lays it low, He lays it low to the ground, He casts it to the dust.

Psalm 62:8
    Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Isaiah 44:8
    Do not tremble and do not be afraid; Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it? And you are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none.'"

Isaiah 45:17
    Israel has been saved by the LORD With an everlasting salvation; You will not be put to shame or humiliated To all eternity.

"14 I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, 15 just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father.

And I lay down My life for the sheep.

16 I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd."
    my comment was based on jesus the MAN offering to die for all sinners/mankind!? as far as i understand the scriptures jesus the man had to struggle with that OFFERING!? and if thats the case then jesus cannot BE god as many say cuz that would mean god talks to HIMSELF and has doubts!?
    Last edited by lexx; 10-23-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    my comment was based on jesus the MAN offering to die for all sinners/mankind!? as far as i understand the scriptures jesus the man had to struggle with that OFFERING!? and if thats the case then jesus cannot BE god as many say cuz that would mean god talks to HIMSELF and has doubts!?
    Jesus, the son of God, is not the same person as the Father and Jesus was not looking forward to separating from the Father and going to Hell for three days (with no companionship). Still, being human, he was regretting the task He knew He had to do.
    Please do correct me when I'm Wrong.
    Matthew 7:12
    In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Get Answered Prayer - Steps 1, 2, & 3

Any other questions? - Sky

Jesus, the son of God, is not the same person as the Father and Jesus was not looking forward to separating from the Father and going to Hell for three days (with no companionship). Still, being human, he was regretting the task He knew He had to do.
    like jesus the man how could even KNOW what the EVENT would be like!? how could he even IMAGINE SEPARATION!?
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    like jesus the man how could even KNOW what the EVENT would be like!? how could he even IMAGINE SEPARATION!?
    J
    Just as any soldier going to war,
    you can prepare, but never know
    till you get there.

Even if you think you can see down the road,
    the experience may be different within 2 blocks.
    In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

J
    Just as any soldier going to war,
    you can prepare, but never know
    till you get there.

Even if you think you can see down the road,
    the experience may be different within 2 blocks.
    sounds like the ULTIMATE BETRAYAL:!? who could ever willingly submit to that!? who could ever recover!? think of that in relation to dealing with unbelievers!?

Quote Originally Posted by chesty View Post
    See. There you go putting a name on an unknown. So WHAT is god? Do not claim to know the identity of an unknown. Have you even considered the concept of TIME being continuous. Of time being circular? Outside of your scope of understanding. Consider one word "ALWAYS". You are finite and you will only understand finite. You may well give a meaning to "always" but you cannot comprehend it.
    Time is a temporary construct by God that stalls your
    death. Suppose you murder somebody. By all "rights"
    and "fairness" and such, you should instantly die for
    your crimes. But God loves us so much that He delays
    your just death and give you "time" to think over
    what you have done, and "repent".

It doesn't SEEM fair that you "get away" with it, but
    God give you a chance to change. God is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krowler View Post
    Honestly to speak, I am tired of Theists who deflect the possibility that God causes all of the negative events in the world by invoking free will. Then they go on to praise God for all the mountains, trees, butterflies, rainbows, and all the goody-goody stuff. If God plays an active role in making the positive things that you see, then you would also have to attribute all the negative things to Him as well for consistency. If all actions happen because of a cause and effect chain from our free will, which would therefore negate God's accountability for the negative things, then you can't really thank God for the good things in your life.
    God gives us choice, and that choice has allowed for evil.
    But God is Pro-Choice and not in favor of slavery or robots.

Time is a temporary construct by God that stalls your
    death. Suppose you murder somebody. By all "rights"
    and "fairness" and such, you should instantly die for
    your crimes. But God loves us so much that He delays
    your just death and give you "time" to think over
    what you have done, and "repent".

It doesn't SEEM fair that you "get away" with it, but
    God give you a chance to change. God is good.
    NOT ALWAYS!? there CAN be instant JUDGEMENT like you shoot a cop, other cops shoot you!?