+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

African Parrot and Pet scams

Well there are so many different scams out there that I may as well throw this one into the pile! So called "Breeders" out of Africa (mostly Cameroon) advertise on free classifieds throughout North America and UK selling Parrots, Parrot Eggs, Monkeys, Rare Breeds of dogs and cats and yes even........A talking baboon with a large Vocabulary
    HTML Code:
    http://www.avesint.com/scams.html
    Unfortunately they prey on Animal lovers who cannot afford the pet of their dreams here in North America and they somehow don't see the scam.
    I have created a non-profit website to make sure that people don't go out and buy an animal from outside the country before they check the website!
    HTML Code:
    http://www.geocities.com/adr_com2/africascam_home.html
    To date I have been contacted by over 100 people that have been taken and the total scammed was over $70,000.00! So, all that I can say is don't buy from outside your country because if you do there is very little that you can do to get it back!

Thanks

Re: African Parrot and Pet scams

Interesting, first one I've heard.
    Did you lose any here?

Yes, I don't know what I was thinking. I knew of these scams in Africa but I still (for some reason) send money for African Grey Parrot Eggs. It was only 600.00 and that is nothing compared to the e-mails I have received from others that have been taken by this Cameroon, Central African Republic, and Sudan scam artists, they have been taken for thousands.
    And there is nothing that can be done if you are scammed, A large percentage of the law enforcment there are either in on the scam or are paid off!

Quote Originally Posted by adr_com2
    Well there are so many different scams out there that I may as well throw this one into the pile! So called "Breeders" out of Africa (mostly Cameroon) advertise on free classifieds throughout North America and UK selling Parrots, Parrot Eggs, Monkeys, Rare Breeds of dogs and cats and yes even........A talking baboon with a large Vocabulary
    HTML Code:
    http://www.avesint.com/scams.html
    Unfortunately they prey on Animal lovers who cannot afford the pet of their dreams here in North America and they somehow don't see the scam.
    I have created a non-profit website to make sure that people don't go out and buy an animal from outside the country before they check the website!
    HTML Code:
    http://www.geocities.com/adr_com2/africascam_home.html
    To date I have been contacted by over 100 people that have been taken and the total scammed was over $70,000.00! So, all that I can say is don't buy from outside your country because if you do there is very little that you can do to get it back!

Thanks
    If someone pays for a talking baboon! Hahaha, not sure how much sympathy I could have for them.

Allot of the times purchasing these animals even for real does happen, but it is still illegal. Reason being the African(Cameron) Governments will not allow the sale of their animals to PRIVATE individuals. They will sell to a Zoo, or other Organizations involved with the preservation of the animals.

You also must have the animals in Quarantine for several weeks, you must have Custom forms filled out, Innoculation records, Bill of sale, and written proof from that government allowing the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    If someone pays for a talking baboon! Hahaha, not sure how much sympathy I could have for them.
    Sign Language! He flips you off! LOL

04-17-2006 10:59 PM
    No, no one has paid for a "talking Baboon" we just took him for a ride and seen how far he would go with this!
    We asked for a picture (which he sent a picture of a capuchin monkey) and a voice recording of the Baboon (which he never did)
    And he got really mad when we told him that we have recorded all his e-mails and phone numbers and posted them on my website

Quote Originally Posted by adr_com2
    No, no one has paid for a "talking Baboon" we just took him for a ride and seen how far he would go with this!
    We asked for a picture (which he sent a picture of a capuchin monkey) and a voice recording of the Baboon (which he never did)
    And he got really mad when we told him that we have recorded all his e-mails and phone numbers and posted them on my website
    Hahaha, yeah, I know, was just giving you a hard time. Hahahah, thats really funny though. Who in their right mind would try to sell a talking baboon? Hahaha, it still makes me laugh!

i just cant see where someone would accually pay for a pet that they have never even seen. specially one from another country.

I'd pay for a baby dinosaur!

Well, I think the reason for purchasing parrot eggs is because people really do sell parrot eggs at a discounted price. And as for buying a pet without even looking at it...... 1st the scammers always send a picture of the pet you are buying (of course the picture is stolen) 2nd some parrots are very expensive and always look for a good deal, Hyacinth Macaws are $12,000.00 each, Black Palm Cockatoos are $18,000.00 each, a Gang Gang Cockatoo (even though it is butt ugly) sells for $24,000.00 and a Lears Macaw (if you can find one for sale, there are only 150 or so in captivity and about 100 in the wild) sells for a minimum of $125,000.00!
    So when people see Hyacinth Macaws for 2,000.00 the first thing that they see is the price and forget that its to good to be true.
    As for wanting a baby dinosaur, just contact one of these scammers, I'm sure they would be more than willing to go back in time and get one for you at a price, just remember that time travel is very expensive so expect to pay at least $200.00 for it, lol! :)
    Last edited by adr_com2; 05-02-2006 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Just want to let everyone out there know not to by parrot eggs IT'S A SCAM!!!
    I was one of the ones who tried to buy eggs just 2 days ago. She was good had all the answers had a web site set up to let you think you were tracking your eggs from the airport and everything only to wait and wait and wait and nothing ever came. She was quick to answer all my e-mails untill she received her money and then that was it. I sent money through Western Union and it ened up going to Camaroon. The people at Western Union said that was one of the top scaming places. They also told me that I could report it a fraud through them and then gave me a web site IC3.gov.com to report internet fraud. Will probably never see the money again, but at least I reported it. The person who scamed me for the money is: Liza Tinne [email protected] and the pet transport is Cam Pet Express [email protected] If you work hard for you money like I do DO NOT USE THEM YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN!!!!!!

Well, a number of things set me off that this was indeed a scam from CraigsList posting. But just to keep it short, heres a copy of the final email as to where to send the money and all for live parrots. Notice the "Employee" of Cameroon Airlines email addy (free email for an airline) and I don't even believe (per my very short research) that Cameroon Airlines is even in business any more.

CAMEROON ANIMALS TRANSFER ARGENT
    (CAMEROON AIRLINES)
    DEAR SIR/MADAME,
    IT'S OUR PLEASURE TO WRITE TO YOU TO CONFIRM THE REGISTRATION OF TWO AFRICAN GREY PARROTS,FILE IN FOR REGISTRATION BY Mr.RAMSES MBUN
    BEARING THE ADDRESS

NAME:RAMSES MBUN
    ADDRESS:APT # 306 CHURCH STREET ,
    CITY:VICTORIA
    STATE/PROVINCE:SOUTH WEST PROVINCE
    ZIP CODE:237
    EMAIL:[email protected]

WE NEED YOU TO CONFIRM THAT THE RECEIVERS INFORMATION BELLOW IS CORRECT

NAME:KEVIN

AS SOON AS YOU CONFIRM THAT THE BIRDS ARE TO BE SHIPPED TO YOU AND THE SHIPPING FEE($300) PAID,THE BIRDS WILL BE SHIPPED WITH THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT AND THE FLIGHT DETAILS WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU.YOU WILL NEED YOUR ID OR DRIVERS LICENSE AND THE FLIGHT DETAIL GIVEN TO YOU BEFORE THE BIRDS CAN BE HANDED TO YOU.SO YOU SHOULD CONFIRM THE REGISTRATION .
    IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT US DO NOT HESITATE TO E-MAIL US YOUR INFORMATION.
    WELL INTEGRITY CUSTOMER IS OUR PRIORITY.

NB:THE LEVIED FEE SHOULD BE PAID ONLY THROUGH WESTERN UNION WHICH IS IN OUR AIRLINE.THIS IS THE ADDRESS USED FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE FEE LEVIED TO YOU

BANK:WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
    ZIP CODE:00237
    NAME:ASANYA DANIEL
    CITY:VICTORIA
    STATE/PROVINCE:SOUTH WEST
    TEST QUESTION:WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
    ANSWER:BASILE

JUST EMAIL US THE PAYMENT DETAILS AND THE MTCN ONCE YOU HAVE PAID THE MONEY.

MANAGEMENT.
    CAMEROON AIRLINES
    BP 4076
    VICTORIA.
    CAMEROON(AIRLINE)
    email:[email protected]

-----------This email is license under the copy right (c) of the CAMEROON AIRLINES and it is confidential . If you have received this mail as an error from the service of Victoria airways and may be as a mistake,report to the customer service by E-mailing [email protected]. Any misuse of this information shall be penalized if caught by the federal bureau of jurisdiction. ----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you work at the Airport?
    http://www.AirportEmail.com

100s of FREE email addresses --->
    http://www.UltimateEmail.com

My mom almost got caught with this, for a Yorkshire Terrier.

She told me she had found one real cheap, etc...

So I asked where from, she said Africa.
    I said do not send them money!
    I told her to ask how the dog would be shipped and such, and she never got answers back at that point...

So anyways, watch out!
    My blog - Sick and tired of people making others pay for information you can get free... Download 4 free ebooks on my page, no email asked or anything...

Good read - Information on different scams, not reviews, just info.

Another great forum - It'll help you with your affiliate marketing, and of course, it is free!

The following is a scam I almost fell victim to, there was an add in the pennysaver for husky pups so i emailed the people and this is what they emailed me back sent from [email protected]-----Hi there ,
    i have two adorable husky puppies.the puppies are home raised , potty trained , well socialized with kids and also get along perfectly with other house pets . they are pure breed husky puppies and are both AKC registered. their weight for the male is 4.1lbs and the female is 4.5lbs and they will be approximately 76lbs when fully grown. they are updated on all their shots and will come along with a year health guarantee each.they love to be carried around and cuddled and full of caressing and kisses because they are still pups.

The reason i am giving them out is because they formerly belonged to my only daughter but she died just some few weeks back in a car accident when she was coming back from school. so i don't like see them around me
    anymore because they drive me to think of my daughter's dead that is why i will like to give them out to a good animal loving home .they really need a home where they will be provided with all the love, care and attention they are being deprived of here.i am not selling the puppies. i just want a good animal loving home for them . hope you understand. all you are required to pay is just the shipping of the puppy to your location .

i am located in Anchorage,AK and i am willing to have the puppies of shipped to your location.so , i will like to know the following from you :
    where are you located ? state , city ?
    have you ever owned a puppy before ?
    do you have kids or anyone that can always keep the puppy(s) company?
    how soon do you want the puppy(s)
    do you want both puppies or just one and if one , then what sex ?
    you have to promise me to take very good care of the puppy and send me photos regularly so that i can see how the puppy is growing up with you .

I have a very good animal delivery agency here that delivers animals nationwide and they are very experienced . all you are required to pay to have any of the puppy is just their shipping fee .

The cost of shipping one puppy is $150 and the cost of shipping the two puppies is $300 .

i have attached some of their recent photos with this mail . the male puppy is called Riky and the female is Suzy.

expecting your response soon.

have a nice day,
    THEN THEY HAD A [email protected]
    EMAIL ME BACK ASKING ME TO SEND 150.00 VIA WESTERN UNION TO DOUALA,CAMEROON, WHEN I ASKED THEM IF I COULD USE PAYPAL, THEY SAID NO AND ASKED ME TO USE MONEYGRAM THATS WHEN I KNEW IT WAS A LIE.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF SICK PEOPLE COULD STATE THAT THERE DAUGHTER DIED!!!!!!!!! JUST TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!!
    :zx11pissed: