+ Reply to Thread

Is Rainy Day foundation a scam ?

My neighbor got that policy when refinancing his house on paper it states that they will assist you with your mortgage if you loose your job within 2 years of closing on the loan.My friend lost his job a few months ago and they kept giving him the run around from signing a bunch of paper works to asking him when is he going to get a new job after everyt job interviews that he has been to.Finally the denied him benefits because according to them it is going to be o long term burden than when he was able to prove that he may get a job they told him that to disregard the 2 years policy on the paer signed but it is instead 1 year so therefore he is not eligible keep in mind that they told him that he was not approved after he got 2 months behind.If you gop their site you'll notice that they are the ones that are saying that you should never be late on your mortgage.I am getting ready to buy my first house and this policy is offered to me therefore I want to hear from other people fist before I deal with these crooks.

Re: Is Rainy Day foundation a scam ?

I looked it up and it seems pretty legit. I found mostly news articles writing about and didn't see anything negative. Although it does say it's a non-profit organization. So I would think they need to be very choosy and give help to the people who need it the most. If I were you I would just make sure to read their terms very carefully and if you're still worried have an attorney read it over with you if you can.

-Danielle

Ya, the program is garbage. I need help because of a planned surgery is needing a longer recovery then expected. I have not lost my job I had money to support the time off. Rainy Day said they would be here if I needed them but we needed to wait and see how the rocovery goes. I was sure they would be there if I needed them. Now I do and they won't help until I actually can't make payment and have missed one. I have a budget I know what I need and know when I will be short. At this time they are two months behind in applications, which will actually put me 3 months behind when I am in need but they can't help if you are 3 months or more behind. Garbage, Garbage, Garbage..... Pure Scam.

Well, I think they are a scam! I was forced to pay for this service in my closing costs. Several hundred dollars. I lost my job 2 mos ago and they referred me to an insurance company who turned me down because they said I knew my job would end when I took it! (Although I was told the job was contract to hire, I was not hired for the position but was let go after contract period ended.) Then Rainy Day Foundation said they could help me and had me fax over 100 pages of documentation to them. I have money in the bank, but not enough to make mortgage payment and money is earmarked for medicine, gas, groceries and utilities...and still not enough for mortgage payment much less everything else. I have sent out 300 resumes in the past 2 mos and have had 2 job interviews and still don't have a job yet. Not only did Rainy Day Foundation turn me down for assistance even after all this, but the lady sent me a copy of her email that she wrote to her director stating "this lady is OUT there" referring to me, because "she has money in the bank"! I was livid! I guess you have to be destitute and on welfare to get assistance from these people and from what I have read, even then, they still don't or won't help. I will figure out something...who needs them! I want my $800 back that I was forced to pay for this crap at my closing! What a total farce! No wonder our country is in such a financial mess! Our tax dollars are paying for this organization in Wash DC! I am going to try to find out who I can send this email to...to show them how these people treated me.

Hi, I am [email protected]. I will be laid off in another month and I have Rainy Day Insurance. During one of their calls I informed them of this. I will be employed for two years next month. I have received the application or packet in the mail. I am currently looking for another job before next month, Jan. We will see if they honor their agreement.

guru520
    Tucson, AZ

Eric Smith is offline Instant Life Insurance Quotes at YourLifeSolution.com

Private unemployment insurance is rarely a good deal.