+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this a scam?

Is this a scam?

has anyone gotten a letter from this guy named Edward Clooney. I googled everything on the letter and i checked the usually places you would find complaints e.g. ripoffreports.com and other places. normally i would have thrown this out but I can't seem to find any bad stuff about it on the web. They provided an address and customer service number hear they are the address is 535 Griswold Street suite 111-242 Detroit, MI 48226 and the customer service number is 1-866-476-1235.

Anyway I called the number and asked if this was a scam she said no. I asked if Edward Clooney was a real person. She said yes. I even called later pretending to be an angry customer who wanted their money back and she was very understanding and simply asked me for my order number which of course i didn't have because i haven't ordered it. but the point is if i did order it i could get my money back.

So i am asking if anyone else has gotten this letter From Edward Clooney and ordered it and if that person has had any success with it or if you think it is just garbage or doesn't work.

Re: Is this a scam?

lets see, apparently, he wants your money. you don't know him or his company or what they do, or why he wrote to you. sounds like you have all the information you need.

searching for the phone number, looks like snake oil business.

Has anyone heard of The Fat Drain R or The F... - Weight ...51 posts - 36 authors - Last post: Mar 18, 2008
    Deb- I'm thinking of trying this but wanted to ask some questions, so I called the only number I found on them(1-866-476-1235). ...
    www.revolutionhealth.com/forums/weight.../100120 - Cached - Similar
    Previous version: Deb- I'm thinking of trying this but wanted to ...Deb- I'm thinking of trying this but wanted to ask some questions, so I called the only number I found on them(1-866-476-1235). This is just an order taking ...
    http://www.revolutionhealth.com/foru.../get.../225715 - Cached - Similar
    More results from www.revolutionhealth.com
    (866) 476-1235 / 8664761235Got a call from 866-476-1235/8664761235? didn't answer phone.
    800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-476-1235 - Cached - Similar
    Reported numbers in 1-866 area codePhone Number 866-476-1235 / 8664761235 | 1 post(s). 866-867-2006. I gotta phone call from this number several times, too. I wish there was a way to block ...
    800notes.com/AreaCode.aspx/1-866 - Cached - Similar
    More results from 800notes.com
    Rip-off Report: Ultra LipoSlim I recieved a advertisement in the ...Phone: 866-476-1235. Fax: 215 S. Broadway #323. Salem, New Hampshire, 03079 U.S.A.. Submitted: 9/2/2007 7:20:50 AM. Modified: 9/2/2007 7:21:00 AM ...

Show map of 215 S Broadway, Salem, NH 03079

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0271899.htm - Cached - Similar
    Rip-off Report: Ultra Liposlim my mother and i got an ...Phone: 866-476 1235. Fax: 232 North Broadway B1072 Salem, New Hampshire, 03079 U.S.A.. Submitted: 4/24/2008 11:29:51 AM. Modified: 4/24/2008 11:30:00 AM ...
    www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=328608 - Cached - Similar
    More results from www.ripoffreport.com
    Again I recieved an offer called ULTRA LIPOSLIM anyone tried it ...Phone #1 866 476 1235, There are people you can talk to, Report Abuse. * You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register. ...
    uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid... - Cached - Similar
    BBB Review of R M C C Agencies in Worcester, MAAdditional Phone Numbers. Tel: (866) 476-1235. Back to top. Customer Complaint History for R M C C Agencies. When considering complaint information, ...
    http://www.bbb.org/.../r-m-c-c-agenc...ster-ma-101401 - Cached - Similar
    Olympic Distribution Center - Weight Control Services - Better ...Phone: (866) 476-1235. Address: 1769 St Laurent Blvd, Suite 101. Gloucester, ON K1G 5X7. File Open Date: June 1997. TOB Classification: Weight Control ...
    http://www.bbb.org/.../olympic-distr...ester-on-11382 - Cached - Similar
    Re: THE Fat DrainRThe number is 1-866-476-1235. I received the same flyer and was thinking about ordering it. Sounds too good to be true. If you receive it and take it, ...
    http://www.lamasbeauty.com/talk/weig...ges/29826.html - Cached - Similar
    Last edited by mumbles; 07-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...off0328608.htm

is that the product? there could be lots of products sold thru same toll free number.

yeah as i said before normally i won't be interested in this but i have not found anything bad about on the web. kind of strange i can usually find someone on the web who has had a bad experience with something like this within a couple of minutes and then i would throw it away but i haven't so far. I will keep checking. the worst that could happen (if i decide to buy it) is i would not make any money with his book.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...off0328608.htm

is that the product? there could be lots of products sold thru same toll free number.
    no that's not the product but thank you for responding to my post. man you are quick. anyway the product is a book called My Road to Prosperity if that helps.

Well I guess i will just have to bite the bullet and purchase the product if it turns out to be a scam or something oh well i will ask for my $67 back i hope it's not a scam and it does work. i will send them the check in the mail this week. if it turns out to be a scam or junk i will come back and warn others not to waste their time and money.

$67 is alot for a book. get a library card.

yeah i agree $67 is a lot for a book but oh well if i does not work out i will ask for a refund minus shipping and handling of course lol

hey scambuster69 i sent you a private message answering your questions and I also e-mailed you just so you know.

Hey guys,

I've been looking for info on this too. The only other info i have found is this thread:
    http://yedda.com/questions/INcome_op...95690137001116

My guess it is too new to have any info on that's good or bad and we are the test group. I've tried all the usual places: ripoffreport.com, complainstboard.com, and programcritique.com. Usually I am hesitant to order, especially if there is no web address to find more, but the letter does seem like a guy that doesn't really want to let this thing get too big (You are sworn to secrecy and can only order one copy!), indicating this is not his only way of making money. Then again, that could be the marketing tactic.

Joker, good idea calling as an angry customer. That boosted my confidence in them a little.

l23b is offline professional blogger and auctioneer /designer User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    yeah i agree $67 is a lot for a book but oh well if i does not work out i will ask for a refund minus shipping and handling of course lol

i bet you any dollar or even in any currency that its just a plr book or a rebranded sales books (if thats a ebook i presume you mean he is offering)that you could get the same book or ebook for 7 dollars or pehaps free if you look at 7dollarssite.cm (note to scam mods:letters is missing as i am not promotion or a affilate for this site.

or like mumbles says get a library card.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

hey joker i also sent you an email wanting more info on this guy. I got a letter to the other day.

As promised I will let everyone know if it is worth buying or not. And if it works I will let you know where the income comes from and what the method is.

Hey ml5320 I sent you a private message back if you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Okay Joker, here it is October 5th.
    What happened to you? I thought you
    were gonna keep us informed on this...I got the letter today.
    Maybe you found out that it works, eh?

He did tell us. See http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=119219

It's a $67 book about selling firewood.

Quote Originally Posted by kasey49 View Post
    Okay Joker, here it is October 5th.
    What happened to you? I thought you
    were gonna keep us informed on this...I got the letter today.
    Maybe you found out that it works, eh?
    Yeah sorry I thought I posted that this was a scam somewhere on this forum. I am sorry that you didn't see It. I have not purchased it but I have kept in contact with some people who have ordered it and they basically told me that it was a scam. And my advice to you is not to order it. I know the Edward Clooney letter really grabs you emotionally and you really beleive it to be true especially if you can't find anything bad about it on the net. But it is a scam basically he just tells you to go and do garge salls and sell firewood and that is supposed to make you at least 5,000 dollars a month. yeah right!

Don't buy it
    I have found a legit way to make money online if you can believe it. After much researching I have found a winner. It's called Internet Marketing or Affiliate Marketing.If anyone is interested send me a PM. I will send you the info and not try to take your money.

Or maybe I will just post the url on this forum. I am honestly a little hesitant to do so because i know a lot of SCAM.com Member have really strong feelings about this kind of stuff.

But if anyone wants to vent because they can here is the link:http://commissionritual.com/

Doesn't Brian Johnson look great he is my teacher I am inside the CR inner circle and look forward to seeing anyone who wants to join inside.

I am not making any money by that link up there BTW it is not an affiliate link
    but don't take my word for it sign up and see or just Google get commission Ritual