+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 28

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery

    There is no "scientific consensus," as global warming advocates often claim. Nor is consensus important to science. Galileo may have been the only man of his day who believed the earth revolved around the sun, but he was right! - page 6

    ...elegant research, done by unimpeachable scientists... ... solar variability is now the leading hypothesis to explain the roughly 1,500-year oscillation of the climate seen since the last ice age... [Science, November 16, 2001] - page 8

    First, CO2 changes do not account for the highly variable climate...

    Second, the Greenhouse Theory does not explain recent temperature changes.

    Third, ... the early and supposedly most powerful increases in atmospheric CO2 have not produced the frightening planetary overheating...

    Fourth, .. we must discount the "official" temperature record to reflect the increased size and intensity of today's urban heat islands, where most of the official thermometers are located.

    Fifth, ... theory says that CO2 will warm the lower atmosphere first... and then the surface. This is not happening.

    Sixth, CO2 for at least 240,000 years has been a lagging indicator (about 800 years) of global warming, not a causal factor.

    Seventh, Greenhouse Theory predicts that CO2-driven warming of the Earth's surface will start, and be strongest, in the North and South polar regions. This is not happening either. - page 9, 10

    However, CO2 has been a lagging indicator, its concentrations rising about eight hundred years after the temperatures warm. This is additional evidence that CO2 is not the forcing agent in recent global climate changes. - page 36

    The IPCC has in fact been harshly criticized for its handling of sea level issues by the International Union for Quaternary Research...... [IPCC] ignored the scientists who produced most of the data and observations in sea level science, substituting unverified model results instead.
    Nils Axel Morner... says, "This is nothing but falsification of scientific observational facts." - page 46

    The IPCC's defenders claim that the crucial chapter 8 of the panel's 1996 report was based on 130 peer-reviewed science studies. Actually, the chapter was based mainly on two research papers by its lead author, Ben Santer, of the U.S. government's Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Neither of the Santer papers had been published at the time the chapter was under review and had not been subject to peer review.
    ... both the Santer papers shared the same defect as the IPCC's chapter 8: Their "linear upward trend" occurs only from 1943 to 1970. In fact, the IPCC report itself documented the reality that the human-made warming claim was false. - page 62

    In their exchanges with the Mann research team, McIntyre and McKitrick learned that the Mann studies give by far the heaviest twentieth-century weight in their study to the tree ring data from fourteen sites in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... a strong growth spurt after 1900.
    Here, finally, is the true depth of the Mann team's misrepresentation. ... It was titled: "Detecting the Aerial Fertilization Effect of Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment in Tree Ring Chronologies." Graybill and Idso specifically pointed out in their study that neither local nor regional temperature changes could account for the twentieth century growth spurt in those already-mature trees.
    Mann and his coauthors could hardly have escaped knowing the CO2 reality, since it was clearly presented in the title of the study from which they derived their most heavily weighted data sites. - page 70

    BACK PAGE: S. Fred Singer is an internationally known climate physicist and professor emeritus of environmental science at the University of Virginia and Distinguished Research Professor at George Mason University

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    "Global Warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life." - Emeritus professor of physics at UC Santa Barbara, in resigning from the American Physical Society

    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...-my-long-life/
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery

    There is no "scientific consensus," as global warming advocates often claim. Nor is consensus important to science. Galileo may have been the only man of his day who believed the earth r*****ed around the sun, but he was right! - page 6
    No "Scientific Consensus" about what? Global Warming or AGW? Quote-mine better next time.

    ...elegant research, done by unimpeachable scientists... ... solar variability is now the leading hypothesis to explain the roughly 1,500-year oscillation of the climate seen since the last ice age... [Science, November 16, 2001] - page 8
    Which in no way rebukes the concept that CO2 affects the Earth's climate.


    First, CO2 changes do not account for the highly variable climate...
    Such an inference cannot be made by what you have quoted above

    Second, the Greenhouse Theory does not explain recent temperature changes.
    ***

    Third, ... the early and supposedly most powerful increases in atmospheric CO2 have not produced the frightening planetary overheating...
    ***

    Fourth, .. we must discount the "official" temperature record to reflect the increased size and intensity of today's urban heat islands, where most of the official thermometers are located.
    Um... why?

    Fifth, ... theory says that CO2 will warm the lower atmosphere first... and then the surface. This is not happening.
    To my admittedly limited knowledge on the subject; this particular detail is not important.

    Sixth, CO2 for at least 240,000 years has been a lagging indicator (about 800 years) of global warming, not a causal factor.
    That's because the oceans absorb a huge proportion of the CO2 (which is itself a HUGE problem) and then release it slowly on a time delay. This does not mean that CO2 is NOT a causal factor.

    Seventh, Greenhouse Theory predicts that CO2-driven warming of the Earth's surface will start, and be strongest, in the North and South polar regions. This is not happening either. - page 9, 10
    Again, not important.

    However, CO2 has been a lagging indicator, its concentrations rising about eight hundred years after the temperatures warm. This is additional evidence that CO2 is not the forcing agent in recent global climate changes. - page 36
    You already posted that

    The IPCC has in fact been harshly criticized for its handling of sea level issues by the International Union for Quaternary Research...... [IPCC] ignored the scientists who produced most of the data and observations in sea level science, substituting unverified model results instead.
    Nils Axel Morner... says, "This is nothing but falsification of scientific observational facts." - page 46
    A little behind the curve there...

    The IPCC's defenders claim that the crucial chapter 8 of the panel's 1996 report was based on 130 peer-reviewed science studies. Actually, the chapter was based mainly on two research papers by its lead author, Ben Santer, of the U.S. government's Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Neither of the Santer papers had been published at the time the chapter was under review and had not been subject to peer review.
    ... both the Santer papers shared the same defect as the IPCC's chapter 8: Their "linear upward trend" occurs only from 1943 to 1970. In fact, the IPCC report itself documented the reality that the human-made warming claim was false. - page 62
    Post a link to that please.

    In their exchanges with the Mann research team, McIntyre and McKitrick learned that the Mann studies give by far the heaviest twentieth-century weight in their study to the tree ring data from fourteen sites in California's Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... a strong growth spurt after 1900.
    Here, finally, is the true depth of the Mann team's misrepresentation. ... It was titled: "Detecting the Aerial Fertilization Effect of Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment in Tree Ring Chronologies." Graybill and Idso specifically pointed out in their study that neither local nor regional temperature changes could account for the twentieth century growth spurt in those already-mature trees.
    Mann and his coauthors could hardly have escaped knowing the CO2 reality, since it was clearly presented in the title of the study from which they derived their most heavily weighted data sites. - page 70
    First of all, McIntyre and McKitrick may not be the best people in the world to cite. Especially considering that one is a mathematician and the other is an economist, NOT climatologists.
    Second; ecology being what it is I find it hard to imagine that anyone would try to use tree-ring data as a primary argument for AGW. If they were, then they're stupid.

    BACK PAGE: S. Fred Singer is an internationally known climate physicist and professor emeritus of environmental science at the University of Virginia and Distinguished Research Professor at George Mason University [/QUOTE]

    Oh, and welcome back. I suggest you unblock everyone if you haven't done so already.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    "Global Warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life." - Emeritus professor of physics at UC Santa Barbara, in resigning from the American Physical Society

    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...-my-long-life/
    First:



    Second; the physics professor cites the ClimateGate e-mails, which amounted to absolutely nothing but tabloid hysteria for people who don't know anything about anything. It's a shame that a physicist didn't realize this.




    Also, why are you citing a physicist on Global Warming? Yeah its relevant... but not really. Kind of like how dentistry and proctology are somewhat related, only they really aren't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,234

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Kind of like how dentistry and proctology are somewhat related, only they really aren't.
    Well, a orifice is a orifice. yb:
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    I wonder if barrack will remember why he left this forum in the first place.

    It make take him awhile to remember that he placed every single person who ever disagreed with him on ignore creating a pretty boring discussion

    I give him 2 weeks to remember that little fact and another 2 till he gets bored listening to himself.


    If he should actually un-ignore who's going to take the bet that he continues to comment on spelling and calls everyone a Marxist.

    Any takers on the above prediction?:spin2:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    He left this forum in the first place because I banned him for two days to remove a moderator from his block list (which you're not even supposed to be able to do anyway).

    Leu and behold he's back and the moderator (me) is still blocked. He has two days to rectify the problem before I temp ban him again, after which we probably won't see him for another eight months.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    He left this forum in the first place because I banned him for two days to remove a moderator from his block list (which you're not even supposed to be able to do anyway).

    Leu and behold he's back and the moderator (me) is still blocked. He has two days to rectify the problem before I temp ban him again, after which we probably won't see him for another eight months.
    Please don't block him. He's so much fun .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Please don't block him. He's so much fun .
    Hmm... (scratches chin), that is true, but what fun is it if he can't see what anyone is writing?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    550

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero
    "Global Warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life." - Emeritus professor of physics at UC Santa Barbara, in resigning from the American Physical Society

    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...-my-long-life/
    From the American Physical Society:

    APS Comments on Harold Lewis’ Resignation of his Society Membership

    WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a recent letter to the American Physical Society (APS) President Curtis A. Callan, chair of the Princeton University Physics Department, Harold Lewis, emeritus physics professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara, announced that he was resigning his APS membership.

    In response to numerous accusations in the letter, APS issues the following statement:

    There is no truth to Dr. Lewis’ assertion that APS policy statements are driven by financial gain. To the contrary, as a membership organization of more than 48,000 physicists, APS adheres to rigorous ethical standards in developing its statements. The Society is open to review of its statements if members petition the APS Council – the Society’s democratically elected governing body – to do so.

    Dr. Lewis’ specific charge that APS as an organization is benefitting financially from climate change f.unding is equally false. Neither the operating officers nor the elected leaders of the Society have a monetary stake in such f.unding. Moreover, relatively few APS members conduct climate change research, and therefore the vast majority of the Society’s members derive no personal benefit from such research support.

    On the matter of global climate change, APS notes that virtually all reputable scientists agree with the following observations:

    •Carbon dioxide is increasing in the atmosphere due to human activity;
    •Carbon dioxide is an excellent infrared absorber, and therefore, its increasing presence in the atmosphere contributes to global warming; and
    •The dwell time of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is hundreds of years

    On these matters, APS judges the science to be quite clear. However, APS continues to recognize that climate models are far from adequate, and the extent of global warming and climatic disruptions produced by sustained increases in atmospheric carbon loading remain uncertain. In light of the significant settled aspects of the science, APS totally rejects Dr. Lewis’ claim that global warming is a “scam” and a “pseudoscientific fraud.”


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stow, OH SOL III
    Posts
    3,234

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    He left this forum in the first place because I banned him for two days to remove a moderator from his block list (which you're not even supposed to be able to do anyway).

    Leu and behold he's back and the moderator (me) is still blocked. He has two days to rectify the problem before I temp ban him again, after which we probably won't see him for another eight months.
    Oddly enough when I try to add you to my ignore list I get this;

    Photobucket

    So, either it's some quirk with the board and is due to him having you on ignore before you were a MOD.

    Or he's just lying.

    But, if you get a LASER! Fun, fun!!

    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
    ...
    So, either it's some quirk with the board and is due to him having you on ignore before you were a MOD...

    That's exactly what happened. Apparently this little issue isn't yet obvious enough to him. Or he left already; there's been no sign of activity from him.

    Nevermind, I'm just going to post rebuttals straight onto his posts.
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 10-26-2010 at 04:57 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    "Climate models ARE FAR FROM ADEQUATE" but it's all so very true anyway.

    Consider the systematic fabrication of global temperature increases.

    Meteorologist Alan Watts maintains a website which documents 1,003 of the 1,221 U.S. measuring stations. Eighty-nine percent (89%) of them fail to meet the National Weather Service's own siting requirements.

    A brief glance at the first page of his website will show you all you need to know about this facet of the Big Lie of "Climate Change":

    http://SurfaceStations.org

    BlueCrabofPain, you are on my Ignore List for good cause, for continuing to stalk me and blather relentlessly, as you have always always done.
    Do not send me any more private messages. I do not wish to hear from you, publicly or privately.

    Moderator(s), please delete his message from my inbox, and block all future messages from him to me.
    Last edited by BarackZero; 10-26-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    A brief glance at the first page of his website will show you all you need to know about this facet of the Big Lie of "Climate Change":

    http://SurfaceStations.org
    Yeah, because polar ice caps are supposed to melt when the Earth is COOLING, right? You have made the fatal mistake of trying to disprove global climate change altogether instead of attacking just AGW. In fact, this latest post of yours is in direct conflict with the OP you started this thread with.
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 10-26-2010 at 04:40 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    "Climate models ARE FAR FROM ADEQUATE" but it's all so very true anyway.

    Consider the systematic fabrication of global temperature increases.

    Meteorologist Alan Watts maintains a website which documents 1,003 of the 1,221 U.S. measuring stations. Eighty-nine percent (89%) of them fail to meet the National Weather Service's own siting requirements.

    A brief glance at the first page of his website will show you all you need to know about this facet of the Big Lie of "Climate Change":

    http://SurfaceStations.org
    The breathtaking hypocrisy of global warming fearmongers is evident from their long list of conferences attended usually at somebody else's expense, often taxpayers.


    http://www.conferencealerts.com/environment.htm

    IF global warming were as bad as they all preach, why don't they videoconference?

    What will be the result of cutting back carbon dioxide usage 80% by 2050?

    [Afternote: Some coward with special privileges modified my post AFTER I wrote it by replacing "carbon dioxide" with "*******". I wonder who it could be.]

    Permanent worldwide depression of unprecedented catastrophic proportion, and all for a miniscule few parts per MILLION of carbon dioxide.

    Note this Scary Graph:



    Now please note how the Scary Graph changes when the base is included to show the anthropogenic (man-made) part of carbon dioxide.

    Just extend this newly expanded Scary Graph upward 60 times as large as it is below. 60 x 380 ppm = 22,800 ppm, which is roughly the concentration of water vapor in the atmosphere. Water vapor is also a greenhouse gas, and one that extremist fearmongers on the left prefer to downplay, dismiss, and otherwise ignore with scientific pretense.

    Last edited by BarackZero; 10-30-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1500 Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    The breathtaking hypocrisy of global warming fearmongers is evident from their long list of conferences attended usually at somebody else's expense, often taxpayers.


    http://www.conferencealerts.com/environment.htm

    IF global warming were as bad as they all preach, why don't they videoconference?
    Hypocritical? Yes. Disproves Global Warming? No. NEXT!

    What will be the result of cutting back ****** usage 80% by 2050?

    Permanent worldwide depression of unprecedented catastrophic proportion, and all for a miniscule few parts per MILLION of carbon dioxide.

    The Scary Graph spans 70 PARTS PER MILLION, and 70 ppm is .00007.
    And 2ppm, or 0.000002 arsenic is carcinogenic. Your point is?

Similar Threads

  1. Global Warming - Global Madness
    By mumbles in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-02-2016, 08:00 PM
  2. Bet They Believe in Global Warming Too
    By conserv4ever in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 12:17 PM
  3. Is Global warming Really the Cause?!?
    By spanky in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 07:17 PM
  4. Global P.ower Elite Back Away from Global Warming
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
  5. The end of Global Warming
    By Worried_in_the_USA in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •