+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Who knows HEIR and/or Canyon Acquisitions?

All you smart (burned?) investors...
    does anyone know something about HEIR and/or Canyon Acquisitions? HEIR was apparently founded by a Pastor who wants to combat climbing divorce rates fuled by financial struggles. I have not signed up with either of these companies, but have been told by one of the HEIR reps that, investing with Canyon would allow me to pay off my mortgage in no-time. (Hmmm...)
    Canyon offers mega, MEGA returns on investments in the Dom. Rep.
    What's THE truth? Anyone know???

Re: Who knows HEIR and/or Canyon Acquisitions?

sounds like you pay something in that helps your upline pay off their mortgage, and then you recruit others, your downline, that help you pay yours?

Pyramid scheme. Popping up all over. Here's a thread on a similar scheme recently busted in DC Metro Dream Homes

I have recently become involved with HEIR and Canyon Acquisitions, and I can tell you that what they are involved in is neither a scam nor a pyramid scheme. There are no uplines, downlines, or recruitment drives, and the only thing they have in common with Metro Dream Homes is that people often use their home equity to fuel their investments (I, however, do not, and have not been told that I should do so by anyone in either organization).

Your information was correct, Truthlover. However, the reason why it can be difficult to find more information about HEIR and Canyon online is that investors are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement before they get involved (also not something that pyramid schemes encourage). As I myself have signed such an agreement, I can't offer a lot of details.

What I will say is that the investments involve development property in the Caribbean, and that all of the investments are backed by hard assets. As an investor, you are also encouraged to visit the development properties yourself and speak to everyone involved in the projects, from the banks to the developer to the construction companies. We know many people who have done so, and they have nothing but good things to say about these projects.

The best thing you can do is speak to someone from HEIR for yourself. If they are anything like the HEIR people I myself have spoken to, they will go out of their way to be as transparent as they can with you about their business practices and investment strategies.

Welcome to scam.com dcprime. :)

You are correct that HEIR (Home Equity Investment Rewards) and Canyon Acquisitions are not like Metro Dream homes, but they seem to share a few agents in common with Impact Networth/ Networth Solutions.

Post #900 in that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Raven View Post
    John Thomson, formerly of Impact America, Impact Net Worth, Net Worth Solutions, and now LIFE, introduced me (and two of my clients) to an investment opportunity with Canyon Acquisitions. After reviewing the investment contracts and speaking with the principals from Canyon Acquisitions, we all decided not to proceed with any investments with Canyon Acquisitions. My only advice: READ THE CONTRACTS VERY CLOSELY.
    Now that just might be one bad agent who was involved in a past Caribbean development scam and now sells for Brent Borland's Canyon Acquisitions. Or it could be be a sign that more due diligence is required.

However, the reason why it can be difficult to find more information about HEIR and Canyon online is that investors are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement before they get involved (also not something that pyramid schemes encourage).
    Actually it isn't that uncommon for frauds of many types to compel some types of secrecy in their members. It's to the point where when I see something like "private membership association" connected with an investment opportunity my ears perk up a bit.

Today is Sunday and I root for a very poor football team. This requires me to drink before, during and after games so I don't see myself contributing much more today. But one last point:

The best thing you can do is speak to someone from HEIR for yourself. If they are anything like the HEIR people I myself have spoken to, they will go out of their way to be as transparent as they can with you about their business practices and investment strategies.
    Agreed, but before you sign ANYTHING take all the papers they give you to a real estate attorney with absolutely no connection to HEIR/Canyon and pay them to review everything.

be leary of the HEIR connection.... canyon seems to be solid... HEIR however makes promises they can't keep!!! the founder always brags about having nice cars, but recently had to sell them to cover payroll! they are currently being investigated by the securities commission and are not allowed to sell in Ontario... founder is also deceiving people into what is really going on.

Hi eyeswideopenus,

I know that your post is now many months old, but if you're still participating in this forum, could you direct me to the source of your information about HEIR and Archie Robertson? I know several people who are involved with HEIR, and have never heard anything about these things you are mentioning. Just want to follow up with my own due diligence to make sure your information is reputable.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
    Pyramid scheme. Popping up all over. Here's a thread on a similar scheme recently busted in DC Metro Dream Homes
    On my own opinion everything that envolve Pyramid scheme is a scam.

I agree that pyramid schemes are scams, but Canyon and HEIR are not Pyramids! There is no upline/downline, no recruiting, and no products to buy/sell. HEIR is a club that introduces you to investment opportunities, and Canyon is a boutique real estate company.

The person you are quoting has no idea about Canyon or HEIR - they are only making assumptions based on zero research.

i'm a former insider with one of these companies. HEIR is most certainly a pseudo-pyramid, at least. they do recruit their members to sell product and those members are compensated when people join. it's a little less explicit though. it is the type of group the OSC is warning people against. the salespeople are financial failures looking to get rich quick, with no previous professional success. they don't understand the financial world at all.

Canyon's DR project has failed and they are now trying to settle with the developer. they pay investors money monthly on an asset that has no income... where do those dollars come from, if not from new investors? that's a ponzi. they will wow you with their presentations but there is no substance and no security. you are dealing with a developer in a third world country, and the legal structure ensures you have no recourse if things go sideways.

Hi tttt,

Regarding HEIR, can you tell us which product they are selling? In my (limited) experience with them, all they were doing was recommending investment opportunities, while encouraging members to conduct their own due diligence. Further, I went to the Ontario Securities Commission website and found nothing on their warning page regarding HEIR whatsoever. Can you point us to any warnings they have issued about this organization?

Regarding Canyon, it was my understanding that any failed project had their investors' funds backed by the value of the land. They have a track record of never having lost money for any past investor, whether the project failed or not. I believe you are making some strong assumptions in calling either of these companies "ponzis". Perhaps you could let us know which one you were involved with, and in what capacity?

OSC? http://www.osc.gov.on.ca/documents/e..._over50_en.pdf

Look for the references to affinity, religion, nest egg, lying about how much money you have, etc. describes HEIR to a tee.

ask the management of HEIR outright what their relationship with the OSC is re: Walton.

Canyon pays money to investors in a project that is under construction. how do you pay from a business that has made no money? you make money in real estate by renting or selling. Canyon has done neither. they are paying money to old investors with new investor money.

Hi tttt,

The link that you posted to the OSC pdf document offers fairly general information about investment scams that has broad application, and does not deal specifically with HEIR or their "products" (which you still have not mentioned, as per my previous message). Not that I am personally involved with HEIR, although some of my close friends are.

Yes, HEIR has some religious connections, but mostly because the founder is a former pastor. Churches are a major place where people network for all kinds of business opportunities. From my own past involvement in church communities, I can tell you that if HEIR were discovered to be a scam, word would spread incredibly fast through such communities, and that would be the end of the organization.

As for Canyon, none of the projects that I have investigated with them have offered a payout before project completion, although that's not to say that such projects might not exist. I would assume in such cases that payments are made based on projected income for the project, and that payouts would be covered by land appreciation. (That is to say, if the project fell through, the appreciation of the land would be sufficient to cover funds paid to investors during construction).

Either way, the ponzi accusation is harsh, and I would be sure that you have a full understanding of the complexities of their business model before making such accusations in a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dcprime View Post
    Hi tttt,

The link that you posted to the OSC pdf document offers fairly general information about investment scams that has broad application, and does not deal specifically with HEIR or their "products" (which you still have not mentioned, as per my previous message). Not that I am personally involved with HEIR, although some of my close friends are.

Yes, HEIR has some religious connections, but mostly because the founder is a former pastor. Churches are a major place where people network for all kinds of business opportunities. From my own past involvement in church communities, I can tell you that if HEIR were discovered to be a scam, word would spread incredibly fast through such communities, and that would be the end of the organization.

As for Canyon, none of the projects that I have investigated with them have offered a payout before project completion, although that's not to say that such projects might not exist. I would assume in such cases that payments are made based on projected income for the project, and that payouts would be covered by land appreciation. (That is to say, if the project fell through, the appreciation of the land would be sufficient to cover funds paid to investors during construction).

Either way, the ponzi accusation is harsh, and I would be sure that you have a full understanding of the complexities of their business model before making such accusations in a public forum.
    Maybe you would like to inform all of us exactly what happened in the DR?

What properties were invested in by Heir investors?

Did they receive their funds back from failed projects?

What happened to the Canyon projects?

Canyon gave a huge donation to the Dominican Government and yet nothing was ever built.

Where did that money come from?

Quote Originally Posted by jrpull View Post
    Maybe you would like to inform all of us exactly what happened in the DR?

What properties were invested in by Heir investors?

Did they receive their funds back from failed projects?

What happened to the Canyon projects?

Canyon gave a huge donation to the Dominican Government and yet nothing was ever built.

Where did that money come from?
    I'm not sure if you're asking me, or tttt, but I'll respond to each of your questions as best as I can.

First, since I have not invested anything through any HEIR recommended projects, I can't speak for any of their other recommendations or who got their money back or not.

From what I know of the Canyon projects, there was at least one successful project in the USA which provided returns in-line with what had been projected. There is an unsuccessful project in DR which is currently in litigation, but which looks like it will provide a positive return for investors, and there is a project in Belize which is due to be completed in 2013 and which seems to be progressing according to plan thus far.

I know nothing about donations to the Dominican government.

However, tttt has said that he is a "former insider with one of these companies", so perhaps he can add some details that I am not aware of.

Incidentally, here is a press release that came out last week regarding Canyon and its current project:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...115687109.html

Sorry I could not be of more help in answering your questions!

Quote Originally Posted by dcprime View Post
    I'm not sure if you're asking me, or tttt, but I'll respond to each of your questions as best as I can.

First, since I have not invested anything through any HEIR recommended projects, I can't speak for any of their other recommendations or who got their money back or not.

From what I know of the Canyon projects, there was at least one successful project in the USA which provided returns in-line with what had been projected. There is an unsuccessful project in DR which is currently in litigation, but which looks like it will provide a positive return for investors, and there is a project in Belize which is due to be completed in 2013 and which seems to be progressing according to plan thus far.

I know nothing about donations to the Dominican government.

However, tttt has said that he is a "former insider with one of these companies", so perhaps he can add some details that I am not aware of.

Incidentally, here is a press release that came out last week regarding Canyon and its current project:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...115687109.html

Sorry I could not be of more help in answering your questions!
    Thanks DC and yes TTTT could you please add to this info?

Either of you know the name of the DR project that is in litigation or where it is located?

Or even where it is being litigated?

thanks