+ Reply to Thread

Coaching industry

Not sure if I’m posting in the right place, its the closest one that I found.

I am trying to find Business Coaching and the marked is saturated with them, all delivering great promises and hope with a very high price tag.

Googling I found that even “Rich Dad Coaching” (https://www.richdadcoaching.com/) is well known scam.
    I wasn’t able to find any information (good or bad) on www.e-myth.com services, does anyone know anything about them?

Can you recommend a Business Coaching firm?

Thanks,
    Ariel.

Re: Coaching industry

After speaking with "Sr. Program Advisor" they send you an online contact (see below).
    Notice the 6 months "enrollment" and its fee.

Although they promise that 96% of their clients more then double their revenue they insist on prepayment and not taking a percentage of the “extra revenue”

Congratulations on your decision to fully realize your business & entrepreneurial potential. We’re excited to be your partners in this endeavor and look forward to guiding you through the Mastery Impact! program. Let’s get started by clearly outlining the terms of our relationship.
    We promise to provide you:
    • A personalized program plan constructed with your Business Coach at the onset of your Mastery Impact! via an in-depth needs analysis assessment. Every six months thereafter, you and your coach will conduct a reassessment and plan for the following six months.
    • "Worry free commitment" terms that allow you to control the duration of your program. After your initial term (based on payment plan selected), this agreement automatically renews for another six months unless you decide to discontinue by providing a written notice of intent to cancel at least 30-days prior to the start of each subsequent 6 month session.
    • Three 60-minute sessions with your E-Myth Business Coach per month conducted via telephone for up to 3 participants.
    • A step-by-step business building program. The completion time frame is dependent on you, the condition of your business, and your implementation schedule.
    • Access to and use of our online client portal environment.
    • Electronic versions of the Mastery Impact! materials made available to you online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    • Access to a variety of additional resources, which currently include our online Community Blog, Monthly Newsletter, Brain Bank, as well as preferred Client discounts on all E-Myth products & services.
    You agree to:
    • Devote the necessary time and energy to obtain optimal results for your business, This includes strategizing, testing, and implementing systems into your business through your efforts and that of your staff (if applicable).
    • Pay for the Mastery Impact! program according to the payment option selected in this agreement.
    • Place any requests to rescind this agreement in writing to E-Myth Worldwide within 15 days of the contract date. A $100 (US) cancellation fee will apply.
    Terms & Requirements
    1. All fees for E-Myth Worldwide, Inc. ("we" or "E-Myth") services are payable in US dollars only, net of any fees charged by your bank. Non-US Clients agree to cover any non-US customs' fees, duties, taxes, telephone charges, or other costs related to participation in this program.
    2. Your non-payment does not constitute notice of cancellation/modification, and if you fail to make payment to us pursuant to this Agreement, we are entitled to immediately interrupt our obligations under this Agreement until your account becomes current. Such interruption does not absolve you from the responsibilities of this Agreement.
    3. Each party acknowledges that the other will disclose confidential information including, without limitation knowledge about the business, products, processes, technology, methodology, know-how, clients, research, and services (including the "E-Myth Proprietary Materials," as such term is defined below) of the disclosing party and that all such information are and will be the trade secrets and confidential and proprietary information of the disclosing party (collectively "Confidential Information"). Confidential Information will not include, however, any information which is or becomes part of the public domain through no fault of the disclosing party or that the disclosing party regularly gives to third parties without restriction on use or disclosure. Each party agrees (i) to hold the other's Confidential Information in strict confidence, (ii) not to disclose such Confidential Information to any third parties; (iii) not to use any Confidential Information for any purpose except in accordance with the performance of this Agreement; and (iv) to ensure that their employees and any other person to whom they are permitted to disclose such information comply with the foregoing restrictions.
    4. Both parties grant their mutual consent to monitoring/recording of communications by either party and their agents, whether for training, demonstration, performance, or quality assurance purposes.
    5. You agree that you bear sole responsibility for the use and implementation of our services within your business, acknowledging that our materials and services are advisory & supportive only. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our agents from any loss or expense, including legal and other fees, that result from any breach of this Agreement as well as from your activities or use of our materials/services.
    6. You acknowledge that we have developed at considerable expense the various confidential, proprietary, and copyrighted Mastery Impact!™ materials and audios, E-Myth Success Samples™, BrainBank ™ and other materials, know-how, trade secrets and technologies that will be shared with you throughout our relationship, including any recordings of communications made by either party and use of Michael Gerber's name, writings or teachings (collectively, the "E-Myth Proprietary Materials"). You agree that (i) the E-Myth Proprietary Materials are the copyrighted, proprietary, and confidential property of E-Myth and (ii) all right, title and interest in and to the E-Myth Proprietary Materials are owned by E-Myth and not you. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE E-MYTH PROPRIETARY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND, SUBJECT TO THE OTHER RESTRICTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, FOR USE WITHIN THE SINGLE BUSINESS THAT HAS ENROLLED IN THE MASTERY PROGRAM(TM). YOU MAY NOT USE, RESELL, COPY, DISTRIBUTE, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON, OR PUBLICLY DISPLAY OR PERFORM, OR TRANSMIT THE E-MYTH PROPRIETARY MATERIALS (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) OR ANY TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, TRADE NAMES, LOGOS OR OTHER WORDS OR SYMBOLS IDENTIFYING E-MYTH OR THE E-MYTH PROPRIETARY MATERIALS WITHOUT OUR PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY NOT REPRESENT YOURSELF AS AN AUTHORIZED AGENT, CONSULTANT, OR EMPLOYEE OF E-MYTH.
    7. You agree that any use of the E-Myth Proprietary Materials not expressly authorized in this Agreement is strictly prohibited. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you and anyone in or associated with your company are expressly prohibited from (i) sublicensing or reselling the E-Myth Proprietary Materials; (ii) marketing, promoting, and/or providing products or services based upon or incorporating in whole or in part the E-Myth Proprietary Materials and involving business consultation, coaching, training, education and/or support directed to personal or business issues of entrepreneurship and/or the operation of small businesses or allowing other persons to do so; (iii) using the E-Myth Proprietary Materials in any service or product not specifically authorized in this Agreement or offering it through any third party.
    8. We reserve the right to immediately cancel this Agreement for any breach of Sections 3, 6, or 7. Such termination shall not be deemed an election of remedies, and all other remedies provided by this Agreement or available at law or in equity shall survive any termination.
    9. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and E-Myth, all prior agreements, promises, or representations being merged herein. Unless accepted by you, this Agreement will automatically expire twenty-one (21) days after being sent to you.
    By clicking on "I Agree" below, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms and requirements specified in this agreement. When E-Myth receives confirmation of your agreement and the related payment has been processed, you will be given access to your online portal and your E-Myth Coach will be assigned.

Please select a payment term:
    The longer the commitment to E-Myth your business, the greater the savings.
    Payment Option Payment Amount (US) Monthly Equivalent Savings
    Monthly payments (minimum of 6): $1,245.00 $1,245.00
    Prepay 6 months: $7,110.00 $1,185.00 $360.00
    Prepay 12 months: $13,500.00 $1,125.00 $1,440.00
    Prepay 18 months: $19,350.00 $1,075.00 $3,060.00
    Prepay 24 months: $23,880.00 $995.00 $6,000.00

I would be very leery of any "coaching" service that charged a large up front fee for a long term enrollment. Pay by the hour, even if that hourly rate seems higher. Many less than honorable coach/mentor operations either will not abide by the terms of their refund policy or have terms that are very unfavorable to the person purchasing the service.

If you are unhappy with a pay by the hour service they either need to find a more effective way to serve you or they lose you as a client. But if you have paid for six months in advance and are unhappy with the service there is far less of a motivation for them to work with you to address your needs.

Far too many of these "call your mentor on the phone" services don't hire (or attract) successful buisness professionals to act as coaches, they hire people with telemarketing backgrounds. The coaching sessions consist of some general self improvement script being read to you but the focus of the call is generally tailored to selling you more of the companies services thereby earning your 'coach" additional commissions.

Thanks for your reply,
    Those were my thoughts as well.
    I was wandering if there is concrete feedback on their operation (good or bad), I wasn’t able to find anything about e-myth.

Although they promise that 96% of their clients more then double their revenue
    You want to increase your profit, not just your revenue. Their promise does not have any value to you.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 07-01-2009 at 01:20 PM.

That’s true :) but they also talk about increasing the profit margin not lowering it.

I have seen many complaints about business coaching and those claiming Emyth coaching. Please visit my site, www.Coach-Emyth.com. I would be happy to discuss your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by tanffn View Post
    Not sure if I’m posting in the right place, its the closest one that I found.

I am trying to find Business Coaching and the marked is saturated with them, all delivering great promises and hope with a very high price tag.

Googling I found that even “Rich Dad Coaching” (https://www.richdadcoaching.com/) is well known scam.
    I wasn’t able to find any information (good or bad) on www.e-myth.com services, does anyone know anything about them?

Can you recommend a Business Coaching firm?

Thanks,
    Ariel.