+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liberty League International - my experience

I have just pulled out of Liberty League International here in AUSTRALIA after 11 months. I invested in all 3 products (US$22,485) attending the Liberty conference in Acapulco, Mexico. I have spent in excess of AUD$20,000 on marketing and websites, mentored by a leader (actually in the top 3% $250k+) generated tons of leads but HAVE NOT MADE ANY MONEY. I have made just one training sale. I pulled the pin to cut my losses . IMO the company has reached saturation here in Australia. People by the dozens are joining up, there is massive competition and in my opinion, there is going to be a mass of people like myself that drop out with little or no results. Ironically the company that is all about integrity is actually quite the opposite, telling lies and misleading people. I was in denial, brainwashed up until recently and now realize what a mistake I have made. I can see a class action coming down under in the near future.
    Last edited by Rodders; 06-28-2009 at 05:49 AM. Reason: change heading

Re: Liberty League International - my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I have just pulled out of Liberty League International here in AUSTRALIA after 11 months. I invested in all 3 products (US$22,485) attending the Liberty conference in Acapulco, Mexico. I have spent in excess of AUD$20,000 on marketing and websites, mentored by a leader (actually in the top 3% $250k+) generated tons of leads but HAVE NOT MADE ANY MONEY. I have made just one training sale. I pulled the pin to cut my losses . IMO the company has reached saturation here in Australia. People by the dozens are joining up, there is massive competition and in my opinion, there is going to be a mass of people like myself that drop out with little or no results. Ironically the company that is all about integrity is actually quite the opposite, telling lies and misleading people. I was in denial, brainwashed up until recently and now realize what a mistake I have made. I can see a class action coming down under in the near future.
    Sorry to hear about the losses you made, they are pretty substantial.
    I am no fan of LLI, but can you tell us more about the lies the company made and how they mislead people?
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Maybe Len should read this post and use his "Jake's Gym" analogy to explain to Rodders why he wasn't successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
    Maybe Len should read this post and use his "Jake's Gym" analogy to explain to Rodders why he wasn't successful.
    It certainly could be a reason for his failure.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

http://www.libertyleaguetruth.com/

Tim Darnell and Jack Weinzierl tried to shut down my www.advantageconferencestruth.com and it didn't work. I see his old haunt Liberty Leauge stole the name of their legitimate critics site that they threatened into silence. Those scammers, Tim and Jack, said I wasn't blogging about LLI because I had been threatened as the LLtruth site had. A total lie. I blog about whatever interest me as time permits. Bite me big scamming goons! I think Tim Darnell's old haunt deserves all the attention it can get.

Soapboxmom

My wife and I were involved with LL at one time. They had just moved to Austrailia when we left. Like you, we spent a ton on marketing and got nowhere. Are there a lot of complaints against LL there? Even with all the lawsuits and complaints, people are still joining under the impression that they will be earning a six figure income in no time!
    Sean

LL makes you feel guilty if you don't step up and buy all three products. They will say things, like, "If you are serious about this biz, then you will find a way to pay for your conference tickets" and such. I never understood how going to one of these would change the quality of leads you got. They will they that they were struggling to make money in LL and they attended a conference and if by magic, they were making a lot when they got back. It never made sense to me.

Even with all the lawsuits and complaints, people are still joining under the impression that they will be earning a six figure income in no time!
    Sean
    I think this is the crux of the problem with this type of ''big ticket MLM'' (yes, unfortunately it is a MLM, but the type that gives it a bad name).
    People join thinking they can earn a very large income, in a very short time, with very little work. Sounds like the lottery doesnt it?

Len's position on LLI and other ?-up's is pretty clear. He doesn't care for them at all.

Neither do I.

But you'd know that if you'd have spent any time looking into Len & his site, marketwaveinc.com, wouldn't you?!

You gave PSA a thorough analysis, why not Len's site, Doc? Not negative enough for you?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    You gave PSA a thorough analysis, why not Len's site, Doc? Not negative enough for you?

I thought so...

Keep on sippin all of your anti-MLM kool-aid, Doc. No room for any common sense in that cult, right?!:judges:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Its a fair question Doc. Deserves a fair answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Sorry to hear about the losses you made, they are pretty substantial.
    I am no fan of LLI, but can you tell us more about the lies the company made and how they mislead people?
    G'day Chris,
    Here are some of the ways new associates are misled and lied to.
    1. You're business will explode after attending your first conference actually means you're advisors business explodes because you just forked out $5-8k
    2. You only have to work the business 3-5 hours a day translates to 8-10 hours a day into the evening 6 days a week.
    3. Told to fake it till you make it, I could not lie to my potential business partners, I operate with integrity, unlike LLI, ironically one of the reasons I joined!
    4. No specifics are given on the training calls, all about mindset and UPSELL, when asking specific questions on marketing techniques, no leaders will give an honest answer only to say that there are heaps of ways to market cheap or free. Truth is you need to spend serious money on marketing as it is so competitive here down under, the "leaders" over here have formed a co-op and have ads on television and cable. www.sixfigurechicks.com (Rania) and www.uxl.com.au (Rachel Oliver) Note that some of the women on six figure chicks are not even qualified or earning any money!

Quote Originally Posted by ssdt66 View Post
    My wife and I were involved with LL at one time. They had just moved to Austrailia when we left. Like you, we spent a ton on marketing and got nowhere. Are there a lot of complaints against LL there? Even with all the lawsuits and complaints, people are still joining under the impression that they will be earning a six figure income in no time!
    Sean
    Hi there Sean,
    I am sure there are, one of our biggest jobseeker websites have removed all LLI ads due to complaints. People are joining the company by the truckloads, I was told not to believe what you see on the internet. I want to speak to as many people here in Australia and overseas who feel they have been misled and get a discussion happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    People are joining the company by the truckloads
    Doesn't that mean that the distributors must be doing pretty well, then? Who are they paying when they join? People who are making a lot of money, presumably? Why are they all failing if people are joining by the truckloads?

I think the company's a scam, but something doesn't quite add up here if people are joining it by the truckloads.

I thought the problem was precisely that they're not joining it by the truckloads? If they are, where's the problem? :errr: