+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSS is their a "Secret Society of Scammers"?

Hi today is 4-14-2006.

I would like to start a discussion as to whether there is a community of loosely associated people who create their income by means of deceptive and deceitful means otherwise known as "Scams".

I would like to keep this thread focused on those people who conduct scam operations on-line via the internet through the WWW.

I would like for those of us here at scam.com who seriously want to combat such scammers to post here information and questions and comments which may help to construct a realistic map or picture of connections of any sort between known scammers and the people who for there own reasons (usually the accquistion money for themselves or information which they in turn sell for profit) promote the scams of others.

Many of these illegitimate operations and on-line ventures work hand in hand with spammers and various collectors of information. As such then there is at any given time large resources of information, most notably active e-mail addresses, which scammers use to target their "Marks". Hence the strong liklyhood of a very real and thriving society of individuals and organizations who feed off each other.

I have some specific persons and organizations in mind whom I'd like to determine their ties to the scam industry. Make no mistake about it! Scamming is an industry of its own. To be sure as I've started this thread I will be following it and naturally posting and commenting as well as providing directions to go in.

To start the "trail" I'd like to introduce you to the individual who got me involved here with scam.com.

Rory Ricord of Sandy, Utah

He introduced me to "Greenzap". A scam I'm sure most of you are well aware of. Because of him and GZ I came to this site and started posting. I credit this forum with providing me with the platform for making my voice heard in "Objection" to being scammed by GZ. The consequent result of which was I was refunded my money ($100.00) back, in all likelyhood in an attempt to "shut me up". As you may see I am not about to be quiet. I have begun my own investigation into the world of scams and have theorized that there is a "Secret Society of Scammers" or the "SSS" for short. I have included within this society anyone who knowingly promotes a deceptive or deceitful business in order to gain money or saleable information, this also of course includes the information providers and the spammers who help the scammers reach their "prospective Customers" better known as "marks"
    Rory has strong ties to an organization known as Lead Streams Marketing

He has also begun a new venture which I am at this time suspicious of.

Ominex, Inc.

Another connection to Rory and to GZ is Don Lamoureux West Jordan, UT.

I'll stop there for now and turn this thread over to all of you to contribute to.
    Happy Hunting for those connections that ARE out there. And may we as we find them devise strategies to Sever them and rid the world of Scams and Spam two things that simply seem to be intricately tied together.

Robert :cool:
    Last edited by sojustask; 05-16-2006 at 01:55 AM.
    “Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.” SunTzu

Re: SSS is their a "Secret Society of Scammers"?

While I'm not sure if there is a "community of scammers", I do see the connection between scammers and spammers. I suppose there very well be alliance of sorts between some scammers. As they all tend to need to have a base of some sort in terms of people to send their emails to, so that they can present their scam oppurtunitys as some kind of business offer. In other word these guys Rory and Don for example probably have list of people they share which they use to reach people through their spam. The lsm site seems to be some sort of lead generator and in my opinion most such things are simply a means to create a spam list.

If you take a look at the Greenzap testimonials page you will see testimonials from a number of people with dubious backgrounds, including those mentioned above.
    Also I have personally seen testimonials shared between Romy Blystone and Nick Hetcher in support of each others "projects".
    Alex Sonkin has provided his pal Bernstein with testimonials for projects he is also actively involved in.

Damon Westmoreland provided a testimonial for 1 Wordline and they in turn did the same for Mazumah. The list is endless.

So yes, I agree with you 100% that these guys provide each other with spam lists, testimonials and ready made downlines for each individuals projects.

4. 04-17-2006, 01:46 AM

5. 04-17-2006, 01:50 AM

The Seriously Super Secret Society of Spammers and Scammers. Sounds like it could be some sort of grouping of supervillans. :D

7. 04-17-2006, 02:40 AM

8. 04-17-2006, 02:45 AM

Million Dollar Secret = www.123MDS.com

The New Million Dollar Secret Online System - www.123MDS.com

https://www2.lsmsecure.com/xango/inv...c0c1b4bb325df7
    emails: [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Includes: Website Creation, Full access to Proprietary Marketing Materials and Content as provided within your Customized Website, and Customer Support by Lead Streams Marketing, Inc. in relation to your custom Website. This also includes the use of an LSM Domain

Xango SupportThe New Million Dollar Secret Online System - www.123MDS.com · voice. MyPowerVoice - NEW Virtual Office Interative Voice Mail System - www.MyPowerVoice.com

Well now it's nice to see some discussion and info being posted here.

misternonsense you are right in assuming a connection between scams and spam.
    Richard your observations of the testimonial sharing is very good one.
    michael you are right "Villians" they are for sure.
    techie, blanche as always you two drill right down to the core and find the sources where they are and the connections you make are always worth following.
    I am particulary interested in the Xango connection. As I recall when I spoke with Rory on the phone I mentioned Xango as something that I was curious about, as I had recevied some email concerning it (spam of course). When the topic came up Rory said he could hook me right up well into the xango system because he was "good friends" with a significant developer of the xango system. Looking back now it is most likely that he would have simply referred me to his lsm xango connection.

Perhaps there is a connection here via xango to other scammer/spammers.
    I do believe that there is a thread here at scam.com dealing with xango, so I think I'll step on over there and post and link to this discussion. Maybe some xango experianced people can make some contribution to our discussion here about the "SSS".

BTW thank you all for your posts here, let's keep those connections coming as the more that is revealed the less that is concealed. For scammers/spammers work as much as possible out of sight and therefore must be brought into the light in order to stop their unscruplous work.

“Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.” SunTzu

I was just over at the xango thread and I was rather bemused to see that the discussion over there was connecting to Mormons.
    Rory happens to live right in the heart of mormon land , Utah.
    And I remember him telling me he had 6 children, which is a common trait of mormons, to have large families. Perhaps he is one too, and there is an odd connection here to a cult religion?

Here's a post of mine placed over in the greenzap thread which I believe has elemants related to this thread concerning the "SSS" rather than writing it anew or creating another post here saying the same thing over again, here's the link to the post http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=7800

I was searching around the forum and found this statement within a link posted in another thread it would seem Sandy, Utah is not in my sights only!

The Weird-scam Capitol of the US
    Far be it from this Honorable Court to pick on other, less fortunately endowed territories, but there comes a time when even this Judge’s favorite ski destination must take a hard look in the mirror.

Granted, on a per-square mile basis, there aren’t a lot of people who live in most of Utah, but among those that do, there are some of the oddest of the kooks, and this most recent series of incidents indicates, at least to this court, that the inmates are soon to be in control of the asylum.

Not content to be just the home of the whacky polygamist splinter-faction of the Mormon church (a shared “distinction” with Arizona), Utah is home to some of the fastest-growing financial scams ever devised. Anything to do with “affinity marketing” seems to work in Utah so just by living there you can count on being a neighbor to a serial MLM’er.

And garden-variety silliness in the legal lalla-land seems to have found a home in Utah.

Take for example, something called the “Western Arbitration Council,” who set up shop in Sandy, Utah (which appears on maps as a suburb to the Capitol, Salt Lake City
    http://www.loansharks.blogspot.com/(Creditoris Squaliformes)
    (Red emphasis mine)
    http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=90898&postcount=1

http://www.123testimony.com/

Please complete the following testimony form:

PRODUCT

BUSINESS

First Name:
    Email:

Last Name:
    Day Phone:

City:
    Evening Phone:

State:
    AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA HI ID IL IN IA KS KY LA ME MD MA MI MN MS MO MT NE NV NH NJ NM NY NC ND OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VT VA WA WV WI WY AA AE AP

Medical Background to back this up:

Do you have before/after medical documentation, lab studies, etc.? Please explain below:

Do you have a digital photo? Yes No
    If No, can you get one? Yes No

I give ePower Players permission to use my photo and testimony for use in marketing XanGo online and offline. (check to accept)

http://www.321todayfreedom.com/new/main.htm

Welcome to Lead Streams Marketing (LSM). We have been proving the effectiveness of Web Marketing and Internet Business Solutions since 1998 by offering a complete Internet Marketing solution for any size business. With an in-house Copy Department, Graphics Department, and Technical Department; LSM is the solution for your internet success and is your one-stop shop for Internet marketing success!

We differentiate ourselves by assigning our clients a dedicated account manager, so each client is given one-on-one consulting designed around their specific needs. Our services are proven and get results… we listen, we solve, we provide, and we form a partnership with all our
    clients to virtually guarantee success.

Why so much fraud in Utah? I think the herb supplement market and Mormon scriptures relating to herb supplements may have something to do with it. AND possibly Orrin Hatch. :)

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...mencimer2.html Bolding mine
    Pyramids in the Desert

To understand how a teetotalling drug-warrior like Hatch became the biggest defender of the supplement industry's right to freely sell natural speed and other dubious products, it's useful to go back to his home state of Utah, whose $2.1-billion share nationwide accounts for about a fifth of America's supplement business.

Loren Israelson of the Utah Natural Products Alliance says there is a cultural affirmation of using herbs for medicine in Utah that helped give rise to the industry. Hatch, like 70 percent of his state's citizens, is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Israelson says that some believe Mormon scriptures encourage, and perhaps even mandate, the use of herbs as "God's medicine."

The belief in alternative medicine also has long sectarian roots intertwined with a Western libertarian political bent widespread in Utah. Utah Mormons tend to be intensely self-reliant people who would prefer that the federal government simply leave them---and their supplements---alone.

Fraud is something of a cottage industry in Utah, a state the FBI once dubbed the con-artist's paradise. A combination of trusting Mormon residents and a religious susceptibility to get-rich-quick schemes has made Utah a playground for Ponzi schemers and penny-stock swindlers (a few of whom Hatch represented as a young lawyer). Utah's most famous con-artist is the Mormon murderer, Mark Hoffman, who in 1985 killed two people in attempts to cover up his sales of forged historic documents to the highest officials of the LDS church.

Utah's hospitality to scammers has made it welcome territory for the supplement industry, particularly companies that sell their products through multilevel marketing, a technique resembling an old-fashioned pyramid scheme. Almost half (roughly 40) of Utah's supplement companies market their products not in stores, but through independent distributors who purchase expensive "kits" to set up their own door-to-door-style sales campaigns. These companies are responsible for many of those "Work at home" signs on telephone poles promising callers that they can make thousands of dollars, or the station wagons with bumper stickers that say "Lose weight now. Ask me how."
    Also, the trusting, insular and close knit nature of the Mormon religion (as well as other religions) makes it easy for scammers to perpetuate fraud from the inside of the group. Gain their trust as a member of their group and then take their money.

Scam Artists Thrive on Easy Pickings in Utah http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable
    Why so much fraud? Israel shrugs, but he has a theory: In a state dominated by Mormons, many scams are peddled to a trusting flock inside church circles.

He makes clear that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not involved in the cons, but rather that its close-knit structure provides a handy bunco incubator for ambitious thieves.
    One other thing - Salt Lake County doesn't allow one to search Civil case records and recorded documents (liens, deeds, mortgages, judgements, etc.) for free which makes it's a good place for scammers to hide. These services are only available for a fee.

Blanche

Heres a post from Blanche over at the greenzap thread concerning some people that definately are citizens of the "SSS"

The article she refers to is found at this link
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0006/S00034.htm

The original post where she brought this to my attention is found at this link
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0006/S00034.htm

Check out the article and see how the SSS creates and promotes a market for information to be used for potential scammer use.

been awhile since i been here.
    as i looked over the 1ss thread and mtt there seems to be a lot of connections being made between varoius scammers. im not sure how to post links to the post i saw so sorry if i dont provide them here. ill try and figure out how when i have time.
    a friend of mine said he read some of the stuff here and he thought that i should mention these names as being connected to scams, he wouldnt tell me why he just laughed and said to to do it. hes a good friend and i trust him so here are the names
    kelly frost and bid daddy
    jim lanford and rackspace.
    i hope he isnt pulling a joke on me but he most times is a serious guy.
    so if these names are connections of anysort hope they help stop scammers.

19. 05-10-2006, 02:32 AM

The first spam email!

From Rory Sun Jan 1 14:23:39 2006
    X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 2x9.x3.1x9.1x0; Sun, 01 Jan 2006 17:08:12 -0800
    X-xxxxxxxFilteredBulk: 66.133.105.198
    X-Originating-IP: [66.133.105.198]
    Return-Path:
    Authentication-Results: mta205.mail.mud.xxxxxxx.com from=ominex.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
    Received: from 66.133.105.198 (EHLO web2.servedomains.com) (66.133.105.198) by mta205.mail.mud.xxxxxxx.com with SMTP; Sun, 01 Jan 2006 17:08:11 -0800
    Received: by web2.servedomains.com (Postfix, from userid 0) id CE65E45379; Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:23:39 -0700 (MST)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Robert GET $50 FREE (INSTANTLY!!!)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    Message-Id: <[email protected]>
    Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:23:39 -0700 (MST)
    Content-Length: 919

Robert,

I know it... you are looking for something you can do with your
    COMPUTER right... well check this out:

http://lsm007.greenzappers.com/
    YOU GET $50 just for REGISTERING... all FREE.

And then make money giving away $50 to others!

IT IS THAT EASY!!!

CHECK it out here:

http://www.lsm00.greenzappers.com
    If that link doesn't work... go here:

http://www.lsm00.greenzappers.com/
    EMAIL me with any other questions!

Thanks!

-Rory

AMAZING the things that are on the Internet Today. AND THIS IS
    AVAILABLE WORLD WIDE!!!

----------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe to this mailing, please click or
    copy the following url into your browser window.
    http://lsmlead.com/u/[email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://www.businesscentral.net/Rory.htm - 10584 South 700 East,
    Suite 500, Sandy, UT 84070 USA
    If one does a "whois" search on the various IP's and DN's contained within this first spam email which drew me to "greenzap.com" one will find a mulitude of persons/names involved just with the originators of this email.
    Also please notice contained within this email are two of Rorys internet businesess solicting business for "greenzap.com" a very well known SCAM.
    Do I think there is a society of "internet marketers" who work together to procure what "filthy lucre" they can via the internet?
    YES I DO!!!
    Last edited by sojustask; 05-16-2006 at 02:02 AM.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...2ricord.com%22

Work From Home or Anywhere. Free Music just for looking. This is a Business, non MLM. No SALES. No Order Taking. Unlike anything you have seen. This is something EVERYONE needs and you'll be the solution. Free Information.

$1000 to $7800 Part Time.

Unlimited Potentials.

Expanding Worldwide.

Complete Systems to Automate the Work. Just be teachable.

Unbelievable Support and Training
    http://www.ricord.com/