+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does this really work?

Hello everyone this is my first post. Well lets get down to it I got a letter in the mail telling me to send a dollar to six people on a list. The title of the letter reads As seen on oprah & 20/20. Make $250,000 dollars in 5 weeks etc. It also told me to go to this website www.youarehereandnow.com is this legal and does it work has anyone else gotten one of these letters. And had any success with it. the math seems to be correct and if everyone did particate in it could it work. But I do not want to get into trouble with the law. Does anyone have any advice or have any experience with this?

Re: Does this really work?

Dude, this is the oldest scam in the books.

And had any success with it. the math seems to be correct and if everyone did particate in it could it work.
    You should take more math classes.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 06-22-2009 at 03:50 PM.

key word IF every1 took part... only if they been on a dessert island for the last 10 years....hahahahaha

scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Boris bro,

what kinda books ya been reading...

dodgy...

Hello is anybody there?

Just ignore my last post and I was looking for people how have gotten versions of the dick hollman letter and have at least tried it. I was not looking for opinions from skeptical people.

you originally asked if this is legal. i think its an illegal chain letter. you should include all your local postal inspectors on your mailinglist. they would want to get $250,000, too, and i am sure they never heard of anything like this before.

Do not bother Mumbles. This is probably his website he is asking about and warding off all "skeptics".

Well before I get really involved in this I will obviously ask my local postmaster if it is legal or not but I did want to hear from people who have at least tried mailing the dick hollman letters. And if it is legal why not take a crack at it the worst thing that will happen is I will not get back my $200 most of which is going to the post office anyway.

how very nice ...aint it a shame not every1 in the world is so generous...

you scamster....

go do your dirty work else where

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Well before I get really involved in this I will obviously ask my local postmaster if it is legal or not but I did want to hear from people who have at least tried mailing the dick hollman letters. And if it is legal why not take a crack at it the worst thing that will happen is I will not get back my $200 most of which is going to the post office anyway.
    Not legal, and doesn't work. It's the same scam as the Send-A-Dime letter of 1935, which caused obscene amounts of damage to an already weak economy.

You aren't just gambling your $200. You're daring fate to throw you in Federal prison for several years, with a felony conviction permanently blotting your police record.

Look up what a pyramid scheme is. That letter is a classical example of one.

Edit: Also see http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/f...ts/2036/P1460/ where the letter has been being discussed for 4 or 5 years straight, virtually non-stop.
    Last edited by ProfHenryHiggins; 06-24-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Nothing but skeptical posts. NO personal experiences nothing helpful. As far as being illegal I personally think that Bush and Cheney should have to answer for their illegal actions before I should have to answer for something like this. People like Bush, Cheney, and all the greedy investors on wall street are responsible for this shitty economy, this letter mailing thing is just people helping people. It's not that bad and i would imagine that the police have bigger fish to fry.

Did not recruit any new members into your chain letter? How sad, scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Nothing but skeptical posts. NO personal experiences nothing helpful. As far as being illegal I personally think that Bush and Cheney should have to answer for their illegal actions before I should have to answer for something like this. People like Bush, Cheney, and all the greedy investors on wall street are responsible for this shitty economy, this letter mailing thing is just people helping people. It's not that bad and i would imagine that the police have bigger fish to fry.
    This guy just posted in my WorkAtHomeTruth forum, too.
    He's probably the OWNER of the site he's asking about.

Nothing else really makes sense. I.e., why would he ask for someone's "opinion" and then get angry when they don't give him the answer they want?

He did the same at my forum - even to a response to EagleOne who has an Assigned Federal Agent that works with his organization.

You know people are getting desperate when they start attacking EITHER Obama or Bush or other political figures as some sort of divine right to scam other innocent people.

And as everyone knows from Godwin's law eventually one of us is going to be compared to Hitler or all of us to the Nazis. :judges:
    Last edited by justtoomuchtime; 06-24-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Well, if that's the case, I still have the evidence from Robert's last attempt at this, and I now have contacts within Federal agencies that I did not have back then.

If it is him, well, he'll have to explain himself to certain folks who can't be dealt with that way.
    That letter's been a felony since World War II, for reasons that have nothing to do with any recent administration.

Ok time to clear the air here and be honest with everyone. First I am not the owner of the website. I am not Robert Bach. Second, I did post on the work at home forum and I am sorry for my inconsistances on both forums. I guess I allowed myself to become emotional involved with this chain letter thing. Third I will not be doing the chain letter as it is illegal. I was not trying to recruit anyone. What i was trying to do at that time was maybe get a hold of someone who has made this work and maybe pick thier brain for ideas. But because it is illegal I will NOt be doing this at all.
    Last edited by The Joker; 06-25-2009 at 01:51 PM.