+ Reply to Thread

Another Lawsuit filed against NCO Financial

MILLER v. NCO PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, INC. et al

Plaintiff: LINDA D. MILLER
    Defendant: NCO PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, INC., GENESIS FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS, INC. and WEBBANK

Case Number: 1:2009cv00616
    Filed: May 18, 2009

Court: Indiana Southern District Court
    Office: Indianapolis Office [ Court Info ]
    County: Clinton
    Presiding Judge: Judge Larry J. McKinney
    Referring Judge: Judge Jane Magnus-Stinson

Nature of Suit: Other Statutes - Consumer Credit
    Cause: 15:1692 Fair Debt Collection Act
    Jurisdiction: Federal Question
    Jury Demanded By: None

More to come??? :judges:

Re: Another Lawsuit filed against NCO Financial

I understand that there are several more lawsuits brewing against NCO. Stay posted.

And I've been recieving emails from people saying they are being harrassed by NCO with phone calls. Easy way to stop that is simply tell them to stop calling you. By law, they have to honor that.

Also they cannot call you at work if you tell them too. One lady told me she was getting flack from her supervisor because of all the personal calls. When she told her SUP that it was NCO and she has told them to stop calling, the SUP got on the phone and demanded that the calls be stopped or legal action by the company would be taken against NCO. The calls stopped.

If you want to have some fun with these creeps when they call you at home and won't stop untill a certain time even after you demand that they stop simply try any of these:

Say,

She is not home right now, call back around ___whatever time you know you won't be there. They call back and get your answering machine.

OR

They call ask for you and you say,

She moved. She doesn't live here anymore

She has been deployed to Iraq

She got married and is on her honeymoon. She won't be
    coming back.

OR

If you have a fax machine, turn the fax machine on. They will get tired of hearing that shrill tone pronto.

OR

SAY,

Hold on I'll get her/him/whomever. Put the phone down and leave it off the hook.

Or put it next to a radio and turn the radio on full blast.

And most important, report them. Let the authorities know of any violations. Don't let them push you around.

Finally, always say NO to these "legally erase your bad credit" scams that have proliferated during the bad economy. They take your money and so nothing that you can't do for yourself. In many cases, they just take your money and keep coming back for more.

For example, it is true that you can legally erase bad credit but what these scam artists never tell you is that it can and frequently does reappear. Of course thet willbe happy to help you with that....for a bigger FEE! It comes off again and reappears again.

These guys are even more corrupt than the collection boys who work for about $10/hr or straight commission, work in smoke filled boiler rooms and were the same sweaty clothes every day.

As before, my recommendation is/always has been to communicate with your creditors. If you get into a pickle, still communicate with them. Hide and seek is a game not a good strategy.

Take control!

Have A Nice Day!yb:

Cheriyb:
    Last edited by cherib_squashes_quakery; 07-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.

NCO is pulling this scam on us. The only difference is that they keep rotating this debt (that we have already paid 3 times!!!) thru out their subsidiary companies. One of their subsidiaries collected from us (which we were forced to pay due to lack of documented proof that the debt was paid and it was affecting our credit raiting). This was ASSETCARE, Inc of NCO Portfolio Management. We paid them and they refused to send us a Payment in Full Letter. They then gave it to another NCO subsidiary FH CANN and Associates. They tried to recollect a year later and now this year another NCO subsidiary - NCO Financial Systems is trying to collect again! I have been in contact with all 3 of these subsidiary companies and all 3 have refused to send me a Payment In Full Letter and a Debt Validation Statement -even though they admitted to me twice on the phone that their computer systems does state that the debt was actually paid and they even gave me the date. I am now working with their Compliance Dept which I found a link to on their website. They are supposed to "help" you get thru this process and make sure that their company is complying to the FTC rules. I filed a complaint last night on the FTC web page. I have had it with these scammers.

I have an idea......they keep harrassing us - I think we should choose a date - Say Halloween (10/31/2010) and get as many people as possible to continually call their phone lines and drive THEM crazy. Let me know if anyone is up for it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cherib_squashes_quakery View Post
    I understand that there are several more lawsuits brewing against NCO. Stay posted.

And I've been recieving emails from people saying they are being harrassed by NCO with phone calls. Easy way to stop that is simply tell them to stop calling you. By law, they have to honor that.

Also they cannot call you at work if you tell them too. One lady told me she was getting flack from her supervisor because of all the personal calls. When she told her SUP that it was NCO and she has told them to stop calling, the SUP got on the phone and demanded that the calls be stopped or legal action by the company would be taken against NCO. The calls stopped.

If you want to have some fun with these creeps when they call you at home and won't stop untill a certain time even after you demand that they stop simply try any of these:

Say,

She is not home right now, call back around ___whatever time you know you won't be there. They call back and get your answering machine.

OR

They call ask for you and you say,

She moved. She doesn't live here anymore

She has been deployed to Iraq

She got married and is on her honeymoon. She won't be
    coming back.

OR

If you have a fax machine, turn the fax machine on. They will get tired of hearing that shrill tone pronto.

OR

SAY,

Hold on I'll get her/him/whomever. Put the phone down and leave it off the hook.

Or put it next to a radio and turn the radio on full blast.

And most important, report them. Let the authorities know of any violations. Don't let them push you around.

Finally, always say NO to these "legally erase your bad credit" scams that have proliferated during the bad economy. They take your money and so nothing that you can't do for yourself. In many cases, they just take your money and keep coming back for more.

For example, it is true that you can legally erase bad credit but what these scam artists never tell you is that it can and frequently does reappear. Of course thet willbe happy to help you with that....for a bigger FEE! It comes off again and reappears again.

These guys are even more corrupt than the collection boys who work for about $10/hr or straight commission, work in smoke filled boiler rooms and were the same sweaty clothes every day.

As before, my recommendation is/always has been to communicate with your creditors. If you get into a pickle, still communicate with them. Hide and seek is a game not a good strategy.

Take control!

Have A Nice Day!:smileyb:

Cheri:smileyb:

http://www.collectioncalllaw.com/