+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 52

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    First Church of the Godless Left

    If you adore terms such as "fundie," and "bible thumper" and "flat earther" and "redneck creationist" and "stoopit," you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you are a preening narcissist, and think you possess ultimate knowledge and ultimate science, you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you ignore the subject, and bring up Hovind, or creationism, or the age of the earth, you might be a member of the First Church of the GL.

    If you laughed at how stupid Dan Quayle was when he misspelled "potatoe," and you laughed at how stupid George Bush was when he misspoke, but you trivialize and excuse worse gaffes by Richard Dawkins or Carl Sagan or yourself, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you ask "what is a leftist" or "what is a liberal" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you never EVER ask "what is a right winger" or "what is a fundie" or "what is a creationist" or "what is a neocon" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you think abortion is swell, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you voted for Barack Oblammy you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    If you adore terms such as "fundie," and "bible thumper" and "flat earther" and "redneck creationist" and "stoopit," you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you are a preening narcissist, and think you possess ultimate knowledge and ultimate science, you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you ignore the subject, and bring up Hovind, or creationism, or the age of the earth, you might be a member of the First Church of the GL.

    If you laughed at how stupid Dan Quayle was when he misspelled "potatoe," and you laughed at how stupid George Bush was when he misspoke, but you trivialize and excuse worse gaffes by Richard Dawkins or Carl Sagan or yourself, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you ask "what is a leftist" or "what is a liberal" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you never EVER ask "what is a right winger" or "what is a fundie" or "what is a creationist" or "what is a neocon" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you think abortion is swell, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you voted for Barack Oblammy you might be a member of the FC of the GL.
    I've been a registered republican most of my life, jumped for joy when Reagan was elected, and for the last six years of GW Bush's presidency, warned everybody I could talk to or write to that he was pushing us toward financial catastrophe.

    Many conservatives have pointed out that GW Bush's presidency spent more money than the poster boy for liberal big spending, LBJ, even after adjusted for inflation.

    Bush never vetoed any pork bill by the republicans, and only did so when the democrats gained the majority.

    Bush was not a conservative, but a liberal wearing conservative clothing, which makes our present situation a failure of liberalism and stupid republicans rooting for Bush just because he was a republican.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post

    Bush was not a conservative, but a liberal wearing conservative clothing, which makes our present situation a failure of liberalism and stupid republicans rooting for Bush just because he was a republican.
    And so of course the ANSWER to this problem of excess spending is to bring in a flaming leftist, who makes Bush look like a piker, and who spends America into bankruptcy.

    Got it. That makes sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    And so of course the ANSWER to this problem of excess spending is to bring in a flaming leftist, who makes Bush look like a piker, and who spends America into bankruptcy.

    Got it. That makes sense.
    I never proposed that as a solution. I supported Ron Paul, and still do, since Paul is also for freedom of religion.

    But that is exactly what I tried to tell everybody for the past six years of Bush's presidency. I even ran for state office and told this to people.

    Bush's ideas will be represented as a failure of conservatism and cause a surge toward democrats. I saw it coming, even while Limbaugh was supporting Bush like an idiot.

    I believe this was intended, and Americans are too stupid to see the difference.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Planet Gong
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Bush was not a conservative, but a liberal wearing conservative clothing, which makes our present situation a failure of liberalism and stupid republicans rooting for Bush just because he was a republican.
    "Jeff's imagination has gone beyond the fringe of audience comprehension!" - 200 Motels Frank Zappa.

  6. #6
    goodomen9's Avatar
    goodomen9 is offline Silver Scams Member User Rank
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    219

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
    "Jeff's imagination has gone beyond the fringe of audience comprehension!" - 200 Motels Frank Zappa.
    People won't see it until it's to late Ooops too late. The smarter you are the harder you fall. I voted libertarian.

    FYI(for you are in formation)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    I never proposed that as a solution. I supported Ron Paul, and still do, since Paul is also for freedom of religion.
    /

    Bush's ideas will be represented as a failure of conservatism and cause a surge toward democrats. I saw it coming, even while Limbaugh was supporting Bush like an idiot.

    I believe this was intended, and Americans are too stupid to see the difference.
    So if on the scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a flaming liberal, and 10 being a Ron Paul Libertarian, Obama is a 1.5 and George Bush is a 4.5, you'd vote for Obama....

    Got it. Makes about as much sense as the usual blathering of a leftist, which of course you are not.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    i always wanted to know......am i a blathering leftist!? sometimes!? and when i came upon this thread title, it made me wonder, was BO gonna start 1 (the/a first)!? ...we are here gathered together....in the name of the fun, the pun, and holy roast!? which reminds me......enjoy your pork!? it's the other white meat!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 07-10-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Isaac Asimov was a deacon in the First Church of the Godless left.

    He was a typical leftist in the following ways:

    1. He relentlessly mocked and ridiculed Christians.

    2. He was a narcissist. His only loves outside of himself were the fawning crowds who gathered around to hear him prattle, and his typewriter, which he used to make more money and brainwash people into his godless left ideology. He ignored his son, David, who fell into grievous sin. A few years ago.

    http://http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/examiner/archive/1998/03/15/METRO15371.dtl

    3. He pretended to embrace science, while demonstrating his own profound ignorance.

    4. Asimov was so profoundly ignorant and superstitious, or else cowardly, that he refused to ride in an aircraft.

    How laughable that Captain Comet, who wrote often about intergalactic adventures, insisted on taking the statistically far more dangerous (per passenger mile) ground transportation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Isaac Asimov said:

    "Raise the temperature of ice and it melts."


    Asimov's ignorance is showing. The phase diagram for ice is an increasing curve in solid phase up through 0 degrees celsius where ice never melts. Only at 0 degrees does ice begin to melt and the curve flattens such that only after all the ice has melted will the temperature again start to increase.


    "...suppose there is such a thing as negative energy ..."


    Atheists have no problem making wild suppositions such as this. Two membranes collide and form the universe? Sure. An infinite number of universes, from the same gentle folk who gave you "Why would God make this huge universe just for US, (ha ha ha)"? Super.


    The insuperable statistics of the
    Anthropic Principle are "simply wrong."



    Nowhere but in the superficial, bigoted minds of atheists does science rest on a proclamation of two words, "simply wrong."


    One final example to illustrate the incredible ignorance of this science fiction writer, who is so revered by The First Church of the Godless Left:


    ". . . there is an object a mile above the surface of the earth that is moving upward at a constant speed. We can tell when it started its journey . . . there is nothing in the upward direction to stop, we could conclude that it would travel forever and its journey would have no end."


    Asimov might have included a remark like "here we neglect air resistance and gravity of earth and every star" but that would have been the sensible thing to do - the scientific and learned thing to do.


    You don't suppose that this "object" might hit a star, do you? And it wouldn't even have to rely on gravity to do so!

  11. #11
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    You have little credibility here....after all, "poof" is not science, not testable and is not a factually supported theory.

    Your personal incredulity is showing.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    If you adore terms such as "fundie," and "bible thumper" and "flat earther" and "redneck creationist" and "stoopit," you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you are a preening narcissist, and think you possess ultimate knowledge and ultimate science, you might be a member of the First Church of the Godless Left.

    If you ignore the subject, and bring up Hovind, or creationism, or the age of the earth, you might be a member of the First Church of the GL.

    If you laughed at how stupid Dan Quayle was when he misspelled "potatoe," and you laughed at how stupid George Bush was when he misspoke, but you trivialize and excuse worse gaffes by Richard Dawkins or Carl Sagan or yourself, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you ask "what is a leftist" or "what is a liberal" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you never EVER ask "what is a right winger" or "what is a fundie" or "what is a creationist" or "what is a neocon" you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you think abortion is swell, you might be a member of the FC of the GL.

    If you voted for Barack Oblammy you might be a member of the FC of the GL.
    Amen and Amen!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    Isaac Asimov said:

    "Raise the temperature of ice and it melts."


    Asimov's ignorance is showing. The phase diagram for ice is an increasing curve in solid phase up through 0 degrees celsius where ice never melts. Only at 0 degrees does ice begin to melt and the curve flattens such that only after all the ice has melted will the temperature again start to increase.


    "...suppose there is such a thing as negative energy ..."


    Atheists have no problem making wild suppositions such as this. Two membranes collide and form the universe? Sure. An infinite number of universes, from the same gentle folk who gave you "Why would God make this huge universe just for US, (ha ha ha)"? Super.


    The insuperable statistics of the
    Anthropic Principle are "simply wrong."



    Nowhere but in the superficial, bigoted minds of atheists does science rest on a proclamation of two words, "simply wrong."


    One final example to illustrate the incredible ignorance of this science fiction writer, who is so revered by The First Church of the Godless Left:


    ". . . there is an object a mile above the surface of the earth that is moving upward at a constant speed. We can tell when it started its journey . . . there is nothing in the upward direction to stop, we could conclude that it would travel forever and its journey would have no end."


    Asimov might have included a remark like "here we neglect air resistance and gravity of earth and every star" but that would have been the sensible thing to do - the scientific and learned thing to do.


    You don't suppose that this "object" might hit a star, do you? And it wouldn't even have to rely on gravity to do so!
    This reminds me that the moon is moving away from the Earth at a measurable rate. A few million years ago the moon would have touched the Earth. If the moon was a few million years old, it would have already left the Earth's orbit and maybe be a moon of Mars by now. Maybe the moons of Mars were once moons of the Earth, millions of years ago?:sun_smiley:

    I guess it's all possible, since we got some rocks from Mars. NOT!!!!
    Last edited by TerryP; 07-17-2009 at 04:05 PM.

  14. #14
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    This reminds me that the moon is moving away from the Earth at a measurable rate. A few million years ago the moon would have touched the Earth. If the moon was a few million years old, it would have already left the Earth's orbit and maybe be a moon of Mars by now. Maybe the moons of Mars were once moons of the Earth, millions of years ago?:sun_smiley:

    I guess it's all possible, since we got some rocks from Mars. NOT!!!!
    BULLSHIT...BULLSHIT...BULLSHIT!!! This Creatard bullshit has been explained and debunked years ago!!!...It's simply not true as in, repeating it is dishonest.

    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    BULLSHIT...BULLSHIT...BULLSHIT!!! This Creatard bullshit has been explained and debunked years ago!!!...It's simply not true as in, repeating it is dishonest.

    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moonrec.html
    The moon is pulling away from the earth about 2cm's a year. I was just making fun of those who believe in evolution. Actually, I believe that the moon has only pulled away about 80 miles or so from the earth from the time of creation.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: First Church of the Godless Left

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    So if on the scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a flaming liberal, and 10 being a Ron Paul Libertarian, Obama is a 1.5 and George Bush is a 4.5, you'd vote for Obama....

    Got it. Makes about as much sense as the usual blathering of a leftist, which of course you are not.....
    Way to put words into someone else's mouth you imbecile. If your reading comprehension exceeds that of an elementary school student (which I assume it does since you hardly do anything outside of attacking other people's spelling) You would have seen that he was a Ron Paul supporter and a Libertarian.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 06:23 AM
  2. Willard: Godless Liberals Think People Are Entitled To Eat
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:06 PM
  3. Godless Libruls Declare Jihad On Hamburgers/Pizza
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 07:00 PM
  4. Jim Goad: The Day I Left The Left
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM
  5. Statistical Thuggery by the Godless Left
    By BarackZero in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •