+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A real opportunity: Judgment Recovery

If I had the time, I would keep doing this ... but finally, I really found a legitimate opportunity (no, seriously). It's judgment recovery....it's a niche segment of debt collection. You go to your local courthouse and find all unpaid judgments then use skip tracing techniques to find them. The hardest part was sending out all the solicitation letters for the different cases.

The one I used was Sierra Judgment Recovery. It looks like someone last year had a question about it but no one responded. (Sorry, I'm new!).

I seriously thought it was going to be some huge hoax, but it's actually legitimate. You allow the plaintiff to legally assign the case to you, and if you recover the money you receive a percentage of it. Usually half. So if you have the time to hang out at the court house, I'd recommend. I still have the book and hope to pick it back up one day.

Plus, their customer service is real and fast and they have a Yahoo! forum you can join and meet other people.

If you have any other questions, just reply. I wish I was getting commission or something for this, because I've referred several other people, but alas, I am not.

Oh, but beware! There are companies out there that don't have an extensive package. Hers came with this massive book the even breaks down the individual items of a person's credit report, and discs with the forms you need to use and links to skip tracing sites.

There are some companies that will ask you to pay to join some association - oddly enough, one of those google links appears on this very page. But I wouldn't recommend doing that. I don't think you should be paying for something like that.
    Last edited by tanikwish; 04-14-2006 at 11:57 PM.

Re: A real opportunity: Judgment Recovery

tanikwish, read your comment ref. JJR, I have look into serra's program and found it to be worth looking into. but ran into NJR and they to me had more to offer, since then I send for their program and yes indeed both of this endeauver are both viable why because they are the real working endtity. you were right on to all the mechanics, and does take time to work it.

Something I found weird about Sierra is that I could only find offers for their "how to" package. I could never find out how to actually hire them to collect a judgment for me! Why do they sell info on how to do it but not actually offer the service, if they are claiming it's so lucrative? LOL!

I have a $50,000 judgment against someone in another state but am very weary about simply signing it over to someone for recovery purposes and end up losing it. Seems kinda risky, right? Anyone want to collect it on my behalf and split it 50/50? :) I'd need some sort of agreement that if you failed to recover it by a certain date I reclaim ownership of it (or whatever is left to recover).

I also considered using a place I found online called Prime Judicial Systems, Inc. but like I said I'm proceeding with caution. Any info would be great!

Ron

tanikwish,as I explained I am a member of jUDICIAL JUDMENT RECOVERY to make them pay. liscense in the city of Chulavista, Ca. under the company Servpro judment recovery. if you need my service you may contact me at email derokatson@yahoo.com

im somewhat weary of this idea of a business, anyone else got any ideas. I live in a high crime, high debt area, so maybe this is a good idea but i need more input. How much are you all making, how hard is it,ect..

bump!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they don't make a lot of money selling those books, so I would just find any sort of contact info on Sierra and ask them about your case. Or heck, give it to me! haha Maybe I could find it for you.

um tanik, im turning 18 in the summer, do you think its possible to do this kinda work before age 18 or is there something that will require me to be of legal age?

Quote Originally Posted by ScamPatrol
    Something I found weird about Sierra is that I could only find offers for their "how to" package. I could never find out how to actually hire them to collect a judgment for me! Why do they sell info on how to do it but not actually offer the service, if they are claiming it's so lucrative? LOL!

I have a $50,000 judgment against someone in another state but am very weary about simply signing it over to someone for recovery purposes and end up losing it. Seems kinda risky, right? Anyone want to collect it on my behalf and split it 50/50? :) I'd need some sort of agreement that if you failed to recover it by a certain date I reclaim ownership of it (or whatever is left to recover).

I also considered using a place I found online called Prime Judicial Systems, Inc. but like I said I'm proceeding with caution. Any info would be great!

Ron
    Hello Ron
    I also have a Judgment Recovery Course on the market and I do Judgment Recovery as well.
    I would like to talk to you about your case and maybe we can come up with an aggrement both of us will be happy with.
    You can e-mail me at: webmaster@judgmentcourse.com or if you like call me at 706-306-6260
    I will look foward to hearing from you.
    Dave

yeah I saw Sierra and another one(i forgot the name), any others with info?

That's the most legitimate one and the least expensive. I'd go with that one.

thanks for the info Tanikwish

why is this in the "work at home scams" section? Collecting on unpaid judgements involves a lot of legwork not something you be a stay at home mom and do.

I am not saying that this is not a way to earn some money - it is, I guess. But having worked in a similar type of area before I can tell you that this is not something you can do sitting in front of a computer at home. Having a "judgement" is a long way from getting the money. And you don't get paid until you get the money.

Quote Originally Posted by tanikwish
    That's the most legitimate one and the least expensive. I'd go with that one.
    I concur that it is legit but why would they require you to pay $200 just to tell you that info? I get the "it's all part of business" crap. If one would just search on ebay, you'll probably get the same info for about $10 or something. Do they offer something else besides the info they're selling (24/7 customer service, live training, assistance on how dealing with this and that)? Someone pls explain it to me 'coz shelling $200 for a struggling college student is like giving up a month's worth of food.

Here's what the price includes. A bit better than when I did it, IMO: (straight from the site - www.recoverycourse.com)

- 'Terminology' section and 'Recommended Reading and Resources'.

- Our State-By-State Civil Research Guide is now included! This guide will provide you with in-depth information about enforcing judgments in each and every state.

- Ongoing live support (Most people limit this, but it's free all the time for as long as you need it.)

Letters, Contracts and Forms CD - fill-in-the-blank templates. (This was probably the most valuable. Took all the guesswork out of it.)

Some of the things you get:
    - Solicitation Letters:
    - Multiple Assignment Agreements
    - Assignment of Judgment Form
    - Debtor profile sheet
    - Interest tracking form
    - Debtor Notification Letter: Designed to get the results you need while keeping you out of trouble with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
    - Levy Instructions

- Access To The National Member Network
    - Access To The SJR Member's Email Forum (very active and very helpful. I'm about to get back on there.
    - Access To The Member's Only Website

You get like a free gift too. Now that I'm leaving the corporate world I'm going to get back into doing this. She does need to have like her own page though....if you want to just get a judgment recovered. It's probably just the same information and phone number on the site. But heck, now you can come to me! I guess I should have done that. PM if you'd like more information on how I can help you recover a judgment.

Anyways, if you are a struggling college student, you should understand the POWER OF AMAZON. :D Lots'o books for less than $200. And better yet, just find the title and then find it cheaper somewhere else!!!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/002-...ent%20recovery
    Last edited by tanikwish; 08-04-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Hi everyone,
    Judgment Recovery could be a very good business if you live in a heavy populated area.
    I personally know of people who are in the business and they make a lot of money.
    The downside of the business is that you need another source of income while you are waiting to collect for your clients.

As a former LEO and Investigator, I can tell you that it takes a certain type of person to make this business successful. It requires a lot of investigation and patience.

I thought about doing this business my self, since I love to investigate, but I live in a very low populated area and there is already a few people doing it.
    I also thought about the job requirements:

You have to garnish wages (among other things) from people that owes the money, so you better know the law pretty darn good! and think about some guy making minimum wage just living paycheck to paycheck and you take away some of his money.

I realize that the person should be accountable for what he owes, but what if there are children involved in the picture that you are taking away from.
    It would be nice if you can pick and choose, but you can't. You have clients that depend on you and also your own children.

I guess it depends on the consequences of the case.

Just my thoughts,
    Best of luck
    Last edited by Blacklion; 08-05-2006 at 05:42 PM.