+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

God's scam - What if??

What if there IS a God?

What if God is testing us?

What if He is a cosmic prankster and has directed the creation of many differing religions to confuse us?

What if God intentionally created the bible with its contradictions, inaccuracies, absurdities, mistakes, unbelievable occurrences and prejudices as a test?

What if the test is to see if we fall for it?

What if atheists are the ONLY ones going to heaven?
    http://fitnessvideou.com/
    Where fitness professionals go to learn how to use video to promote their business

Re: God's scam - What if??

Now you're asking questions I started asking about forty years ago.

What if God
    is testing us?
    Testing us to do what? Maybe figure things out for ourselves? Certainly if that is the case, there would necessarily be no evidence for God.

What if
    He is a cosmic prankster and has directed the creation of many differing religions to confuse us?
    Not necessarily a prankster, but if there is no mechanical way to get all truth into one package(Godel's theorem), we are forced as individuals to arrive at truth, whatever that truth may be, by individual efforts. That is supported by Jesus' statement in Matthew 10:34-38. What is the benefit of increasing diversity? Freedom of thought, of course. The more we confront our limitations, the more we must admit that others are equally as valid in possibilities as ourselves, which is a step from the Golden Rule.

What if
    God intentionally created the bible with its contradictions, inaccuracies, absurdities, mistakes, unbelievable occurrences and prejudices as a test?
    There is no way of knowing that, but it stands to reason that if there is a God, who wishes us to find individual freedom, "he" would leave no discernible evidence by which any person could gain control of others, so there would be no consistent ;proofs of "his" existence.

Of course, that doesn;t prove God exists, it only demonstrates the possibility of a God consistent with what we are learning.

That's pretty much the purpose of Satan, from a biblical perspective. He is called the God of this world, and he is said to control all the powers of this earth(Matthew 4, Luke 4), so yes, if we fall for collectivist assumptions, we become one of the masses who only need belonging, not truth.

[quote}What if atheists are the ONLY ones going to heaven?[/quote]

Well, biblically, as any JW of SDA can tell you, the actual purpose is to develop "priest/kings" as servant/leaders here on earth.

Now, if you were a being looking for leaders, would you look for people who just followed the crowd, or people who developed the ability to think for themselves?

Of course there would be levels on levels of deception in such a case, though who would actually compose such a cadre of individuals is anybody's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    What if there IS a God?

There is a God!

What if God is testing us?

God is testing our faith.

What if He is a cosmic prankster and has directed the creation of many differing religions to confuse us?

Satan is doing a good job of this.

What if God intentionally created the bible with its contradictions, inaccuracies, absurdities, mistakes, unbelievable occurrences and prejudices as a test?

What Bible are you reading? Mine has no contradictions, inaccuracies, absurdities, mistakes, unbelieveable occurrences or Godly prejudices.

It is a test of faith. what's wrong with believing the Truth?

What if atheists are the ONLY ones going to heaven?
    Only those who have Jesus Christ as Savior will be going to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Only those who have Jesus Christ as Savior will be going to heaven.
    your not claiming to contradict mikes premise are you!? just adding another qualifier!? which made me think of......i knew you before you were born, then you friggin got lost!? depart from me, i never knew you!? think you can explain that paradox!? did you check up on "constantine" yet!? rent it!? (keanu reeves) :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    your not claiming to contradict mikes premise are you!? just adding another qualifier!? which made me think of......i knew you before you were born, then you friggin got lost!? depart from me, i never knew you!? think you can explain that paradox!? did you check up on "constantine" yet!? rent it!? (keanu reeves) :freak3: :spin2: :
    The only contradictions I claim that are wrong, are the ones that contradict the Bible.

Your paradox doesn't make sense.

The only contradictions I claim that are wrong, are the ones that contradict the Bible.

Your paradox doesn't make sense.
    ya, they're not suppose too!? and how can anything contradict the bible (word of creation!?)!?but what i am asking is, if god claims to know you before you are conceived, (anti-abortionists) how can he claim at the judgment NOT to know you!? how can a god forget!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

ya, they're not suppose too!? and how can anything contradict the bible (word of creation!?)!?but what i am asking is, if god claims to know you before you are conceived, (anti-abortionists) how can he claim at the judgment NOT to know you!? how can a god forget!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Jesus can "NOT" know us as His children.

Jesus can "NOT" know us as His children.
    are you saying god just knows/sees jesus!? no one else!? your posts are too short to fully explain!? you know, where god goes looking for adam like he's blind as a bat!? :freak3: :spin2: :

how about all are forgiven!? even those that DENY a god exists!? deny that the christ existed!? who does the bible say are the ONLY ones NOT forgiven!? i mean 1 could come here and flip the finger to god and still go to heaven!? right!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 06-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.

are you saying god just knows/sees jesus!? no one else!? your posts are too short to fully explain!? you know, where god goes looking for adam like he's blind as a bat!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Jesus is God in the flesh (I John 1:1 &14)

God knew where Adam was, He just asked Adam where he was because Adam tried to hide from God. Just because God asked Adam where he was, doesn't mean the God didn't know.

how about all are forgiven!? even those that DENY a god exists!? deny that the christ existed!? who does the bible say are the ONLY ones NOT forgiven!? i mean 1 could come here and flip the finger to god and still go to heaven!? right!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Where does the bible say you go to heaven when you die?

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Where does the bible say you go to heaven when you die?
    i didn't actually say when ya die but you could say it was implied!? goes to show how in order to have the final word you have to cover all the cracks!?(wise!?) :freak3: :spin2: :

i didn't actually say when ya die but you could say it was implied!? goes to show how in order to have the final word you have to cover all the cracks!?(wise!?) :freak3: :spin2: :
    The Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. II Corinthians 5:8

Where is it implied that you go to heaven when you die?

An implication is a relative truth, but to say that those who die with Jesus in their hearts will go to heaven, is an absolute truth, according to the Bible.

1 of us is "stuck"!? i was simply addressing what i thought was your accusation that "I" implied death was required to go to heaven!? which reminds me, why did jesus say to pray, kingdom come, will be done, on earth as it is in heaven!? what's the point if the place is just gonna blow up!? maybe it's a clue that the imaginary will someday be allowed to RULE!? the RIGHT imaginary that is!? :freak3: :spin2: :