+ Reply to Thread

Musicmakers make merry here!

There are so many threads everywhere for people to talk about their favorite artists and songs, why not one for musicians to share their experiences?

I thought this would be a good idea when Americanadian and I got going in a thread on a totally unrelated topic. Better put it here than disrupt a hot conversation, no?

Anyway, a little about me and music:

I'm from Chicago and was started on the piano before I could walk or talk by my grandmother. I was never very good at that and in the 6th grade, I fell in love with the saxophone.

I was always on stage as a kid, singing in the choir, acting in plays and playing in the band. I apparently was blacklisted from the MSM in 1959 for being just a little too cute on Romper Room, a kid's show on WGN TV9.

That was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I've played live in front of millions of people in the past 50 years and never received a pay check for doing it. I've been able to enjoy the best parts of the performance arts without the down side of the sickness that dominates the life of celebrities on the payroll of the criminals who run the industry.

Growing up in the 60's with a weekly allowance from my parents of $0.25 in grade school and $1.00, I discovered the secrets of busking as a toddler. Make people on the street smile and laugh and they give you money!
    Just that easy.

Nowadays, I pull in an average of $10-20/Hr. on a street corner just blowing on a plastic recorder in traffic.

That goes up to $50 during holiday times playing Christmas carols. In a crowd for festivals with my dog singing along, I usually need help collecting the money.

Enough about me for now. What about you?

Re: Musicmakers make merry here!

i think we ALL need to find "our" happy medium!? so help us along, sing us a song, of sixpence or more, happy medium!? i had to look up busking!? interesting!? and do you think, 'happy medium" could ever replace, "have a nice day"!?:freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you