+ Reply to Thread

Viruses Cure Cancer?

This is sort of a scam, but more in the interest of finding those who may be doing similar study.

Years ago, while I was still in college(about thirty years ago), I began to realize that viruses were not the enemies that medical science made them out to be, but actually served to help us in general by "informing" the body of necessary change in the environment.

The positive effects consisted of two main effects:
    1.The body begins a cleansing procedure, which also aids the spreading of the virus, making it communicable to others of the same species
    2.The body identifies the virus and creates antibodies to isolate it and control its effects

How are these positive? Being communicable, they inform many individuals within the species and contribute to the same general changes and adaptations to the environment. In recognizing the virus, the body has enlarged its "library" of defenses and is actually now more "intelligent" in its array of defenses.

Intelligence,in its basic form, may actually be derivative and expansion of immunity.

The virus, in hooking up with the reproductive machinery of the cell, actually becomes part of an altered reproductive process, so that the body has cleansed itself passed the message to others, and is more adaptive to a wider environment.

More recently, in the March issue of "Discover" Magazine, 2006, the cover story indicated that viruses are actually the driving force behind evolution. In light of my conclusions above, that makes perfect sense.

Concerning cancer, some recent studies indicate that cancer cells may be related to stem cells, and are actually repair cells that are sent to areas of the body to repair damage, but lose their ability to integrate with the system overall, becoming cancerous.

If a virus informs a body of necessary change, it seems logical to conclude that a virus in a cancerous body would tend to inform the cells and cause them to act in integrated defense against the viral invader, thus destroying the tumorous process of the cancer.

I discovered that a man named Coley, in the 1800s, discovered that certain "strep" bacteria had caused people with cancer to pass their tumors and recover. Using a mix of such weakened bacteria, called "Coley's toxins", he had success in treatment of the cancers of his patients.

This is called immunotherapy today, but was actually practiced as far back as ancient Egypt!

If a virus informs the body to take necessary defensive action, and cancer cells are actually repair cells that become "confused", then a virus would be a good antidote to cancerous tumors.

I put this out in hopes that someone might know of others doing similar research.

Re: Viruses Cure Cancer?

A decrease in the death rate shows people with cancer are living longer. This is due in large part to efforts to understand and cure cancer. One of the newest ways researchers are testing uses an organism we normally think of in a negative light a virus.
    Jinali,
    Car lease

Quote Originally Posted by Jinali Bemer View Post
    A decrease in the death rate shows people with cancer are living longer. This is due in large part to efforts to understand and cure cancer. One of the newest ways researchers are testing uses an organism we normally think of in a negative light a virus.
    Medicine has traditionally looked at a virus only as evil, not realizing that it actually does act to inform the body of changes in the environment.

It is an adaptive process, even if a bit heavy handed. People generally have to worry about it more where there are concentrations of human populations, though recent breakthroughs in penicillin and other medicines, along with sanitation, have brought such intruders under control to a great degree.

But viruses evolve just like people. Our ability to save lives in war even contributes to the evolution of viruses and bacteria, since they now learn to adapt to our latest concentration of vaccines and become "superbugs".

I liken this to what I called the "cockroach theory of history" back in my college days. Today, cockroaches often thrive and get fat on things that used to be poison to them. They become smarter, faster, speciate into different forms.

This happens at all levels of life, and our attempts to protect human life from all viral invaders using antibiotics has unwittingly contributed to a weakening of humans in their immune systems.

That, coupled with the increasing consumption of processed foods leading to children becoming more allergic to natural foods, has caused a less healthy society.

As a consequence, if cancer, as some researchers now say, is a repair mechanism in which cells similar to stem cells are sent to repair damage, then increasing damage, such as smoking, or drinking, will cause an overreaction by those same cells as they seek to metastasize in an effort to repair and re-integrate the entire body.

Researchers have found cancer cells that form hair cells where none should exist, or other types of cells forming where they do not belong.

Such repair cells, sent to specific areas have limited functions according to their immediate environment. They do not "decide" on necessary action. They simply replicate and repair.

Since a virus tends to organize the body in an all out defense, it is quite possible that cancer cells will once again become integrated in this defensive operation.

Doojie its great to see people interested in virology...but some of your claims are just plain wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Medicine has traditionally looked at a virus only as evil, ( misleading, genetic drift/shift and virology have not been understood that long to substantiate this claim) not realizing that it actually does act to inform the body of changes in the environment. this was always known...since the first hypothesis of viral infection....

It is an adaptive process, even if a bit heavy handed. People generally have to worry about it more where there are concentrations of human populations, though recent breakthroughs in penicilline (on third generation antibacterials now...very rarely penicillin as this is old technology...no longer used and involves bacteria...not viruses!!!!!!!!) we ar and other medicines, along with sanitation, have brought such intruders under control to a great degree.

But viruses evolve just like people. Our ability to save lives in war even contributes to the evolution of viruses and bacteria, since they now learn to adapt to our latest concentration of vaccines and become "superbugs".

I liken this to what I called the "cockroach theory of history" back in my college days. Today, cockroaches often thrive and get fat on things that used to be poison to them. They become smarter, faster, speciate into different forms.

This happens at all levels of life, and our attempts to protect human life from all viral invaders using antibiotics has unwittingly contributed to a weakening of humans in their immune systems. viruses are not bacteria!!!!!

That, coupled with the increasing consumption of processed foods leading to children becoming more allergic to natural foods, has caused a less healthy society.

As a consequence, if cancer, as some researchers now say, is a repair mechanism in which cells similar to stem cells are sent to repair damage, then increasing damage, such as smoking, or drinking, will cause an overreaction by those same cells as they seek to metastasize in an effort to repair and re-integrate the entire body.

Researchers have found cancer cells that form hair cells where none should exist, or other types of cells forming where they do not belong.

Such repair cells, sent to specific areas have limited functions according to their immediate environment. They do not "decide" on necessary action. They simply replicate and repair.

Since a virus tends to organize the body in an all out defense, it is quite possible that cancer cells will once again become integrated in this defensive operation.
    So while i applaud the notion that you are interested...you are calling dogs cats and cats dogs...lt may be worth looking up the difference between viruses and bacteria...

Here's a 101 lesson for everyone...I hope it helps.

Bacteria are individual living and colonising cell able to live without a host...it has its own indiviual bits and pieces and is a complete unit...sometimes it looks like bit of us but the bodies defences can usaually reognise it pretty quickly and attack it...
    Viruses invade your existing bodies cells ...kick out their nucleus and wander around inside you creating havoc (without the white blood cells or lymphocytes and phagocytes doing their job)...because your immune system sees something it recognises as itself...a friendly...but in fact it's a case of the invasion of the body snatchers happening...
    Quite often it the byproducts of the viruses daily consumption of energy that kills you intead of the virus itself...ie its waste from metabolising acts as a poison..

Bacteria are addressed with antibiotics...
    Viruses are addressed with vaccines or antvirals...as antibiotic therapy would not work ( its like sending the dog catcher to kill the cat!)
    so I am not sure where you are getting your info...but it is rudimentally flawed..
    I hope this clears any confusion.
    Last edited by reentry; 06-19-2009 at 06:58 AM.