+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apply 2 Save Scam Thread Gone?

Came here to check the latest developments on Apply 2 Save... and I can't find the thread. I looked at all my posts on this site... and all my posts in the thread are gone...

Interesting... so much criticism - true critiisicm, of Apply 2 Savve... how could someone on these boards have caved to Oberholtzer - or his lawyers, and removed it?

I hope someone kept copies of all the posts, for lawsuit purposes against A2S.

Must admit I'm surprised. I could see a mod going in and removing those posts that call for violence against Oberholtzer or post his address, and the silly little games played by Mamajama against me... but to remove the entire thread???
    Last edited by Scabobie; 06-11-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: to add more stuff

Re: Apply 2 Save Scam Thread Gone?

Apply2Save's bankruptcy filing went in on 6/9. Case # 09-20607-TLM. sign up for and view all 994 pages (100's of pages of individual's shafted by them included) at http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/documents/pacermanual.pdf

Probably employee's names on there as well.

Creditor case hearing is on 7/23 at 9am at US Courthouse in Couer d'Alene Idaho.

Of Note: Derek lists that he owes his own security svc apprx $6k and his own shell company Sleeping Giant Media Works, which he is all the officers, incorporated in Nevada for $100 in 2006, $520k!!!!!!!!!

A lot of vendors (TV commercial maker "Take2Direct" (?) in particular for $272k) got the shaft in the end as well. Not just customers and employees.

From the Idaho AG's Office.
    Apply 2 Save Consumer Protection Lawsuit

Apply 2 Save filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition in the District of Idaho’s Bankruptcy Court on June 9, 2009. The petition includes $1.5 million in secured claims, $2.3 million in unsecured “priority” claims, and $3.9 million in unsecured “nonpriority” claims, which include hundreds of consumer claims. Apply 2 Save is not expected to have any money to pay its unsecured creditors.

When a bankruptcy is filed the court enters an “automatic stay” of all pending lawsuits. The bankruptcy code exempts the Attorney General’s lawsuit from the stay. We are presently reviewing our litigation options with respect to the claims we have filed against Apply 2 Save and its President, Derek Oberholtzer.

Despite the pending bankruptcy, we encourage affected consumers to file a complaint with our office’s Consumer Protection Division. Please provide as much information as possible in your complaint and include copies of any correspondence or contractual agreements between you and Apply 2 Save. If you have an email address, please include it in your complaint form as this is the easiest and fastest way for us to contact you.

If Apply 2 Save listed you as an unsecured consumer creditor in its bankruptcy, you likely will receive notice from the court during the next few weeks. The notice will tell you whether you should file a “notice of claim.” In non-asset bankruptcies such as this, it is unlikely the court will accept claims. However, you should review the notice for details.
    Link at http://www2.state.id.us/ag/consumer/apply2Save.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabobie
    Interesting... so much criticism - true critiisicm, of Apply 2 Savve... how could someone on these boards have caved to Oberholtzer - or his lawyers, and removed it?
    How do you know Mr. Oberholtzer had anything to do with it?
    It could possibly be that the thread and IP logs are being looked through for evidence by the Idaho AG's Office. It could also be that it was easier to remove the entire thread instead of looking through the whole thing to remove any threats of physical harm. Most websites take such threats seriously.

And just because the thread is no longer 'publicly' visible does not mean that it has been deleted. It could have just as likely been moved to a non-public section of the forum.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 06-11-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

>>How do you know Mr. Oberholtzer had anything to do with it?

I don't know. I should have phrased it as a question, not as a statement. I was just wondering if that was the reason - having read of Oberholdter's penchant for getting his lawyers on people's cases.

>>>It could possibly be that the thread and IP logs are being looked through for evidence by the Idaho AG's Office.

No need to remove them if that is the case, I would have thought.

>>It could also be that it was easier to remove the entire thread instead of looking through the whole thing to remove any threats of physical harm.

Well, since the company is shut down and no one any longer needs to be warned about them, I suppose that could be the case. Still seems strange to me. It wouldn't taken a minute or two for a mod to remove the posts I mentioned... IMHO, of course.
    Last edited by Scabobie; 06-11-2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typos!

Apply 2 Save filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition in the District of Idaho’s Bankruptcy Court on June 9, 2009. The petition includes $1.5 million in secured claims, $2.3 million in unsecured “priority” claims, and $3.9 million in unsecured “nonpriority” claims, which include hundreds of consumer claims. Apply 2 Save is not expected to have any money to pay its unsecured creditors.
    So this is how they get out of paying people what they owe.... I hope people will try to get criminal charges filed against Oberholtzer, or at the least a class-action lawsuit - make him sell his house and repair some of the damage he did to people to whom his company was their last hope!

Reading the Bankruptcy filing shows:
    1/ Derek sold 1/3 of A2S to Fair group in April for Apprx $900k

2/ Paid himself $1m in the last year and claims he still is owed $1m in salary from A2S and $520k from Sleeping Giant.

3/ A lot of his "contracts" to do business were through Sleeping Giant

4/ Exec's made $10,950 a month

5/ He is claiming $4.7m in receivables on the books (all credit card charges that should be voided I assume)

6/ Filing lists every employee and what they are owed.

7/ Derek has 4 different child support payments to 4 different states (if that tells you anything)

8/ He is using the Hayden home address in his filing - Assume he actually still owns it but isn't living there.

9/ Every credit card charge/client is listed - 1800 people who got swindled

10/ Once again - He paid himself over a MILLION dollars in salary in the last 11 months by ripping off people!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted as well View Post
    7/ Derek has 4 different child support payments to 4 different states (if that tells you anything)

8/ He is using the Hayden home address in his filing - Assume he actually still owns it but isn't living there.

9/ Every credit card charge/client is listed - 1800 people who got swindled

10/ Once again - He paid himself over a MILLION dollars in salary in the last 11 months by ripping off people!!!!
    His ineptness is truly staggering. Well, I hope he gets his just desserts.

To Scabobie. I hardly see the relevance of you even caring about Apply 2 Save and what happens to Derek Oberholtzer. I am an investigator in this case and have never been able to connect the dots on how you are related to this situation. I find it perplexing and odd. I agree with several of the past postings of you coming across as motherly as well as judgemental. This blog belongs to people that have been wronged one way or the other. The comments that those people have made are the reason that a lawsuit exists in the first place. I am one who is tired of having to sift through your comments when you have nothing to do with any of this. Please quit wasting everyone's time. There are opinions of who you are in this office and we have cross referenced everything and find that you donot correlate with Apply 2 Save at all. Your enthusiasm is daunting and we actually know who you are thanks to other's who have been actually negatively effected. Please keep your non-related comments and opinion to yourself or you will find that you will be smack in the middle of this lawsuit and asked for your relation to this event.

If anyone else out there has any personal experience or has suffered due to Apply 2 Save's promises, please post your experience here. We only need 22 more case files to charge Mr. Oberholtzer with a federal indictment. Employee, customer or otherwise.

Thank you,
    T. Little
    IAGI
    Last edited by jba230; 06-13-2009 at 03:05 PM.

>>Please keep your non-related comments and opinion to yourself or you will find that you will be smack in the middle of this lawsuit and asked for your relation to this event.

Criminitileys, have you got a burr up your butt.

My relationship to Apply 2 Save is none of your business, and as I pointed out in the previous thread, I will not share my private info on a thread where people like Mamajama - and you - have access to it.

I have an opinion - I hope Oberholtzer goes to jail - and I will express that opinion in this thread as often as I like.

If you don't like it, start your own thread. I promise I'll never post in it.

>>>I am an investigator in this case and have never been able to connect the dots on how you are related to this situation.
    You're not much of an investigator, are you? Or at least not a very professional one. If you had been, you would have emailed me privately, introduced yourself, provided proof of your credentials, and asked me in a polite manner if I could supply materials that would help you with the case against Oberholzter.

That's what a professional would have done.

By attacking me publically, you just come across as an inept and incompetent fool. You're not Oberholotzer, are you?

Please keep your non-related comments and opinion to yourself or you will find that you will be smack in the middle of this lawsuit and asked for your relation to this event.

NoMaxim, you seem to have some legal knowledge, does the quote above from this idiot constitute a threat of blackmail that I can sue him for?

T. Little. T. Little. The idiot doesn't even give his full name, or his phone number, or his email, in his post. Yeah, that inspires confidence.

Mr. T. Little. Here's a tip. If you don't want to "wade" through posts, why don't you make a professional post of your own? Something along the lines of: We need 22 more stories of A2S scams. Email me directly at this email, or phone me direclty at this number, or write me here.

Then, the people who have been scammed can phone you, or email you, or write you directly.

See how that works?

Now, doesn't that seem a bit better than having people post their tales of woe here, you reading them, and then doing... whatever it is you do...

No. Trust me. Motherly advice always works. Get over your prejudice against it.

Make a professional post of your own. Something along the lines of: We need 22 more stories of A2S scams. Email me directly at this email, or phone me direclty at this number, or write me here. Then, we can make sure Oberholtzer gets his just desserts.
    Last edited by Scabobie; 06-13-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: to add a suggestion

Inept and just desserts seem to be Scabobies favorite words.........

Ok Steve Lux, ( Vice President of Sales and Marketing). Thanks but no thanks, you helped Derek rip so many people off and you made a million. Move on (3 posts just a few minutes from eachother make you look neurotic).

So. Please e-mail me at idahoinvestigator@live.com or pbrodylaw@live.com and tell me your story if you have been ripped off either by working for Derek or if you were a customer. 22 more cases and federal charges will be made. Thank you to all of you who have provided info thus far. We are so close.

To: JBA230 the investigator.... I don't think you are very good at your job. The Senior Vice President of Marketing was Joe Doyle and before that it was Derek himself. Lux ran sales until he quit and then the VP of sales was Richard Dawley. Just to put the facts in order.
    Let me know if you need any other information.... oh, and no one but Derek made any "real" money there.
    Execs were paid between $60K per year up to Joe Doyle's $250K per year.
    ALL of the execs (except for his buddy Jesse Daly and the IT VP and his guys) didn't take paychecks for many months as Derek lied to everyone about the situation.
    Last edited by xA2ser; 06-14-2009 at 08:27 AM.

>>>Ok Steve Lux, ( Vice President of Sales and Marketing). Thanks but no thanks, you helped Derek rip so many people off and you made a million.

Are you trying to imply that I am Steve Lux? Why would Steve Lux be posting here, expressing the opinion that Derek Oberholzter should go to jail? More proof of your idiocy.

>>>So. Please e-mail me at idahoinvestigator@live.com or pbrodylaw@live.com and tell me your story if you have been ripped off either by working for Derek or if you were a customer. 22 more cases and federal charges will be made. Thank you to all of you who have provided info thus far. We are so close.

What's your name? Is it really T. Little. Live.com? What kind of email address for a company is that?

How about giving the name of the actual lawyer who will be working on the case - and his/her email, so that victims of the A2S scam will not be scammed again.

I assume your work is pro bono?

jba230 is NOT any investigator. I have been following this thread since December 2008, and he posted here way back then ( which has since been removed ) and he/she was very verbally abusive in his writing about how any one who worked with A2S was a loser and a low life, and we all deserved what we got from them! I don't know who he is.. but I wouldn't even acknowledge his postings with any response. Ignore him. Why would he threaten scadobie if he's a so called investigator trying to help? Doesn't make any sense to me. What an idiot.