+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 36

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    I was baptized Sabbath, June 9, 1979 in Toledo, Ohio - an unbelievable 30 years ago today! My minister was George Kackos. Back then, most Worldwide Church of God baptisms in Toledo took place in what appeared to be a water tank (like for horses and cattle) in the garage of the highly respected deaconess and widow Mrs. Ruth Ludwig (later married to Rudy Myers).

    The original Worldwide Church of God (WCG) taught the biblical baptism of full immersion in water, followed by the laying on of hands to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is not to be confused with the apostate Tkachite group today that shamefully returned to Egypt, to Babylon's traditional vomit, after the death of Herbert W. Armstrong and who recently changed their name to Grace Communion International. It's appropriate they no longer refer to themselves as the Church of God, considering the overwhelming evidence against them, documented within Raising the Ruins by Stephen Flurry.

    Some refer to initial conversion as our "first love," sort of like a honeymoon, that eventually wears off. We're supposed to "count the cost" before baptism, understanding we're in this for the long haul, that conversion is a life-long process, that there's no turning back, so help us God.

    I've had my ups and down during this conversion process, this spiritual obstacle course and religious marathon, exhilarating successes and miserable failures during this wilderness trek, but continue on, trusting in the tender mercies of God to finish what He's graciously started within me: the development of holy, righteous character to be completed at the First Resurrection, when the saints will be born again - literally transformed from human to divine, from flesh and blood to holy Spirit!
    Last edited by David Ben-Ariel; 06-09-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    They should have held you under longer....much longer.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    239

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    They should have held you under longer....much longer.
    That was my line!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Camp Crystal Lake
    Posts
    226

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    They should have held you under longer....much longer.
    rofl.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    750

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    give
    dude
    a
    break
    already.
    you
    don't
    agree
    with
    him
    tell
    him
    why.
    wishing
    for
    harm
    is
    risky
    business
    in
    this
    plane.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    239

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    it
    was
    a
    joke.
    and
    the
    enter
    key
    is
    no
    substitute
    for
    the
    space
    bar.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    750

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by BartBandy View Post
    it
    was
    a
    joke.
    and
    the
    enter
    key
    is
    no
    substitute
    for
    the
    space
    bar.
    :spin2::spin2::spin2::spin2::spin2::spin2::spin2:: spin2::spin2::spin2:
    OK-fine,then-hyphens-it-is-if-you-want-to-discuss-the-topic-of-the-thread-rather-than-trash-DBA-just-for-the-sake-of-trashing-him.

    As-a-native-born-Levite-trained-not-only-in-the-ritual-and-practice-of-the-Hebrew-Faith(Judaism-Christianity-Islam),but-also-a-participant-in-the-same-stuff-as-presented-by-the-Hindu,Buddhist,Native-American,Druid,and-Wiccan-priests,most-of-what-David-spouts-is-at-best-crude-understandings-of-the-higher-thought-and-at-worst-perversions-of-it.

    That-doesn't-make-him-a-bad-guy,just-misguided-and/or-misinformed.

    If-we-are-to-obey-the-doctrine-of-love,we-are-obligated-to-respond-to-his-statements-with-wisdom-based-on-knowledge-and-understanding-NOT-insults-against-his-personality.

    Argue-against-the-premise-presented-not-the-worthiness-of-the-presenter.

    i'm-in-a-rural-area-and-it-might-be-a-little-while-before-i-can-replace-the-board.

    thanking-everybody-in-advance-for-your-patience.

    go-ahead,joke-about-it.i-can-take-it.
    i've-been-doing-this-crap-since-before-it-could-be-done-this-way-at-all.
    this-is-a-minor-inconvenience-compared-to-some-of-the-crap-i-have-to-deal-with-24x7-cleaning-up-after-MSFT-ANDTHE-INTERNET.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Medium View Post
    That-doesn't-make-him-a-bad-guy,just-misguided-and/or-misinformed.
    No, what makes him a bad guy is his hatred of anyone that's not a white Christian, his promotion of KKK-like concepts such as "racial purity", his claims that white people who marry interracially are diluting their pure white Israelite blood, and his attempts to hide his blatant xenophobia beyond biblical verses.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    750

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    i-still-have-to-stay-with-Mr.T-and-pity-the-fool-rather-than-lowering-myself-to-a-similar-level-of-ignorance-by-hating-the-man-for-his-misguided-notions.

    the-prime-directive-to-love-does-not-require-us-to-like-everything-that-everybody-is-about.

    it-behooves-us-to-attempt-to-respond-to-things-we-do-not-like-with-love,compassion-and-wisdom.

    hatred-and-violence,especially-righteous-indignation-and-imagined-divinely-mandated-retribution-just-breeds-more-of-the-same.

    it-solves-nothing.

    i-think-it-is-in-our-best-interests-to-attempt-to-enlighten-people-whose-belief-system-is-corrupted-rather-than-confront-them-combatively-like-y'all-go-after-DBA.

    more-often-than-not,the-hostility-escalates-and-your-adversary-may-even-be-strengthened-by-the-confrontation,to-the-point-of-attracting-and-recruiting-allies-to-support-his-perverted-notions-of-righteousness.

  10. #10
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    DavieCakes is a clown and a bigot of momentous proportions. F' him.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    I was baptized Sabbath, June 9, 1979 in Toledo, Ohio - an unbelievable 30 years ago today! My minister was George Kackos. Back then, most Worldwide Church of God baptisms in Toledo took place in what appeared to be a water tank (like for horses and cattle) in the garage of the highly respected deaconess and widow Mrs. Ruth Ludwig (later married to Rudy Myers).

    The original Worldwide Church of God (WCG) taught the biblical baptism of full immersion in water, followed by the laying on of hands to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is not to be confused with the apostate Tkachite group today that shamefully returned to Egypt, to Babylon's traditional vomit, after the death of Herbert W. Armstrong and who recently changed their name to Grace Communion International. It's appropriate they no longer refer to themselves as the Church of God, considering the overwhelming evidence against them, documented within Raising the Ruins by Stephen Flurry.

    Some refer to initial conversion as our "first love," sort of like a honeymoon, that eventually wears off. We're supposed to "count the cost" before baptism, understanding we're in this for the long haul, that conversion is a life-long process, that there's no turning back, so help us God.

    I've had my ups and down during this conversion process, this spiritual obstacle course and religious marathon, exhilarating successes and miserable failures during this wilderness trek, but continue on, trusting in the tender mercies of God to finish what He's graciously started within me: the development of holy, righteous character to be completed at the First Resurrection, when the saints will be born again - literally transformed from human to divine, from flesh and blood to holy Spirit!
    The laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost is not necessary. Colossians 2:9 says "For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." When we receive Christ as Savior, we receive all of Him including the Holy Spirit, at that time.

    We are saved by grace through faith, not by the works of baptism. See Ephesians 2:8-10. Baptism doesn't save you, it is your faith, and faith alone, that saves you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    DavieCakes is a clown and a bigot of momentous proportions. F' him.

    Calm down please, that's embarrassing, I thought you were more intelligent than that, calm down please.

  13. #13
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    According to Superman Comics, Kryptonite comes from the planet Krypton. Does that mean its real?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    No, what makes him a bad guy is his hatred of anyone that's not a white Christian, his promotion of KKK-like concepts such as "racial purity", his claims that white people who marry interracially are diluting their pure white Israelite blood, and his attempts to hide his blatant xenophobia beyond biblical verses.

    I'm a white Christian and David seems to hate me, too!

  15. #15
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Calm down please, that's embarrassing, I thought you were more intelligent than that, calm down please.
    I have no patience for liars, bigots, morons and religious fundies. They embody all that is wrong with this country today.

    DavieCakes is just such a person.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: I was baptized 30 years ago today!

    Quote Originally Posted by BartBandy View Post
    That was my line!
    Don't talk about his hatred when you are expressing it yourself. Judge not least ye be judged.

Similar Threads

  1. 12 Years ago Today......
    By brywilson2 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 06:02 AM
  2. 30 Years ago Today.......
    By brywilson2 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
  3. 232 Years Ago Today
    By ianmatthews in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 08:03 AM
  4. America: 200 Years To Build - 6 Years To Destroy
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 11:17 AM
  5. Most Better Off Today Than 4 Years Ago
    By Betamanmn in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 08:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •