+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 41

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    39

    Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    I am doing an experiment. All I am saying is that it is July 15th and it is bit cheeky.

    If people want to pray to God that something wonderful happens on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want to fast for God to do something wonderful on July 15th,
    feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want give charity for God to do something wonderful on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    This may be a joke. I don't know. I find it confusing. I feel that God wants me to do the experiment but I don't know why.

    Have fun for the next 40 Days.

    Relax.

    I feel that God loves us all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
    I am doing an experiment. All I am saying is that it is July 15th and it is bit cheeky.

    If people want to pray to God that something wonderful happens on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want to fast for God to do something wonderful on July 15th,
    feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want give charity for God to do something wonderful on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    This may be a joke. I don't know. I find it confusing. I feel that God wants me to do the experiment but I don't know why.

    Have fun for the next 40 Days.

    Relax.

    I feel that God loves us all.




    Come back in on July 16th and tell us about the cool surprise god had for you on the 15th.

    Turn all us doubters 'round with a miracle.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    since it's NOT july 15th YET i want the OP to DEFINE cheeky!? a bit or NOT!? BITE MY CHEEK!? WHY!? sorry if i seem to BE TOO questioning!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  4. #4
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
    I am doing an experiment. All I am saying is that it is July 15th and it is bit cheeky.

    If people want to pray to God that something wonderful happens on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want to fast for God to do something wonderful on July 15th,
    feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want give charity for God to do something wonderful on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    This may be a joke. I don't know. I find it confusing. I feel that God wants me to do the experiment but I don't know why.

    Have fun for the next 40 Days.

    Relax.

    I feel that God loves us all.
    BabbleCode....hey....pssssst....over here.......real expriements, the kind real scientist perform, have expected results.

    Get the hint?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Ok...
    the ides have it.

    I pray for something wonderful for humanity every day but i will try to remember your request in particular on that day..

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
    I am doing an experiment. All I am saying is that it is July 15th and it is bit cheeky.

    If people want to pray to God that something wonderful happens on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want to fast for God to do something wonderful on July 15th,
    feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want give charity for God to do something wonderful on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    This may be a joke. I don't know. I find it confusing. I feel that God wants me to do the experiment but I don't know why.

    Have fun for the next 40 Days.

    Relax.

    I feel that God loves us all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,286

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    BabbleCode....hey....pssssst....over here.......real expriements, the kind real scientist perform, have expected results.

    Get the hint?
    the "HINT" of possible disappointment comes to mind!? choose your hints wisely!? dont look back!? you know i'm right!? you just want to keep THAT SECRET to your self!? dont WE ALL!? learn to love your ingrown toenail!? it's personal and what makes ME special!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    39

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    BabbleCode....hey....pssssst....over here.......real expriements, the kind real scientist perform, have expected results.

    Get the hint?
    I disagree with this. Many scientists have an agenda and so they want evidence to verify that with the experiment. When the experiment fails, they lose interest. When the experiment passes, they claim victory.

    However, I am quite critical on this view. For me, I view science as a journey of discovery. You don't know what the outcome is. Either way, there is something to learn. When you get the outcome, you accept the weaknesses of the theory and that the outcome does not validate the theory. Further investigation gives greater weight to the theory but even then you don't know the outcome.

    Think of names like Galileo, Einstein, Darwin & Newton. They changed history by presenting new theories. Did they do it by preaching the theories as truth or did they just ask the question and explore to find out an answer? Societies of the time took decades to accept these theories. Even now, somebody may come up with better theories and that is the journey of science.

    In my opinion, experimenting is fun and experimenting with expected results is boring.

    Maybe I shouldn't have wrote anything about July 15th and 40 days because I may end up just as confused then as I am now.
    Last edited by BibleCode; 06-09-2009 at 11:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    750

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    BabbleCode....hey....pssssst....over here.......real expriements, the kind real scientist perform, have expected results.

    Get the hint?
    Yo!
    IllogicalBoor,you-simpering-sycophant,go-read-some-Einstein-before-you-start-knocking-somebody's-spiritual-quest.

    40-day-fasts-and-prayers-are-the-way-traditional-Hebrew-holy-people-have-always-gotten-their-miracles-performed-and-wishes-fulfilled.

    Try-it-sometime.
    You-might-just-have-an-epiphany-that-would-make-you-a-much-more-pleasant-read-on-this-forum.

    what-is-making-me-think-that-you-make-your-living-marketing-the-work-of-scientists-rather-than-actually-being-one-yourself?

  9. #9
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Does your space bar not work?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't have wrote anything about July 15th and 40 days because I may end up just as confused then as I am now.


    Big surprise that you'd begin the process of taking it back...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by BibleCode View Post
    I am doing an experiment. All I am saying is that it is July 15th and it is bit cheeky.

    If people want to pray to God that something wonderful happens on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want to fast for God to do something wonderful on July 15th,
    feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    If people want give charity for God to do something wonderful on July 15th, feel welcome but it may not be necessary.

    This may be a joke. I don't know. I find it confusing. I feel that God wants me to do the experiment but I don't know why.

    Have fun for the next 40 Days.

    Relax.

    I feel that God loves us all.
    If you want to make sure that God answers your prayers, don't forget to ask for forgiveness and to thank Him for all the wonderful things that He has done for you and don't be nonchalant about it

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    If you want to make sure that God answers your prayers, don't forget to ask for forgiveness and to thank Him for all the wonderful things that He has done for you and don't be nonchalant about it

    Yes! I love it! This way, when nothing happens, as we all know nothing will, we can all sit back and smile because we know why it didn't happen.

    Its not because god does not exist or is not interested...

    Its because this biblecode guy had a sin he didn't confess or he didn't butter god up with enough praises.


    That's right, biblecode. Remember, the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

    If nothing happens we'll all know its because you weren't fervent enough...

    Terryp, help him out. You pray with him for July 15th. This way, there will be two (metaphorically) gathered in Jesus name and he'll be in your midst.
    Where he fails in praising god, his desire to see something happen on July 15, and/or stumbles in sin unforgiven, you can lift your voice....and vice versa.


    TerryP, and BibleCode - the two prayer warriors that will make a stand for God, and in faith in His holiness and power prove once and for all that God's might can outweigh and overpower our stubborn human ignorance.

    Just as the prophet Elijah stood for God; one man set against an "army" of the prophets of ba'al and called down to God's praise the fires of heaven that burned his offering and even licked the very water from the mote he built around the offering, BibleCode and TerryP will erase all doubt to the glory and honor and praise of God almighty in the name of the redeemer Jesus Christ....


    ....er, unless your faith cannot support it....

  13. #13
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    If you want to make sure that God answers your prayers, don't forget to ask for forgiveness and to thank Him for all the wonderful things that He has done for you and don't be nonchalant about it
    That is, of course, unless you are an amputee...then you have no shot whatsoever because god doesn't grow limbs back.

    Happy Me-Dum, perhaps you should stick with topics you actually understand.

    40-day-fasts-and-prayers-are-the-way-traditional-Hebrew-holy-people-have-attempted to validate their myths.
    There, fixed that for ya.


    Please, enlighten us on Einstein's postion on faith.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  14. #14
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    babbleCode

    I disagree with this. Many scientists have an agenda and so they want evidence to verify that with the experiment. When the experiment fails, they lose interest. When the experiment passes, they claim victory.
    Really??? Who?...what scientists?...what experiments?

    Be specific.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Please, enlighten us on Einstein's postion on faith.


    And I quote....

    ....the proof is in the pudding...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    750

    Re: Experiment: 40 Days of Purpose

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    That is, of course, unless you are an amputee...then you have no shot whatsoever because god doesn't grow limbs back.

    Happy Me-Dum, perhaps you should stick with topics you actually understand.



    There, fixed that for ya.


    Please, enlighten us on Einstein's postion on faith.
    'The-World-As-I-See-It'

    "How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people -- first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy. A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving...
    "I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves -- this critical basis I call the ideal of a pigsty. The ideals that have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. Without the sense of kinship with men of like mind, without the occupation with the objective world, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific endeavors, life would have seemed empty to me. The trite objects of human efforts -- possessions, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible.
    "My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities. I am truly a 'lone traveler' and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude..."
    "My political ideal is democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized. It is an irony of fate that I myself have been the recipient of excessive admiration and reverence from my fellow-beings, through no fault, and no merit, of my own. The cause of this may well be the desire, unattainable for many, to understand the few ideas to which I have with my feeble powers attained through ceaseless struggle. I am quite aware that for any organization to reach its goals, one man must do the thinking and directing and generally bear the responsibility. But the led must not be coerced, they must be able to choose their leader. In my opinion, an autocratic system of coercion soon degenerates; force attracts men of low morality... The really valuable thing in the pageant of human life seems to me not the political state, but the creative, sentient individual, the personality; it alone creates the noble and the sublime, while the herd as such remains dull in thought and dull in feeling.
    "This topic brings me to that worst outcrop of herd life, the military system, which I abhor... This plague-spot of civilization ought to be abolished with all possible speed. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds: it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity. In this sense, and only this sense, I am a deeply religious man... I am satisfied with the mystery of life's eternity and with a knowledge, a sense, of the marvelous structure of existence -- as well as the humble attempt to understand even a tiny portion of the Reason that manifests itself in nature


    ps-grow-up.
    you-are-an-illogical-boor

Similar Threads

  1. New experiment
    By ChrisDoyle in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM
  2. 2nd thought experiment
    By doojie in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 08:47 AM
  3. This is an experiment.
    By jonland in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 04:29 AM
  4. SCAM experiment...
    By enlightenment in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 01:17 PM
  5. The Great Experiment
    By Americanadian in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 08:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •