+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Farmers Insurance Sucks!

===================================
    http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/

Farmers Insurance is one of the worst, if not the worst insurance company around as you will see by the many testimonials, lawsuits, allegations, number of complaints and articles on this web site. It is time we take a stand and be heard! :eek:

http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/

Re: Farmers Insurance Sucks!

I had Farmers.. My 4 wheel drive Silverado 3/4 ton pickup was stollen. They drug their feet on the claim for 3 months, knowing I was a contractor and could not work without a pickup. I lost my apartment due to being unable to work, then they all but accused me of having my truck stollen to collect the insurance... WTF? I had over $4000 in uninsured tools in that truck!

Finally they gave me $8000 for a $14,000 pickup, told me I could get 4 wheel drive, extended cab, long bed 3/4 ton pickups 'anywhere' for that, then told me if I wanted to contest the settlement, it would take up to a year. They knew damm well I was homeless already and under duress I had to sign for a check for far less then my pickup was worth.

If I could sue them, I would.... I still feel they owe me another $6000... and maybe something for the pain and suffering I went through due to their business practices. I was treated horribly during the whole thing, after my truck and livelyhood was yanked from me by a car thief. On top of everything else, the premiums I paid on that truck were DOUBLE what I pay now on a truck worth $16,000

I reported them twice to the Texas Dept of Insurance for taking so long on the claim just to get them to even process the claim. TDI had a very low opinion of them and gets so many complaints about Farmers, they were like.. Oh.. Farmers again...

Farmers Insurance Agent Program

The Farmers Insurance Agent Program is really a scam to get as many inexperienced people possible to sign up to be an agent.

At their own expense, agents will be instructed to solicit their friends and family to sell products to. You do have Auto and Home products, but what Farmers really wants you to sell is Life Insurance. The program is designed for you to fail, unless you have unlimited resources to pay for your agency that will have a continual negative income. Its basically a complicated twist on Primerica and World Financial life structures of hiring as many agents as possible and hoping most of them fail. You can also call this a pyramid scheme.

farmers-online.com has contributions of hundereds of ex-famers insurance agents that attest that the program is a complete hoax and farmers will lie and go to any length to take advantage of you.

Re: Farmers Insurance Agent Program

Sorry, "exfig", but your experience is not universal. The only difference between Farmers program and others is that the investment required to get in is lower than with other companies. (Example: Allstate requires 25K up front, and you are paying office rent and a staff person from day one. I could cite others.) Because Farmers has no such requirements, there tends to be more smaller, one man agencies, But my state executive just told the District Managers that recruiting was to be scaled back to just replacing retiring/leaving agents, that any further growth was to be at a rate commensurate with our market share and population growth.
    Farmers may not be for everyone, but it is by no means a scam.

Hey, "router", not getting enough action over on the Wikipedia article you tried to hijack? I know this is an old post, but you and your little Farmers crusade seem to pop up everywhere. Interesting that other companies get a lot more mention on this and other complaint boards than your so-called "Worst Insurance Company in America"...
    Last edited by Buzzards; 05-02-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling error

Farmers Insurance is hands down the worst insurance company in America.
    Look at the ratings by Consumer Reports and JD Edwards (the worst) and number of complaints (the most in many states)

http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsuck...ated_worst.htm

...it's a no brainer. :)

The facts speak for themselves. Farmers Insurance is the worst for consumers and for agents. :eek: Click...

"Facts" can be distorted. Farmers is one of the largest insurers, except on the east coast, so sometimes the absolute numbers are higher than for say, Podunk Insurance. If you look at ratios, the number of complaints divided by premiums paid, Farmers is better than many other national carriers.
    Since Farmers is so big, insuring millions of people, it stands to reason that there will be disputes from time to time. Every large insurer has a gripe site run by someone who felt he should have been given more money. That does override the fact that the great majority of cases are settled quickly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
    The same is true with its agent program. Well over half of the agents who go full-time are still with Farmers five years later, but one disgruntled ex-agent who didn't make it has the power to whip up a website. But just becauase he has a few skills with HTML does not mean that he is the authority on the subject.

The only "no brainer" is between your ears router(boy). Why don't you post the entire rankings instead of picking the areas that ranked lowest? Farmers was not the highest, but they were nowhere near the worst by a long shot.

Consumers can decide for themselves. I am here just to warn them. Read about:

Barbara Martin (click picture to read story)

While you are at it read "Adjusters' scores, determined by how much of the company's money they pay out, are posted in the office. The company (Farmers Insurance) would also offer monthly incentives to pay less. Typical prizes were $25 gift certificates or a pizza party for an adjuster and her team." Read full story at: Former Farmers Insurance Adjuster

Ethel Adams (click picture to read story)

Farmers Insurance is rated worst, read site and you decide if the facts are skewed.....I think you will agree that they are the worst.

:p

Farmers Insurance Agent program is terrible, probabably one of the worst in the industry.
    See Farmers Insurance Agent Information

while you are at it read all the Farmers Insurance Agent Stories

:p

If they read only your gripe site, along with your commentary, of course they will agree. If they conduct a little independent research, they will come to a different conclusion. The examples you cite could come from any of a number of insurance company gripe sites for any of a number of different companies. The largest "bad faith" case in history just concluded last year, and the company involved was not Farmers. Does that make this other company worse?
    The nature of the Insurance business is that there will be disputes from time to time. I'm not naive enough to say that the insurance company is always in the right. But Farmers has always done the right thing by my clients so far. And Farmers claims track record is better than many other national carriers. You won't find that on your site.

Funny, I am a newer agent, and it is working out just fine for me...Maybe the guy who put up the site just didn't use good business sense or crunch the numbers before laying out the big bucks. That's not my fault, nor Farmers...

....or any other site for that matter since it simply isn't true. :D

Interesting you should say that. A quick five minute search leads me to the same J.D. Powers rankings you tout on your site. And guess what? In homeowners insurance (total score), Farmers is ranked higher than: Allied, Auto Club, Liberty Mutual, Hartford, and Travelers. In Auto insurance, Farmer ranked higher than AIG, GMAC, Allied, and Progressive.
    And when I researched the ratio of complaints to total premiums in several states, the total complaint ratio in CA, OR, WA, TX, and KS was superior to: Progressive, Allstate, Safeco, American Family, and AIG.
    I know that one of Farmers management priorities is moving further up these consumer lists, and there are some areas where we (like many other companies) could stand some improvement. But your claim that Farmers is the "worst" does not bear up under even mild scrutiny.

Nationwide Home Warranty Scam / Nationwidehomewarranty.com Scum Sucks complaints
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NATIONWIDE HOME WARRANTY = MUTUAL WARRANTY
    THIS COMPANY IS JUST MUTUAL WARRANTY UNDER A NEW NAME COMING TO RIP US OFF AGAIN. DON'T FALL FOR IT.
    I HAVE POSTED SOME PICTURES BELOW TO SHOW YOU THE PROOF.
    1. THEY HAVE JUST OPENED FOR BUSINESS ON MARCH 7, 2007
    2. THEY DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TO GIVE HEADQUARTERS LOCATION ONLY A PO BOX
    3. THE SAME COMPANY (LOCATED IN PANAMA) CREATED BOTH WEBSITES.
    THIS IS THE FOURTH COMPANY MUTUAL WARRANTY HAS TRIED TO OPEN, US HOME WARRANTIES, PATRIOT HOME WARRANTY, AND HOME COMFORT WARRANTY ARE ALL NOW OUT OF BUSINESS. HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GUY GOING TO TRY TO STEAL OUR HARD EARNED MONEY.
    I TRIED TO CALL TO VERIFY INFORMATION, BUT I GUESS THEY ARE NOT OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY AS THEY CLAIM. I WILL CALL AGAIN AND UPDATE IF THEY EVEN BOTHER TO ANSWER THE PHONES DURING THE DAY.
    DON'T LET THIS VADIM VERVEDA MUTUAL WARRANTY OR WHOEVER THIS GUY IS STEAL OUR MONEY AGAIN. LETS SHUT HIM DOWN AND GET SOMEONE TO PUT HIM IN PRISON. ENOUGH ALREADY.
    LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS BELOW WITH MY NOTES.

Nationwide Home warranty scam ; nationwide home warranty scum ; nationwide home warranty ; nationwidehomewarranty.com scam ; nationwidehomewarranty.com scum ; nationwidehomewarranty.com sucks; nationwidehomewarranty.com complaints ; Patriot home warranty scam ; patriot home warranty scum ; patriot home warranty sucks ; Patriothomewarranty.com scam ; patriothomewarranty.com scum ; patriothomewarranty.com sucks ; Mutual warranty scam ; mutual warranty scum; mutual warranty sucks ; Mutualwarranty.com scam ; mutualwarranty.com scum ; mutualwarranty.com sucks ; home comfort warranty scam ; home comfort warranty scum ; home comfort warranty sucks ; hcwarranty.com scam ; hcwarranty.com scum ; hcwarranty.com sucks ; us home warranties scam ; us home warranties suck ; us home warranties scum ; ushomewarranties.com scam ; ushomewarranties.com suck ; ushomewarranties.com scum ; Royal Home Warranty Scam ; royal home warranty scum ; royal home warranty sucks ; RoyalHomeWarranty.com Scam ; Royalhomewarranty.com scum ; royalhomewarranty.com sucks ;