+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 52

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    why not science scam?

    why is this section not called science scams? as per the common naming of other sections....Obvious bias maybe...opaque....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: why not science scam?

    Because it was created later by one of the moderators, not by the owner. Just like "political chat" and "conspiracy theory zone".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    thanks for the answer, and I dont doubt it...I think it speaks volumes...obviously no linguistic bias here...my mistake!!

  4. #4
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by reentry View Post
    thanks for the answer, and I dont doubt it...I think it speaks volumes...obviously no linguistic bias here...my mistake!!
    What would you consider a "science" scam?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    What would you consider a "science" scam?
    There are plenty of science scams. Wasn't that long ago that someone took out a $100,000 full page ad in the economist looking for investors for their free energy machine.

    Then there are all those deionised waters, or re-ionised waters... the neodynium magnetic blankets... there's a natural medicine clinic down the road from where I used to live that uses "quantum mechanics" to heal you.... lots of other things.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    Kazza is right... but there are many other types that could be discussed...some already have been addressed as best they can be with all the science .
    but the query was if I was the only one who saw a discrepancy in the naming conventions ...
    It seemed to me that the naming was overtly biased in favour of science...

    But evidently it has been suitably explained by Kazza....obviously his explanation all makes sense and shows there is no bias...if you want to believe that ...you are welcome to remain in fairy story land.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    What would you consider a "science" scam?
    Last edited by reentry; 06-04-2009 at 08:02 AM.

  7. #7
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    There are plenty of science scams. Wasn't that long ago that someone took out a $100,000 full page ad in the economist looking for investors for their free energy machine.

    Then there are all those deionised waters, or re-ionised waters... the neodynium magnetic blankets... there's a natural medicine clinic down the road from where I used to live that uses "quantum mechanics" to heal you.... lots of other things.
    Granted. I was thinking this was just another bible-babbler looking to trying to hump his Creation bullshit.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    Sorry LY I have already stated I am not a creationist and do not hold the bible as anything but a selected and collective works of Jesus's followers.......however I do have faith in a God, but that was not the theme of the post...was it,
    It seems you just were not thinking at all...instead you were looking to defend your faith of science.
    i realise i am way too blunt...but I struggle with the inflection...softly softly part of english...so apologies if it seems a little harsh. English requires a lot of dancing rather than addressing the facts. My skills with it are still developing...

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Granted. I was thinking this was just another bible-babbler looking to trying to hump his Creation bullshit.
    Last edited by reentry; 06-02-2009 at 07:44 PM.

  9. #9
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: why not science scam?

    English requires a lot of dancing rather than addressing the facts. My skills with it are still developing....
    Well if that were true, you would be communicating perfectly. So, why don't you drop the phony indignation and condescension and get to your point. Or, just leave.
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 06-04-2009 at 03:57 AM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    I did ..try reading LY.....you didnt understand as usual and jumped before your brain was engaged...and then others on this post noticed ..reminded you and you acknowledged your error to kazza ... but it was me you actually were in error too...........I did try to explain nicely...
    Zealotry is ugly whether religious based or science based....there is room for both faiths in my veiw and also scams in both..
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Well if that were true, you would be communicating perfectly. So, why don't you drop the phony indignation and condescension and get to your point. Or, just leave.
    Last edited by reentry; 06-04-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: too harsh...i sounded like LY for a minute...

  11. #11
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    There are plenty of science scams. Wasn't that long ago that someone took out a $100,000 full page ad in the economist looking for investors for their free energy machine.

    Then there are all those deionised waters, or re-ionised waters... the neodynium magnetic blankets... there's a natural medicine clinic down the road from where I used to live that uses "quantum mechanics" to heal you.... lots of other things.
    Yes... but many of those fit in other categories like investment scams or retail scams too.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    straw men everywhere...any rational or logically capable adults around?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Yes... but many of those fit in other categories like investment scams or retail scams too.
    Last edited by reentry; 06-04-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: references

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by reentry View Post
    straw men everywhere...any rational or logically capable adults around?
    well as far as your concerned, I quess not. Your new here and your busy putting everyone down...if this site doesn't meet your criteria...feel free to move on...somehow I won't be too upset nor will anybody else!!!!


    :zx11pissed:
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

  14. #14
    Lord_jag's Avatar
    Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,796

    Re: why not science scam?

    Quote Originally Posted by reentry View Post
    straw men everywhere...any rational or logically capable adults around?
    If you only had a brain....
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    dont doubt it...you and your fellow club members are constantly wrong and bigoted. and delusional ..feel free to actually read the thread...before you comment next time...but you have explained how your gut is more accurate than 20 or so peer reviewed studies over a 5 yr period that I posted in another thread.. havent you....Personally I would be happy for the thread to go back to the orginal theme...I guess I should not hold you accountable or responsible for your words...as it makes you uncomfortable...
    ...yes I see that logic..
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    well as far as your concerned, I quess not. Your new here and your busy putting everyone down...if this site doesn't meet your criteria...feel free to move on...somehow I won't be too upset nor will anybody else!!!!


    :zx11pissed:
    Last edited by reentry; 06-04-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling and too harsh

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    530

    Re: why not science scam?

    yes well..pity it was you who was shown to be wong yet again isnt it......but nice try at salvaging some of your ego ... like I said originally ....try reading the thread or contributing......
    I hope you realise that LY, P and yourself are actually poster boys/girls for my argument and make my point about the overt bias for me.....thanks..
    I doubt you will be able to comprehend why...but thank you anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    If you only had a brain....
    Last edited by reentry; 06-04-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: too harsh

Similar Threads

  1. Science Channel Support our Science Contest?
    By Contest Scams in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. Science Advisory Board Scam ?
    By SCAMS in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 03:52 PM
  3. Biggest Science Scam Ever!
    By BarackZero in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 09:00 PM
  4. bottled water science scam
    By reentry in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 01:55 AM
  5. NASA piling garbage science on science fraud
    By aguest in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •