+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius

Sirius

:) I'd like to thank those who are willing to help.

Feel free to hang around here. Our discussion thread has just been launched. You may post your nonsense, greetings, jokes, crazy ideas, or introduce yourself, or talk to others, make a friend, etc.

Everything is not yet concrete. If you want, you can start a serious discussion, voice your opinions, give suggestions.

And if you have someone to help, or if you have a case to solve (that is a scam website to deal with)
    Use the manual here:
    http://www.stochasticsoccer.com/sirius/manual.html

Serious matter:

After you read the link, you should be able to roughly get an idea what "Sirius" is going to be.

If you still think you are interested, then you are now one of the founders of "Sirius". Our first task is to formulate a basis for other volunteers to follow.

We will build/do the following:
    (1) A website with all the information we want to convey including a search-able Scam Database.

We already have two Scam Database:
    http://wiki.aa419.org/index.php/Main_Page - 419 scams
    http://www.stochasticsoccer.com/kakarukeys/ - hyip scams

there are many others on the internet, but most of them are poorly maintained

(2) instructions on how to use the methods/tools.
    fill in the instructions on the Manual:

(3) New methods/tools, including a tool for automatic composition of scam complaints/reports (using javascript, see example)
    IMPORTANT. As the best way to shut down scam website is to write and send abuse complaints.
    Using an automatic composition script will save a lot of time.

(4) Recruit more helpful volunteers.
    What I'm doing right now.

We are not restricted to these 4. If you think you can contribute in other way, do it.

It's perfectly alright if you can't help the above because you do not think you have the necessary skills to do so.
    Just do what you think is comfortable, suitable to you. Use the resources of Sirius and follow the spirit of Sirius to fight scams.

Do not let the scale of the project makes you falter, as this is just the beginning, difficulties are expected.
    Last edited by kakarukeys; 04-13-2006 at 04:18 AM.
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

Re: Sirius

I think the first order of business is to get the law on all this. We do not want to be sued by the wealthy scammers we will be exposing. We need the current law on our side! What do you thin kabout starting a new and clear thread called sirius and figuring out the law we will be using. If you guys want to use illigal methods like flooding, hacking and so forth, count me out because I have two little presious girls and want to stay all, G rated! In my personal opinion, fighting scam is hard and sometimes is good to use undercover methods. Those could still be legal. We have to research!
    The first issue to debate would be "should we use the 'unconventional methods') against scammer?"
    Until we come to a conclusion, we will not use them.

3 standpoints:
    (1) NO. dont get yourself into trouble.

(2) YES. Why not, we save people. We do it in a stealthy way and leave no trace.

(3) We design an argument that legalizes the 'unconventional method', such as
    Bandwidth usage? Isn't that a Denial of Service (DoS) attack?
    We may need to consult a lawyer.
    Last edited by kakarukeys; 04-13-2006 at 04:03 AM.
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

Well I have concerns with your Unconventional Methods. ;)

I'm pretty sure that Sirius is a registered trademark. You might want to look for a different name. They probably wouldn't want their name to be associated with your organization.

Quote Originally Posted by xstr8guy
    I'm pretty sure that Sirius is a registered trademark. You might want to look for a different name. They probably wouldn't want their name to be associated with your organization.
    Any expert opinion? I don't think this is a problem.

(1) Our organization is not a (satellite radio) business.
    (2) Sirius is a common word.

Sirius (α CMa / α Canis Majoris / Alpha Canis Majoris) is the brightest star in the nighttime sky, with a visual apparent magnitude of −1.46. It is located in the constellation Canis Major. Its name comes from the Latin sīrius, from Greek σείριος (seirios, "glowing" or "scorcher"). As the major star of the "Big Dog" constellation, it is often called the "Dog Star".
    You can't register a common word as a trademark and forbid others from using it can you?
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

I Wish you all luck and hope that you are actually able to make a difference. I hope you don't really have your heart set on Sirius, seeing as how there already is a Very large company by that name. How about 'ScamBusters'? or 'Scamtracker' or 'ScamScram' or something like that, the name really should have the word Scam in it somewhere to make it loud and clear what the focus of your activities will be.

OF course as soon as you start takin action against your first scam your Message thread is going to be immediately invaded by large numbers of Cheerleaders who will turn this thread into an incoherent mess with your information buried within hundreds or even thousands of posts of disinformation.

As far as your mention of unconventional methods to fight scams, you absolutley must NOT do anything that is not strictly legal. You will most certainly not get away with it in the first place and find yourselves on the wrong end of a civil or criminal court proceeding, but your organization will lose any credibility it may have earned and ruin any chance of ever developing some sort of cooperative relationship with law enforcement. Even though you might be tempted if the opportunity ever presents itself, remember that you most certainly are going to have people pretending to be intersted in fighting scams who join up in order to keep close tabs on your activities. You can bet these members will not hesitate to blow the whistle on any improprieties that occurr. They may even go so far as to suggest and offer to assist, do not fall for this.

I would like to suggest one unconventional (but legal) form of fighting scams that I know from experience can be effective. I came to this message board by accident in mid January right in the middle of the 12DailyPro scam. Within a week I had the whole thing pretty much figured out, stating in the 12Dailypro Thread that is was fairly evident to me that 12Dailypro.com and Stormpay.com and NetIBE.com were all part of the scam program, the actual Ponzi was 12DailyPro, Stormpay.com was the means by which the scammers laundered millions of dollars of illegal profits by turning them into 'Transaction Fees', And NetIBE (owned by the same man who owns Stormpay) had the dual function of making it appear that 12Dailypro and Stormpay were 'Certified' by an independant and supposedly unbiased agency and also to collect personal data on the Stormpay Account holders (Stormpay account holders were offered a discount on the extemely high transaction fees if they would submit all their personal information to NetIBE and become NEtIBE 'Certified' and a large number of them did so) This accountholder information was used to allow Stormpay to to gain access to many of the account holders bank accounts and take back money which had been paid to them. I am not sure but I feel strongly that this Database of the Stormpay account holders (Real names, Addresses, Phone numbers And perhaps SS and other vital data) will either be used in the future to commit identity theft crime, or perhaps even be used as a mailing list full of people who are the sort willing to risk money on an Internet Ponzi Scam. I typed up a report of my findings together with links showing that Stormpay was originally created for the sole puepose of funding an investment scam, and that the same man owned NetIBE, etc, and sent them off to FBI, SEC, Various Reporters who began reporting on the scam as it was falling apart, but as far as I know none of it was even read and I never got back a response back. Perhaps it Was read and it was already information which they were aware of, Maybe they didn't beleive it untill the whole thing came unravelled.

To Summarize I suggest that the FIRST goal of your scambusting club (after deciding on a name lol) should be to locate somebody working somewhere within the Law enforcment agency that investigates internet and securities fraud who you can contact in person and discuss any fraudulent activity you believe you may have discovered. If you cannot find a member of Law enforcement the next best thing is a member of the media, perhaps a nespaper editor or columnist willing to write a couple paragraphs on the scam if you present him with convincing evidence. If you can get it into the Media you can be sure that Law Enforcment will look into it and perhaps be willing to listen in the future.

Finally, in the course of my investigations I did alot of Google-ing. And one thing that I noticed right away is that if I googled '12dailypro' the results page would have TWO links at the top above the search results: A link to 12DailyPro and a link to Stormpay. Likewise if you googled Stormpay the results page would have the 12DailyPro link and the Stormpay link at the top. These sort of Sponsored links are PAID for by the people running the scam. IF you take a look at the 'RULES' that scams like 12Dailypro had for iits participants, they forbid any member from doing any sort of 'Spam' activity to try and get people to sign up, anyone doing so will have all their accounts closed and lose their money. They HAVE to do this because if there was alot of 12Dailypro Spam going around it would get noticed by the wrong sort of people and shut down alot sooner. As such they have to rely on posts in message boards, Paid advertising in search engines like Google and Yahoo, word of mouth, and of course the NETIBE user database if they still have it.

Now IF anyone doesn't believe me I can forward a copy of the email I recieved from Google to prove I am telling the truth, but after I was sure that the whole thing was a scam I startrd grtting a littlr pissed about seeing all these links to the Scam right on Google and mailed them everything I found out and told them that they were helping to promote illegal fraudulent activity by letting the scam advertise on their search engine. Google was the one and only place that I actually got a response back from, and their email was an acknowledment, an apology, and stated that they had removed the advertising for both 12dailypro and Stormpay from Google.

It was really too late to make much difference but in the future, when you identify a scam, Target their internet advertising wherever you find it, Expecially the big search engines like Google and Yahoo, Google will remove advertising if you can show them it is for a scam and although I didn't think to try it I am pretty sure the other search engines will also. Attacking their advertising EARLY in the scam development MIGHT choke off the development of a pyramid and force it to collapse earlier.

Of course if that doesn't work you could try Spamming the White House and Pentagon with invitations to invest in the new Scam of the Day and GET RICH QUICK! That would be Wrong though, certainly should never do anything like that. :cool:

As far as your mention of unconventional methods to fight scams, you absolutley must NOT do anything that is not strictly legal. You will most certainly not get away with it in the first place and find yourselves on the wrong end of a civil or criminal court proceeding, but your organization will lose any credibility it may have earned and ruin any chance of ever developing some sort of cooperative relationship with law enforcement. Even though you might be tempted if the opportunity ever presents itself, remember that you most certainly are going to have people pretending to be intersted in fighting scams who join up in order to keep close tabs on your activities. You can bet these members will not hesitate to blow the whistle on any improprieties that occurr. They may even go so far as to suggest and offer to assist, do not fall for this.
    Your logic is clear. Fighting the scam through illegal means is like using poision to neutralize another poison. Although one has good intention, one who acts in this way is unable to gain credibility from the general public. I will modify the working principles on the Manual accordingly, if no further opinion is voiced.

Your next concern is unnecessary worry. I check all posts made by whoever wants to volunteer and join us to make sure they have no other intention beside willing to fight for our goal. It is very difficult to fool me. I imagine a scammer who would like to spy on our activities could try writing several posts denouncing the acts of scam before approaching me. But that is too obvious to spot.

To Summarize I suggest that the FIRST goal of your scambusting club (after deciding on a name lol) should be to locate somebody working somewhere within the Law enforcment agency that investigates internet and securities fraud who you can contact in person and discuss any fraudulent activity you believe you may have discovered. If you cannot find a member of Law enforcement the next best thing is a member of the media, perhaps a nespaper editor or columnist willing to write a couple paragraphs on the scam if you present him with convincing evidence. If you can get it into the Media you can be sure that Law Enforcment will look into it and perhaps be willing to listen in the future.
    That is always what I am seeking, someone who has connections with law enforcement agency/media to help us. I believe in future, our influence will attract people with these advantages to join us. At this point of time, we will rely on the internet and this popular forum to spread our message and carry out our missions.

It was really too late to make much difference but in the future, when you identify a scam, Target their internet advertising wherever you find it, Expecially the big search engines like Google and Yahoo, Google will remove advertising if you can show them it is for a scam and although I didn't think to try it I am pretty sure the other search engines will also. Attacking their advertising EARLY in the scam development MIGHT choke off the development of a pyramid and force it to collapse earlier.
    In fact, to get the best result, we simultaneously target every possible weakness a scam website has and use every possible method we know. As shown in the Manual,

We send abuse complaints to its host, its domain registrar, its e-currency service provider, its email service provider, its advertising provider (I will add this), etc simultaneously. If there is no response from any of those, we will send again and again until they react.

Your experience with 12 daily pro case is certainly very useful to a newly founded scam-fighting organization. It has just given me some new insights. Would you like to lend your ability to us?
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

You can't register a common word as a trademark and forbid others from using it can you?
    Yes you can. The Poetry Foundation, which has owned the trademark to the word "poetry" for almost a century, is suing an Iowa City business for allegedly squatting on its cyberturf at poetry-dot-org.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDesRochers
    Yes you can. The Poetry Foundation, which has owned the trademark to the word "poetry" for almost a century, is suing an Iowa City business for allegedly squatting on its cyberturf at poetry-dot-org.
    :)
    Don't worry! We and Sirius Satellite Radio do not have common interest, there should be no conflict. There are also Sirius Corp (The Open Source Experts) and Sirius community (Educational center for ecological and spiritual living founded by Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin) out there.

When we want to register a domain name, we will avoid sirius.org and probably use siriusclan.org
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

I plan to start a campaign against a website promoting hundreds of ponzi schemes on the internet, that website is ranked very high in Google Search. This will also be the first project of Sirius. I will outline the plan in private messages to all volunteers.
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

Quote Originally Posted by kakarukeys
    Don't worry! We and Sirius Satellite Radio do not have common interest, there should be no conflict. There are also Sirius Corp (The Open Source Experts) and Sirius community (Educational center for ecological and spiritual living founded by Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin) out there.

When we want to register a domain name, we will avoid sirius.org and probably use siriusclan.org
    I wasn't worried. LOL I was just stating the facts to answer your question. Sirius is a common used word. :D

Well looks good so far, keep it up~

Quote Originally Posted by RoseDesRochers
    I wasn't worried. LOL I was just stating the facts to answer your question. Sirius is a common used word. :D
    I see. Did "The Poetry Foundation" win the case? If they did not, then my speculation is true.
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

Go have a look at this place here MatrixWatch
    This appears to me a fairly large group doing volunteer work to fight internet scams. You could join forces with them perhaps, or just move your thread over to their forum if the 'Cheerleaders' make am impossible mess out of things over here. They DO have ALOT of legal information and established procedures about HOW to fight an illegal scam once you have discovered one.

I signed up for a Stormpay account earlier so I could find out what exactly their new 'Stormclix.com' program was all about, getting 'Paid to Surf' kind of sounds familiar I think.

During the signup I was reading the terms of service agreement and it appears that as of sometime in late March Stormpay accounts cannot be used to pay for anything except items purchased on Stormpay Auctions. They said this was so they could better serve their auction customers, but my money says the SEC slapped them with an injunction for their actions in the 12DailyPro scam.

Their StormPay Auctions list a total of 5547 items, about half of them are actually for something REAL, the other half being a mixture of information on 'Get Rich schemes, work at home scams, and 'Matrix Auctions'...

The Stormclix thing is really kind of funny in a sad twisted sort of way...A page full of nothing but advertisments for SCAMS comes up and I get a penny for each page I open up and leave open for 20 seconds. (Make money while you sleep, prepare emails for cash, epayhits.com--Finally a legitimate autosurf!! lol.) IT would appear that after Stormpay's success paying money into and out of (but mostly into) 12DailyPro, it is now a really HOT place to advertise if you are trying to start up a scam.

There is a link that says I would have access to higher paying Ad-Clicks if I choose to become NETIBA certified, but I am going to hold out and see if they mail me the first check for $0.08 first.

:cool:

Great site.
    Updated the manual. Included their tools.

Isn't stormclix, together with stormpay, 12dailypro now under investigation by SEC. What do you plan to do with stormclix?
    Ponzi Scams are 100 to 1

The more antiscam groups the better. :)
    I still think we need couple of rich lawyers on our side. Unfortunately rich lawers don't seem to want to fight scam for nothing like we do! :)
    There is no way to become rich by running scams unless you have joined the Dark Side