+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Easy Tweet Profits / Fast Twitter Profits Scam

Pretty much using the same template as the Easy Google Profits scam:

This one uses the website: easytweetprofits.com

As per usual the terms and conditions are on a separate page and are where you will find that there are ongoing monthly charges of $47. All charges are payable in United States currency, and such Fees will appear on your Active Credit Card bill as “CpiPay.com.”

Strangely the privacy policy refers to emillionaire LLC - wasn't that another scam?

However if you try to find the terms and conditions from the order page you get a file not found error - and of course there is no mention of the monthly charges on the order page.

The domain easytweetprofits.com was registered on 29th April 09 and the owners name is hidden using domains by proxy. However the IP Location is Florida - Tampa.

Funnily enough emillionaire are in Tampa Florida and have used cpipay.com as a payment processor in the past. Coincidence??

The site refers to EasyTweetProfits, LLC yet gives a UK address:
    EasyTweetProfits
    7 Petworth Road
    Haslemere, Surry GU27 2JB

A Google search gives this address as belonging to
    "Serendipity Antiques & Crafts Centre"
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Seren...ient=firefox-a

Although the comment on this page makes interesting reading:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...87&postcount=2

The contact phone number given is 1-866-315-2577
    which this website claims is Bank of America! :
    http://www.phonetray.net/Search.aspx?n=8663157101&wp=2

The scams just keep on coming!
    Last edited by ukscambuster; 05-31-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Re: Easy Tweet Profits / Fast Twitter Profits Scam

I'm a affiliate marketer and make money online but it took me a while till I signed up to Twitter.

Just couldn't get the idea behind it.

Now, using it a while, I can see the potential to build a group of people with the same interests.

Using Twitter as SUPPOSED is a good idea, as you can chat with your followers in a fast and fun way.

But thinking that Twitter is a cash machine, where you can use some software to build 20'000 followers, all buying stuff from you is a joke.

This will NOT work and a membership site based on THIS ONLY is a pure BS and a scam. Most probably you will get there inside some basic affiliate marketer crash course for that they have a argument for the monthly fee.

Twitter is a Web 2.0 site, as well named Micro blogging. It's interesting if you are a Biz owner, a Author or Publisher, a model or a film star etc. - you can build a follower community on a fly.

Use it like this and maybe, when you have a good profile, you can make some money. It's to get ADDED traffic to your biz.

G.
    Personal invitation for 10 days FREE at Wealthy Affiliate. Limited time full access WITHOUT paying a Cent Read first a Review HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

ABSOLUTE SCAM!!!!
    They will also send your information to other sites and it is impossible to get off of their lists. I have spent over 2 hours today on the phone with Twitter people as well as multiple other companies.

This # was the only one where I found anyone semi-helpful and semi-fluent in English.

Also stay away from GOOGLEPROFITS. Another terribly deceiving plot.

If you google Easy Tweet Profits they show up 3rd (just ahead of complaintsboard.com) behind this thread and a review which starts with this statement:

"Some rumors have been floating around about the Easy Tweet Profits system and some people are calling it a scam. It is title’s like that which really tick me off. Take a look at any program that you have found that works and go to Google and type the word “scam” after the phrase. You will almost ALWAYS find some site or person calling it a scam. It doesn’t matter who the creator was, even if it was Bill Gates."

True, but if you leave out the word scam and still find most of the links warning against them, there's not much confusion. Always best to google it before you make a decision.
    Profit Lance Automated Wealth Course - Teaching you the long term skills that will guarantee internet sucess.

Fill out quick surveys and complete offers to earn yourself a little extra cash at TreasureTrooper.com - it's fast, easy and free!

Quote Originally Posted by revJonny View Post
    a review which starts with this statement:

"Some rumors have been floating around about the Easy Tweet Profits system and some people are calling it a scam.
    A Google search for Easy Tweet Profits:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Easy+...ient=firefox-a

Shows two sites on the first page of results claiming to offer an "official review" - whatever that is suppossed to mean - (as they are both just affiliates promoting Easy Tweet Profits). Both of their links are via Peerfly which is a CPA affiliate network advertising Twitter Profits. (peerfly.com) (Other CPA networks running this offer include: RevenueLoop; CPA Underground; Affiliate Venture Group and Triad Media).

If you look up the two sites with the "official" reviews on whois; the owner of one is in South Africa and the other is in Romania.

http://whois.domaintools.com/monkeyprofit.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/raduantohi.com

I would love to know how they can do a review of a "product" which by their own admission they have not even seen!
    "Easy Tweet Profits is a product that draw my attention - too bad I can’t put my hands on it since I’m not from the US/UK/CA"

Clearly these websites positive "reviews" of the "offer" only stems from the fact that they are interested in the $30 commission they get from Peerfly for every person they con into signing-up for a $1.95 shipping "Fast Twitter Profits trial kit".

Odd how neither of the reviews mentions the ongoing charges you get within 7 days of ordering (most likely before you even receive the 'kit').

Funny how they both use exactly the same words in their "review":

"So lets get back to the Easy Tweet Profits system, is it a scam or is the program legit?

Until otherwise proven, the Easy Tweet Profits system is legit and no official complaints have been found nor has any been reported. "

No official complaints huh? Not sure what an "official" complaint is but how about this warning from the Better Business Bureau (BBB):

Better Business Bureau consumer warning:
    http://www.morningsun.net/organizati...nsumer-warning

Or this comment from an employee of Twitter:
    "Be extremely careful when giving your credit card to any service like this. Many of these services are attempts to scam and defraud twitter users."
    http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/t...witter_profits

-
    Last edited by ukscambuster; 07-02-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks for posting this info, I've already come across so many of these and it's all the same thing.

This is an exact copy of the Google scams all they're really after is your credit card info once they get that they start billing you an insane amount every month.

The worst part is that they keep changing they're websites, for instance before it was the Google scams now they've moved on to twitter but they're still using the same tactics and wont stop in the foreseeable future.

I found a review of another one that is a complete scam, Twitter Profit House, the guy posted pics so that you'll know which ones to watch out for, there's a list of a bunch of these fake twitter programs so you can see which ones to avoid.

Be careful out there and always check sites like this first.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic333 View Post
    I found a review of another one that is a complete scam, Twitter Profit House, the guy posted pics so that you'll know which ones to watch out for, there's a list of a bunch of these fake twitter programs so you can see which ones to avoid.
    How did you 'find' your own site (it's in your signature!) and why are you talking about yourself in the third person? :bah:

Quote Originally Posted by ukscambuster View Post
    How did you 'find' your own site (it's in your signature!) and why are you talking about yourself in the third person? :bah:
    Because his name is Dan David and he can get away with talking in the third person, because that is not his real name.
    His program only charges you 43.00$ USD a month, but delivers more "stuff" that you can get for free anywhere on the internet.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Quote Originally Posted by gregw2 View Post
    Because his name is Dan David and he can get away with talking in the third person, because that is not his real name.
    His program only charges you 43.00$ USD a month, but delivers more "stuff" that you can get for free anywhere on the internet.
    I thought his name was Steven Albright?
    http://www.reviewopedia.com/general/about-me.htm

Not the first time he has claimed to have "found" his own site:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showp...46&postcount=8

Steve, why not just be honest and say "there is another Twitter Profits scam called Twitter Profit House - I wrote about it on my site. After all if you claim to have found something written by some "guy" and the link you found is the same as the site in your signature it's obvious you didn't "find" it and that the "guy" is you!!

I thought his name was Steven Albright?
    http://www.reviewopedia.com/general/about-me.htm

Not the first time he has claimed to have "found" his own site:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showp...46&postcount=8

Steve, why not just be honest and say "there is another Twitter Profits scam called Twitter Profit House - I wrote about it on my site. After all if you claim to have found something written by some "guy" and the link you found is the same as the site in your signature it's obvious you didn't "find" it and that the "guy" is you!!
    My mistake. It is Steve Albright, I was referring to the actual site not his review of the site.
    I have received some requests about Twitter Cash Kit in emails that I have investigated and it is another one out of Prosper Inc in Provo UT.

This Twitter Profits scam is currently being advertised via this fake newspaper site:

http://www.chicago-businessnews.com/?scam
    This site links to the Prosper University people out of Provo Utah. I know that these people are linking together and sharing information. But I do not know how. It is just too obvious that their site designs and their fake newspaper sites are all so similar.

BBB Warns Against Twitter Money-Making Schemes:

“Twitter is the newest bright shiny object online and a perfect hook for yet another work-at-home scheme,” said Steve Cox, BBB spokesperson. “The pitch used to be about making money by sending e-mails or by placing ads on Google but now cash-strapped job hunters need to be wary of shelling out money for a dubious scheme that revolves around Twitter.”

One e-mail picked up by BBB stated: “Twitter Workers Needed ASAP, You're Hired! Make Extra Cash with Twitter; As seen on USA Today, CNN, and ABC... Apply Now!”

The e-mail links to EasyTweetProfits.com, a company out of Surrey, England. EasyTweetProfits.com claims you can make $250-$873 a day working at home with Twitter. The Web site offers a seven-day free trial of their instructional CD-ROM for $1.95 to cover shipping. Buried in the lengthy terms and conditions are the details that the trial begins on the day the CD is ordered—not when it is received—and if the consumer doesn’t cancel within seven days of signing up, they’ll be charged $47 every month.

Similar to other work-from-home schemes, phony blogs by made-up individuals have been created as testimonials to the success of Twitter-money-making programs. www.Make-money-on-twitter.com is one such phony blog—supposedly by a Derrick Clark of Virginia—where the author brags about making up to $5,000 a month posting links to Twitter. The blog also includes an image of the supposed check Derrick received for posting links on Twitter, but the exact same photo of the check has been used countless times on other phony blogs for various suspect work-at-home jobs.

The blog links to TwitterProfitHouse.com which, similar to EasyTweetProfits.com, claims you can make $250-$873 a day working at home and offers a seven-day free trial of their instructional CD-ROM, for $1.99 shipping. Again, however, reading the fine print shows that the trial period starts once the CD has been ordered and the consumer will be billed $99.99 every month if they don’t call the company to cancel.

Full article: http://www.bbb.org/us/article/bbb-wa...-schemes-11368

-

Another deceptive Twitter offer.

Fast Cash from Twitter:

http://www.fastcashfromtwitternow.com/?scam

The twist with this one is instead of asking $1.95 for some "kit" they charge you $49.95 (or $39.95 if you click the back button to try and leave the page)

It also says:

Diiscreet billing. No hidden charges.
    One Time Billing. Safe & Secure.

This is a one-time fee only. You will never be
    re-billed.

But when you get to the next page (payment) there is a form to fill in your name, address, credit card details and a pay now button. But below the fold (you have to scroll down to see it) is written in the small print:

"By submitting an order, You automatically receive a 30-day trial to the Internet Wealth Club . Your 30-day trial begins immediately upon placing your order. Once the customer's trial is active you have 30 days to decide whether to accept Your Subscription. Prior to the expiration of the 30-day trial period, You may cancel Your subscription by calling toll-free at 1-866-717-1240, or by writing to 120 EGLINTON AVE EAST SUITE 500, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA M4P 1E2. Should You fail to cancel Your Subscription within the 30 day trial, you will be billed $69.90 30 days from the Trial Start date and every month thereafter for Your monthly Subscription unless canceled by You."

Hang on, what about "No hidden charges.
    One Time Billing. Safe & Secure.

This is a one-time fee only. You will never be
    re-billed. "

This "offer" pays CPA affiliates a commission of $55.00 on the Clickbooth affiliate network.
    http://www.findaffiliateoffers.com/i...search=twitter
    But the "product" only costs $49.95 (or $39.95 if you navigate away from the order page) - so obviously they are expecting most people to miss the ongoing monthly charges in the small print (as you would only see it if you scrolled down and the way the page is designed makes it look like the entire page is displayed, so most people would not scroll down).

So, if they pay each affiliate $55, they have to pay Clickbooth's network fees on top of that plus the cost of processing the order (credit card company charges) so they are losing money on each order knowing that they will make it back from the rebills that most people won't discover until they get their credit card statement! Plus probably selling your name, address and phone number to who knows who?

Some interesting statements in their terms and conditions too:

These Terms of Use will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of Mauritius. :cwm2:

BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY COMPANY DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER [COMPANY] OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. :cwm2:

One to avoid.

-

I have visited the Easy Twitter Cash scam site and the T&C has changed, although it shows that it was modified on June 17th it has been modified within the last week, so that is a lie.
    It no longer has the Prosper Inc or Prosper University mentioned anywhere that I can see. It only mentions T63 Pure Nature Products, LLC and Health-Tracker.com.
    It only leaves one connection to a physical address and that is:
    Please return all product to:
    51 West Center Street #622, Orem, UT, 84057.
    I started posting their connection with Prosper out of Provo UT about one week ago, on two different sites as well as three different threads, and since those postings they have removed the Prosper connections from their T&C page. Maybe this is coincidence, maybe not.
    Something or someone caused them to modify their Terms & Conditions and exclude the Prosper connections, making it more difficult to uncover who is really behind the scam site, and more difficult to contact anyone.
    It could have been due to all of the calls for refunds that they have received. Or, possibly, they do not want the (good:rotz:) name of Prosper identified with their own products anymore. That (good) is a joke, by the way.
    No matter what the reason is for changing the Terms and Conditions the offer is still a scam. You are paying a one time fee for the shipping of a CD and then being charged for not one but two memberships that bill your credit card account two separate charges each month.

[quote]:In the event you do not cancel within six days after you order your trial product, you will be automatically enrolled in our convenient subscription plan and your credit card will be charged $84.79 for access to the website. Thereafter, 30 days from your initial order, you will be billed the monthly charge of $49.87 each month.
    You are also enrolling in our Health Tracker Program. The first 30 days from your signup date is free. If you like the Health Tracker Program, do nothing, and we will bill your credit card $6.82 per month for the subscription. If you are not satisfied, you may cancel this service at any time by cancelling at health-tracker.com with no further obligations.[end quote].

What does Health Tracker have to do with Twitter Cash and making money from Twitter?
    It has nothing to do with it. They are just hoping that even if you cancel the Twitter Cash scam you will never notice the smaller billing of $6.82 a month, and in this way they can steal more money from you for a longer period of time.
    They also state:
    [quote]You can cancel at any time during the six day trial period by unsubscribing at our website at http://twitterpaydays.com/help [end quote]

I have not heard of any success with this type of cancellation yet. They no longer list any phone numbers or email addresses so if you have not yet purchased from this site then do not.
    If you have already signed up then contact your billing company immediately and get a charge back started and then cancel your credit or debit card.
    Here is a link to the Twitter getsatisfaction.com site where some people have complained about their confusion:http://getsatisfaction.com/twitter/t...itter_cash_kit
    It also has a link back to this site.

Twitterpaydays.com
    Twitter Cash Kit
    Easy Twitter Cash
    All of these are scams as well as the ones that Ukscmabuster has listed:
    Easy Tweet Profits
    Fast Twitter Profits

Some are definitely linked to the same people, others seem to be coming from the UK, or elsewhere. It is nearly impossible to tell sometimes because some sites cloak by use of proxy servers. The one thing that they all share for certain is that they are scam sites that have nothing what so ever to do with Twitter.
    Their only purpose is to rip people off, and steal your hard earned money, over and over again, until they are finally shut down, or change their name.
    Last edited by gregw2; 07-14-2009 at 02:52 AM.