+ Reply to Thread

My Favorite Resorts and Maria Rosso

I am hoping that somebody out here has heard of Maria Rosso and My Favorite Resorts. She has made a mess of things for the Timeshare Rental business for quite a few families. She confirms them a vacation in Sedona, AZ, collects full payment up front and simply drops the ball from there. I have had 6, count them six families arrive at my resort with a letter in hand from Maria Rosso but no reservation because she never booked it. Either she has no idea how to run her business or she is running a fraudulent business. Anybody with additional information needs to spread the word that people need to avoid her at all costs. She never returns calls, has not done one thing right so far, she needs to be black balled.
    I have been in touch with several people as far away as Florida who are out $4,500 because of her fraudulent practices. Anybody knowing of her whereabouts are urged to contact me so I can contact the people I know who have been victimized.

Re: My Favorite Resorts and Maria Rosso

You might want to check out this site that lists a slug of complaints against her. Also do a Google search on her name with "timeshare" after it and see what all comes up. There are laws in certain states that have a Seller of Travel of law. Report her to those states. They'll deal with her and it won't be pleasant.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...n_Rentals.html
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

I appreciate the information. I hope the AZ Dept of Real Estate can put the clamp on her, if they can find her. Her place of business and residence is either Florida or Virginia. Cross your fingers that we track her down so that she is brought to justice.

check out the current discussion about this Maria Rosso on Tripadvisor for Williamsburg in Virginia.

Thanks for the lead, I am hoping to continue to spread the word so others will learn of her practices. I am not one to hold grudges, however I do believe that you reap what you sew.:

IF you are interested, i spoke to the US Postal Inspection Service today, i was told that this is "wire " fraud rather than "mail" fraud.
    They were very happy to hear my case and asked that i e-mail all the information to them.
    If anyone would like to be added to the contact list, just e-mail me your information and i will include you in my case.
    The more support and the more people scammed, the stronger the case we will have. Additionally, the Inspection Service volunteered to pass Marias information onto the IRS. Because of the fact that she is not paying out our money, and just pocketing it, most likely she is not claiming it as income.
    So now we have a FELONY wire fraud as well as tax evasion case against Maria Rosso, including her associates.
    My next step is to shut her down on Paypal as well as contact her bank with the complaint of conducting fraud through that bank.
    most likely the bank will want to disassociate themselves from her business, and not get caught up in the federal investigation.
    [email protected]

If you have a Capital One credit card, as i did for my 50% deposit, you can call the credit card company and get a refund.
    Thanks to my wife for remembering that Paypal uses my credit card.
    We have recouped 50%. Better than nothing, AND now Capital One will be persuing her as well.

Incase anyone is looking for her....she lives in Pompano Beach, FL with her husband Danny. She is a regular drunk at most of the bars in town. Generally wearing clothes that look like they were borrowed from her 20 year old daughter. She recently scammed a group of about 20 guys that come into town for a golf outting this weekend every year. I know that they called the cops on her and had her cornered in the hotel. I'm not sure if she went to jail or not, but rumor has it she did. So, if you are looking for her....you now know where to find her.

Maria was arrested!!!!:judges::judges::judges:
    See e-mail sent me from:

Please be advised that Maria Rosso has been arrested by the Broward Sheriffs Office in Pompano Beach, Florida. Also be advised that I am collecting victim complaint affidavits. Please complete the enclosed and return to us with the requested documentation (ASAP). To expedite response, you may fax the notarized affidavit/documents to me at the fax number listed below and mail the original to my address.
    Thank you for your cooperation in this investigation. Should you have any questions, please contact me via email at: [email protected]

Detective John Calabro
    Broward Sheriff's Office
    Regional Investigations, Economic Crime Unit
    2601 W. Broward Boulevard, Suite 2501
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
    Please e-mail for an affidavit.
    Fax 954-321-4331
    Last edited by G_Cnj; 10-12-2009 at 08:09 AM.

10. 10-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Reason
    duplicate

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1167154.story

go here to see story in the local paper.

We were lately scammed by Maria Rosso in Williamsburg. She took our money and didn't make a reservation for us at the Wyndham Kingsgate in Williamsburg. She should be put out of business now.

Christi, maria has not gone to court ,,yet on the grand theft charges. It was postponed. here is the info to contact the police. you need to tell them your story and get on the band wagon. If she is facing charges and is continuing to scam people she needs to once again be arrested and have more charges against her. contact John Calabro at
    Detective John Calabro
    Broward Sheriff's Office
    Regional Investigations, Economic Crime Unit
    2601 W. Broward Boulevard, Suite 2501
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
    Tel 954-321-4254
    Fax 954-321-4331

I am hoping that somebody out here has heard of Maria Rosso and My Favorite Resorts. we have a FELONY wire fraud as well as tax evasion case against Maria Rosso, including her associates. Let's please leave this investigation in the capable hands of the police and not resort to accusing innocent victims of the crimes that Maria has committed on so many.

I am hoping that somebody out here has heard of Maria Rosso and My Favorite Resorts. She has made a mess of things for the Timeshare Rental business for quite a few families. She confirms them a vacation in Sedona, AZ, collects full payment up front and simply drops the ball from there. I have had 6, count them six families arrive at my resort with a letter in hand from Maria Rosso but no reservation because she never booked it. Either she has no idea how to run her business or she is running a fraudulent business. Anybody with additional information needs to spread the word that people need to avoid her at all costs. She never returns calls, has not done one thing right so far, she needs to be black balled.
    Last edited by kraska; 11-29-2011 at 08:03 PM.

I feel very sorry for you and the people who are with you at that time. I am also going to put this resort name on my list where I never have to visit.

beach clubs in sea bright monmouth nj