+ Reply to Thread

Three guilty of petrol murder

Christ on a bike, I know none of us are angels, and we have all done things that we are not proud of, or regret, but that is a million miles from this sort of thing, I mean, it is awful!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090529/...r-dba1618.html

Three killers who doused a teenager in petrol and burned him alive in a re-enactment of a scene from a horror movie are facing life sentences after being found guilty of murder.

The body of 17-year-old student Simon Everitt was found three weeks after he went missing on June 28 last year.

He had been tied to a tree in Mautby, Great Yarmouth, and burned alive by Maria Chandler, 40, Jimi-Lee Stewart, 25, and Jonathan Clarke, 20, in a re-enactment of a scene from a spoof horror movie, Severance. His body was then left buried in a ditch and covered with soil.

Mr Everitt was involved in a tangled love affair with a woman who had also been seeing Clarke and Stuart. Ms Chandler was the woman's friend.

Each of the three defendants had threatened to harm Mr Everitt and Clarke had been charged with assaulting him shortly before the murder.

Prosecutor Karim Khalil QC said: "He was initially assaulted. He was bundled into a car, taken to a forest or wooded area. He was then tied to a tree with blue nylon roping."

He added: "Petrol was poured on to him and into his throat. He was then set on fire whilst tied to that tree.

"The rope burned through. He was still alive. He stepped from the tree a short distance, still alight, and there he was to die."

Responding to the verdict, the victim's stepmother, Susan, branded the killers "evil" and said her stepson had done nothing wrong except fall in love with "the wrong girl".

She said: "Simon did not deserve it, no one deserved it. He did not do anything wrong apart from fall in love with the wrong girl."

Chandler and Stewart, both of Great Yarmouth, and Clarke, of Telford, Shropshire were arrested when Stewart's mother turned him in.

Susan Lewis, 46, of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, called detectives after Jimi-Lee Stewart confessed to being involved.
    Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Three guilty of petrol murder

is it JUST ME or are you starting to post LIKE POO!? not too take offense, i am just asking as to what you WANT!? if i can somehow GRANT your request i will HAPPILY do so!? since we all SEEK to be HAPPY in our OWN little ways!? who says BIG is BETTER!?:freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you