+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MascotFinancial.com

Searching for anyone who has used this company for debt management program without the typical ruined credit for decades which is what most debt consolidation companies do. The state they do not negotiate down your debt, but still reduce debt interest and time it takes to pay off all debt?

Thanks,

Re: MascotFinancial.com

The name is so ridiculous.

I looked it over. Put all your money in your driveway. Go get your leaf blower. Turn on the leaf blower and point it toward your money.
    Same results.

From their "strategic partners" page:
    Click on the link for TPA4U.com...I dare you!
    This is all their site says:

Thank you for visiting TPA4U.com! Please bear with us while we undergo some changes.

Contact us at support@tpa4u.com

mascotfinancial.com

Registrant:
    Lane Stobbe (lstobbe@mascotfinancial.com)
    Mascot Financial
    2601 North Canyon Rd. #101
    Provo, UT 84604
    US
    801-655-1500

Domain Name: mascotfinancial.com

Admin Contact:
    Lane Stobbe (mharrison@mascotfinancial.com)
    Mascot Financial
    2601 N. Canyon Rd Suite #101
    Provo, UT 84604
    US
    801-655-1500

tpa4u.com

Registrant:
    Mascot Financial
    Provo, UT 84604
    US
    801-655-1500

Domain Name: tpa4u.com

Admin Contact:
    Mascot Financial
    Provo, UT 84604
    US
    801-655-1500

Thx for the warning.

No problem. I hope I saved that poor soul from a bad mistake!

I wish I hadn't been such an idiot. All my instincts were telling me to "run", but I didn't. Instead, I let a "friend" who had gone to work as one of their agents talk me into it.

I didn't have bad credit before, but in less than 6 months, they put TWO dings on my credit report - one with a late payment to a credit card, the other for not paying a mortgage payment AT ALL. I only discovered the mortgage hadn't been paid when the lender called and asked when they could expect payment!!! The money had been wire transferred out of my account, but the bills were not being paid.

On top of this, they got me into a negative amortizaton mortgage that I am stuck with for 3 years or I have to pay the equivalent of 6 months interest! If this is what they call "helping", I think Webster's needs to refine their definition.

And for this "service" they charged my escrow account nearly $13,000! It gets worse, but this should give you an idea of what I am currently going through. Be forewarned.

Do I hear the word "lawsuit" - or maybe "class action lawsuit"???

I am a Mascot Financial customer. They did indeed have some problems last year that affected a number of people. I chose to stick it out, and the company has gone to great lengths to ensure that nobody lost any money, and that any damage caused to their credit was repaired. Creditors were contacted and informed that the problem was with the third-party administrator and not their customer.

They are no longer using TPA4U and have a much more accountable solution in place to handle the administration of their clients money (drafts and payment of bills). I'm fully confident that these problems are behind them, and that they are now a reliable company that can deliver what they promise.

Of course, they will need to rebuild their reputation and establish a good track record. I do not consider them to be a scam - they made some mistakes, worked very hard to make everything right and made the necessary corrections.

Brent

Yeah...ok.

Hate to burst your bubble, Brent, but employees from TPA4U are now employed by PlanMaster. Different name, same stuff.

When I researched Mascot before doing my program I was able to get ahold of 10 clients (This was difficult because Mascot would not give me referals of former clients. They felt it was a privacy issue) Six consumers very happy, three said they had problems but that the problems were properly addressed and one said that using the company was a big mistake.

I asked the one why was it a mistake he mentioned TPA4U. I asked if money was recoved to fix the problem and credit restored. He said that Mascot said they would take care of it, but that his credit has not been fully restored.

I decide to use the program and currently I am quite happy though I have not been using it long.

Interesting,

I too have been researching Mascot, and having found two clients who had problems, that is two too many when it comes to credit issues. It is bad enough with all the incorrect data on credit to deal with, but when a firm is careless and contributes to errors, this is not acceptable, even if they do resolve it.

This is a new industry, and I suspect it will get polluted just like traditional debt consolidation did twenty years ago. All the so called non profit scams on public where the consumer let their guard down thinking this was some kind of consumer organization when in fact, these outfits are paid by credit card industry.

Getting out of credit debt the correct way is the only way, do not use any firm which is negotiating with your creditors for reduced interest rates or reduced settlements. If you do, your credit will be destroyed for decades, worse than a bankruptcy, so BEWARE.

Use only companies who will provide a debt analysis for FREE. No up front advance fees, BEWARE, most debt consolidation companies will go for an upfront fee. There are legitimate companies in this new liability mangement system, but you have to check carefully on past performance. There will be many new companies exploiting this new software for electronic payments, so BEWARE.

TPA4U is still a dead link.

And if you try calling the Mascot office (801-655-1500) today, the phone rings and rings and rings. Then the recorded voice comes on and tells you they are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls. Yeah, I bet they are!!!! So now trying to talk to a "real" person appears to be out of the question, as well!!!

I worked for Mascot. I no longer work for them.

Although they may not technically be an MLM, they certainly felt like one to me. Most MLMs charge you up front to work for them. Mascot Financial has a $200 mandatory starter kit to work for them. They say they will reimburse this $200 after your first three sales, but the only time I ever personally saw that circumstance occur, the man never received his $200 back.

I suspect that Mascot Financial is having financial problems of its own. They claim to have thousands of "consultants" across the nation, yet they only produced 30 some odd debt elimination plans (a.k.a. "Profiles") nationwide last month. That's only one Profile per day from 4,000 consultants. Again, this pattern is very reminiscent of MLMs, although Mascot claims vehemently that they are not an MLM.

And there is a distinctly religious overtone to the specialized training that Mascot Financial refers to as "Mascot U". Specifically, it at times feels like a Mormon religious meeting. When I attended the Mascot U two weeks ago, one of the speakers quoted directly from a Mormon hymn (i.e. "put your shoulder to the wheel, push along..."). We were constantly reminded that we were on a "mission", and that we were "crusaders". Near the end of the training, the top salesman in Mascot Financial stood up and told us that he knew he and his family would "see the face of God". This statement is straight out of Mormon scripture, and I felt that all of this was completely out of place in a modern day business training.

Profiles (customized debt elimination plans for clients) are problematic as well at Mascot. I filled out my own personal financial data (called a "data sheet"), and submitted it. It took Mascot Financial almost 4 weeks to get my Profile back to me. I wondered out loud why it took so long, and after many transparent excuses, one veteran gave a plausible answer. He began by telling me that he hadn't been paid money that he was owed for the past 3 months. He then went on to suggest that Mascot Financial is having financial difficulties of its own, and that since a Profile would in all likelihood generate a commission due to the consultant who sold it, Mascot was just sitting on data sheets and not running them promptly in order to avoid creating one more commission that they couldn't pay. I don't know if this is true, but it makes sense, and it's not the first time I've heard it.

I think that Mascot has many more problems than I've listed here, and some of them are quite serious in nature. I hope that Mascot can turn it around, because their people are good people, and the overall idea for the product is sound. It's just Mascot's delivery of that product that is worrisome.

In the meantime, I would tell you that, if you want a personal debt elimination plan, go to one of their competitors.