+ Reply to Thread

Could US Hate Speech Law Limit Free Speech?

The US Constitution is supposed to guarantee the inalienable right of freedom of speech. But there are some who don't believe in this, and they are trying to get a "Hate Speech Law" passed into law in the United States. I think this is cause for alarm. Certain "protected groups" would be covered by this: namely Jews (Zionists), Moslems, and homosexuals. A lot of people feel strongly about one or more of these groups. So you could have a lot of people making comments or writings which could be labeled by someone as "hate speech."
    One definition of what is hate speech is simply to have a bias. These kind of laws have already been passed in a number of countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia. An example of this is when former Ku Klux Klansman David Duke recently travelled to Europe to give a speech in the Czech Republic. He was immediately arrested because he had been labelled as a "holocaust denier." I don't think he had even had time to give a speech there. He was just arrested for some of his earlier writings. He was shortly released because of public protests, but he wouldn't have had to have been. He could have remained in jail or prison for months if not years.
    A lot of what I hear every day I don't approve of, but I assume the other people have the right of free speech even as I have, but that could all soon change. This sounds like some of the Bible prophecies, where parents will be turning in their children and children the parents. I think it could be seen how this could eventually turn into a police state. Some kind of similar United Nations law might soon make these kind of laws universal and could be tied in with the Mark of the Beast. I think in it's extreme the Bible could even be labelled as "hate literature" and banned. If you've ever watched the movie "Left Behind" it seems the authors of that believed that Christians would one day be labelled as "haters" and persecuted, arrested, maybe even killed for their "hate crimes." That day may be sooner than a lot of us think.

Re: Could US Hate Speech Law Limit Free Speech?

i would guess this falls under the "fire in a theatre" clause!? if the internet presents a worldwide THEATRE of "possible seating" and following, and the known effects of "crowd mentality/PANIC are taken into consideration,we can plausibly see the need to RESTRICT such EXPRESSION no matter if it is a widespread or localized matter!? by restriction i dont mean the admittance of confession as to effects but more to the PROMOTION of same!? why ALLOW the "PURPS" a seemingly DOMINANT VOICE!? of course we COULD ask WHO the purps could possibly EFFECT as to their "position" ANYWAY!? that gets under the "skin" of the matter does it not!? :freak3: :judges: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

So what is next? If I do "blonde" jokes then that's hate speech? We only talk about skin color? Doesn't make sense. Break laws is breaking laws, who cares about what they are. Even though most crime is black on black, if I get into a fight with a black guy because he wont shut up at the movies, then I am charged with a hate crime? There's too many variables. US Hate Speech laws definitely limits how you can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbovee View Post
    The US Constitution is supposed to guarantee the inalienable right of freedom of speech. But there are some who don't believe in this, and they are trying to get a "Hate Speech Law" passed into law in the United States. I think this is cause for alarm. Certain "protected groups" would be covered by this: namely Jews (Zionists), Moslems, and homosexuals. A lot of people feel strongly about one or more of these groups. So you could have a lot of people making comments or writings which could be labeled by someone as "hate speech."
    One definition of what is hate speech is simply to have a bias. These kind of laws have already been passed in a number of countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia. An example of this is when former Ku Klux Klansman David Duke recently travelled to Europe to give a speech in the Czech Republic. He was immediately arrested because he had been labelled as a "holocaust denier." I don't think he had even had time to give a speech there. He was just arrested for some of his earlier writings. He was shortly released because of public protests, but he wouldn't have had to have been. He could have remained in jail or prison for months if not years.
    A lot of what I hear every day I don't approve of, but I assume the other people have the right of free speech even as I have, but that could all soon change. This sounds like some of the Bible prophecies, where parents will be turning in their children and children the parents. I think it could be seen how this could eventually turn into a police state. Some kind of similar United Nations law might soon make these kind of laws universal and could be tied in with the Mark of the Beast. I think in it's extreme the Bible could even be labelled as "hate literature" and banned. If you've ever watched the movie "Left Behind" it seems the authors of that believed that Christians would one day be labelled as "haters" and persecuted, arrested, maybe even killed for their "hate crimes." That day may be sooner than a lot of us think.
    This I believe is another trick very similar to the Patriot Act. It will all depend on who interprets the rules and IMO nobody has a right toi regulate what another person says. If they don't like what they hear they can always make a rebuttal. One-third of the internet is already being censored and MSM is politically-manipulated by the 1%. Are you ready to give up your freedom of speech? Not me!