+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some Psychic chat sites are fakes

There is website called Spirit & Soul and alot of people on there are fakes including the person who built the site if you know of where I can report everything that has been going I would really appreciate it thatnks.

Jafo is offline Always Right, Seldom Agreed With. User Rank

Re: Some Psychic chat sites are fakes

Some Psychic chat sites are fakes

Some?

Don't you mean all?

Compound SCAM: Fake Psychic/Dating

I really take umbrage to what happened to actress Jennifer Love Hewitt. Here is a rare example of a
    clean-living "New" Hollywood entertainer,who nonetheless has
    the romantic uncertanties of her idol,
    AUDREY HEPBURN. (JLH has had four
    times the partners that AUDREY had.)

In late 2005 the actress got lucky,and
    a self-professed Dutch psychic (I
    would say storyteller) named James
    van Praagh hired her for a new show
    called "Ghost Whisperer". That show
    proved to be an unexpected hit.

But Mr. van Praagh couldn't predict
    what JLH should do about her personal
    life. So what does she do? Perhaps
    thinking that everybody called "psychic" can be trusted, goes to two
    no-name "seers" that the public,not
    being in such a position,would have
    rejected immediately as outright
    fakes: (1) the "Beauty Bar" psychic
    who told her to find "love on the set"
    (aka "date the next guy to come
    around) and, a year later,(2) a "palm-
    reader/tea-leaf reader" mystic (to
    see if she should stay with this guy).
    (Which was a "yes-man" non-answer
    SCAM! They always answer "yes".)

So after having two dozen dates in
    6 years,JLH is now dating a foreigner...who's a drinker like the
    previous hanger-on date she had when she had another hit show (6
    years ago). These scam artist psychics have played upon the actress' confusion and swelled their
    pocketbooks.

Relationships started because of such
    compound SCAMS must be voidable.:zx11pissed:
    Footnote: NO "psychics" should ever
    be hired UNLESS they can give REAL,
    NON-obvious information WITHOUT
    coaching! (One of the VERY rare
    examples was the late PETER HURKOS-
    ironically,a Dutch psychic who paved
    the way for nearly ALL 20th Century
    psychics to come. BUT, HURKOS was
    registered with the Better Business
    Bureau,and NO complaints! AND he had an IMPRESSIVE TRACK RECORD
    (though not perfect.) I know,because
    I hired him in the mid-Seventies (for
    $200) and was quite satisfied with the
    results.I'd sought him out myself after reading books on him. Other than his surviving son (or daughter) I don't recommend anybody offhand these days.
    Last edited by ronald33; 04-08-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: omitted information

Re: Compound SCAM: Fake Psychic/Dating

P.S.: HURKOS,incidentally,never made
    a final decision as to whether to stay
    together with somebody,that I know of.

The only exception would be,is if he
    warned someone that a prospective
    mate was hiding a secret from their
    past (i.e.,drug use.) But,that would
    be a CONCRETE REASON and not
    just an arbitrary statement like
    "it's in the tea leaves".

There aren't many PETER HURKOSES
    around today!!

Giving INFORMATION which has a solid
    basis in fact (like HURKOS did) is far
    different from MAKING A DECISION
    for someone which only THEY should
    make...NO psychic should make a
    decision for anyone!!

And look what happened:

The actress recently broke her engagement to the man "recommended" to her by the Tarot
    reader!

Beware of this type of psychic scam.

just a warning to those seeking answers , simon is up to his games more publicly again.

http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/PaJobClubsPsychics38.htm

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/153-swift-february-1-2008.html

http://www.skeptics.com.au/theskeptic/2000/1.pdf

Ewangelia Buchela Psyhic Scam

My wife received a letter from this person offering to do a "Permanent elimination of the mediumistic indifference and aura friction". Also, the letter states that " You do not have to pay Ewangelia Buchela any fee whatsoever for this. Her work is completely free of charge".

My wife got an letter back that was a bunch of unreadable mumbo jumbo and made no sense whatsoever. Along with it came a bill for $34.64 which included a late charge of $5.00!

I immediately thought SCAM and looked up this person. I finally found her on an obscure German website and found out she's been dead for 23 years, died in Bonn, Germany and has never set foot in the U.S.!

Also, the so-called bill is threatening to send it to collections, if the "contribution" is not paid. I'm sure the collection agency is a scam also.

I found this "bait and switch" amusing and took it to my lawyer who just laughed at it and said to give it to the State Attorney General's Office and report it to the Postal Inspections Office. Which, I have done. My lawyer said to give him the collection notice, if it does show up and reminded me that this scam is coming out of the scam state of New Jersey.

Anyone else heard of this person?

Re: Ewangelia Buchela Psyhic Scam

I've also received this letter, this one being my second with a $10 late fee; however, my bill is only for $29.64. Knowing that I'd never order anything from a psychic that I had to pay for, I ignored the first invoice. Now this second one has the same threat to send to a collection agency. Guess I'll just sit tight and see if that actually happens.

Update: These scammers had the balls to ignore the letter I had sent, asking them to prove that they are indeed a real business. All they did was to add a ten dollar late fee and again threaten to be sent to a collection agency in 12 days. I will send a reply letter again and see what happens. My lawyer will get a kick out of this. They know they're scammers but still are trying to bilk money out of people.

Yes, I received that letter also. I responded because it specifically stated that she not only wouldn't charge for anything but that she COULDN'T!

The next thing I knew I received an invoice for something I never ordered!

Then I received invoices with "late charges" added.

Now I am receiving that same threat to be sent to collection!

This is most certainly a SCAM! Do not send anything back in response if you receive a letter from them.

I am also going to report them to the proper authorities.

Be safe and Happy Holidays everyone!
    Sally

P.S. I also sent a certified letter back to them stating that never at any time did I "order" anything or agree to pay for any services and that if I should hear from a collection agency on their behalf that I would report them to all the proper authorities and announce their scam all over the internet.

I just received another notice today that they are sending me to collection and that I have 12 days to clear up what I owe! They have tacked on more late charges of course.

Do NOT interact with these scammers! Waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by nwiguy View Post
    My wife received a letter from this person offering to do a "Permanent elimination of the mediumistic indifference and aura friction". Also, the letter states that " You do not have to pay Ewangelia Buchela any fee whatsoever for this. Her work is completely free of charge".

My wife got an letter back that was a bunch of unreadable mumbo jumbo and made no sense whatsoever. Along with it came a bill for $34.64 which included a late charge of $5.00!

I immediately thought SCAM and looked up this person. I finally found her on an obscure German website and found out she's been dead for 23 years, died in Bonn, Germany and has never set foot in the U.S.!

Also, the so-called bill is threatening to send it to collections, if the "contribution" is not paid. I'm sure the collection agency is a scam also.

I found this "bait and switch" amusing and took it to my lawyer who just laughed at it and said to give it to the State Attorney General's Office and report it to the Postal Inspections Office. Which, I have done. My lawyer said to give him the collection notice, if it does show up and reminded me that this scam is coming out of the scam state of New Jersey.

Anyone else heard of this person?
    Yes, my elderly mother got a letter from her and from Anastasia, who said the same things, they seem to be the same person, the payment slips are identical in appearacnce except one is for Anastasia and the other for Ewangelia...now she is getting past due notices that she needs to send payments of $29.80 to Anastasia within the next 5 days and to Ewangelia Fee for Analysis: $19.94 and a late payment fee of $20.00 for a total of $39.64. "This COLLECTION NOTICE is to inform you that your failure to settle your account to date has resulted in your account being passed to my collection agency." "My collection agency has agreed to wait 12 days only from the day you receive this FINAL NOTICE as a grace period before prosecuting your account to the full extend of the law."
    She has my mother so upset!
    Thank you, for telling us what to do about this, I greatly appreciate it.

Same thing happened to me. Any creditor must provide verification of any debt by law. Here are some facts regarding debt collectors and a letter you might use.

In accordance to Title 15The title 15 USC 1692 g (b) states that a debt collector is to "obtain" verification of the debt from the alleged creditor.

I am writing to let you know that I am in receipt of your collection notice. I have no record of this account, or the the creditor. Please consider this correspondence an official and timely dispute of this alleged debt.
    In accordance to Title 15The title 15 USC 1692 g (b) states that a debt collector is to "obtain" verification of the debt from the alleged creditor.
    USC, I am demanding debt verification:
    If your Client is claiming that a debt exists between them and me, please send a certified copy of the original signed agreement between parties. Please also send billing statements with the alleged charges, as well as proof of those statements.

I continue to A debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt" which includes "the false representation of the character, or legal status of any debt" and "the threat to take any action that cannot legally be taken or that is not intended to be taken" all of which are violations of Law.

dispute the validity of the debt. If you do not send the requested certified, notarized documentation, as well as a letter from your Client to the address listed below within the next thirty (30) days, I will assume that your firm can not validate their alleged claims and have used false and deceptive representation in an attempt to collect on this purported debt. This matter will then be considered closed.
    Please note, this is not a request for an unverified photocopy of any invoice, statement, bill, summary, agreement without bona fide signature or otherwise. Any future correspondence. without "verification of the debt" that may or may not contain any said photocopy(s) will be a tactful admission and agreement, there is no bona fide verifiable claim to this account.
    If I do not receive the requested timely response along with documentation, the remedy demanded is to cease all collections activity immediately and permanently. Note that any negative and/or derogatory action regarding me or my credit shall constitute defamation, and any damages as a result may be dealt with in a complaint against all applicable parties. (See Fair Credit Reporting Act 623; and Restatement (Second) of Torts 559, 563)
    If your firm proceeds with this legal action without first substantiating this claim with competent admissible evidence as outlined above, I will consider this action malicious prosecution. I will further report it as such, to the State and American Bar Associations, as well as the Attorney General and Judicial Disciplinary Committee. I would also advise you that starting a frivolous lawsuit may subject you to sanctions by the court, including costs, fees, and penalties. I urge you to carefully consider your course of action from here on out.
    Sincerely,

Bottom line, they need to send you proof of the debt with the agreement with all the facts when you DEMAND Verification of the debt. If they don't, which in this case they can't because none of us signed anything with an agreement to pay for any services, then they can't legally continue any collections process. If you also give them notice to never call you all correspondence must be in written form.

Good Luck, Sam

Thanks Sam!!!!!

That's some excellent advice and a powerful tool to use. I will use it if need be.

As of yet, we have not received a notice from any collection agency. It's all a bunch of fluff. I wish I could get my hands on them. I only need a minute.

:judges:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayla9 View Post
    I've also received this letter, this one being my second with a $10 late fee; however, my bill is only for $29.64. Knowing that I'd never order anything from a psychic that I had to pay for, I ignored the first invoice. Now this second one has the same threat to send to a collection agency. Guess I'll just sit tight and see if that actually happens.
    Take it to your local Postmaster,
    nuff said. Mail fraud.