+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

cffclub.com probable scam

Quote Originally Posted by SUZQT View Post
    HELP! Has anyone heard of the CFF Club or New Life Club??? I guess this is what all of the ABC Agents are now pushing. Has anybody heard of a guy named Jon Tallmidge who lives on Gull Lake? My parents were approached by somebody he got into this club and apparently Jon is doing very well! Since DLG is done, I hear that the ABC agents are all involved in this. Here is the website: www.cffclub.com or www.newlifeclubintl.com. The CFF club was paying 10% PER MONTH...but apparently they shut that down for new members. The New Life club pays 6.4% for investors and pays the referring agent quite well, too. The traders name is Phillip W. Milton, 55 Windsor Lane, Palm Beach Garden, FL. Apparently they have meetings in Florida to corral new people. Please help me on this! We must stop ABC agents from scamming any more seniors!
    Copied to new thread for new member.

Re: cffclub.com probable scam

From their website
    Close Friends and Associates
    Our Club is comprised exclusively of a tight circle of close friends and associates. We do not solicit members from outside this circle. Therefore, you can feel confident that we all have each other's best interests at heart.
    And despite this declaration they are selling to eveybody who is buying. Yes this is new DLG/BBC. And anybody in DLG who was recruited by ABC agent. Sue their asses off.

BorisZ
    Please before you give such wonderful legal advice I was wondering if you could please give me your real name and address. That way any individual who wishes to hire you as their lawyer may do so....Yet you will not do so....maybe scared of the backlash???Let us know.

no, you misunderstand what a lawyer does. a lawyer will find some way to defend a crook that is running a a ponzi scheme, keep him out of jail, allow him to keep his stolen money, for a fee of course.

boris gives warnings of things that don't look right or smell bad. that is not "practicing law".

madoff was only paying 10% a year, and this guy is paying 10% a month? yeah, he's going to need a lawyer.
    Last edited by mumbles; 05-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.

If anyone knows any information about the New Life Club or CFF Club please respond. Even though my parents are not going to invest, I would hate to see other people get scammed. 10%/month or 6.4%/month just seems way to good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    ...BORISZ....Before you go off on someone saying they're a scam (or probable scam) you need to do your homework!

CFF CLUB is NOT a scam. You were probably someone they didn't let in because you seemed like a "loose cannon." They turn down people with one eye and half a brain with the name "bubba" on their shirt.

I checked them out myself before we joined the club. Why don't you do what I did... call the Attorney General, the SEC, or anyone who really knows and has officially checked them out and see if there has ever been someone with a negative complaint. The only people you will find who are negative are those they didn't let in. You can even call the BBB. They've got nothing negative either.

Before you get on scam.com to say something is a scam, you first need to have "been in the club." Secondly, you need to provide some form of documentation showing that you have any idea what you're talking about. Documentation beats conversation.

I have multiple family members in the CFF Club and they're all happy as can be.

CFF Club being a scam -Has NO merit at all.

Last edited by ihateyourscams; 06-03-2009 at 09:21 AM.

Sorry BorisZ.... the guy/or gal above is right. CFF is a legitimate club. I have been in the club for more than a year. I've taken money out several times and their checks cash just like all my others. Also, I would inform you also that the two clubs (NewLife and CFF) have nothing to do with each other. I have never heard of an "ABC Agent" either. You definitely have CFF mixed up or confused somehow with some other group.

However, one thing you do have right is the fact that the group is "closed." What you have to understand is that all "legitimate" clubs eventually cap off the membership. It's like finding a cave full of gold. You only tell so many people. The membership has stopped (thank God).
    Last edited by toomanyscams; 06-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyscams View Post
    Sorry BorisZ.... the guy/or gal above is right. CFF is a legitimate club. I have been in the club for more than a year. I've taken money out several times and their checks cash just like all my others. Also, I would inform you also that the two clubs (NewLife and CFF) have nothing to do with each other. I have never heard of an "ABC Agent" either. You definitely have CFF mixed up or confused somehow with some other group.

However, one thing you do have right is the fact that the group is "closed." What you have to understand is that all "legitimate" clubs eventually cap off the membership. It's like finding a cave full of gold. You only tell so many people. The membership has stopped (thank God).
    According to the SEC, the only "CFF" that is registered as an investment advisor (to manage others money) is a company called CFF Capital management out of Texas. The only Reg D filing (unregistered securities) is CFF Holdings out of Boston. There is nothing else with the SEC. The only other way you would be able to do any research with the SEC or the AG is if there was a formal complaint filed. Just because people have been getting checks does not mean it is not a scam (and I am not saying that it is). Pooled investments use investor assets to make payments all the time and the only time they get caught is when they run into a liquidity issue. Look at the DLG debacle. People got their checks for quite a while and now nobody is getting anything. Not even their original investment. If CFF is not a scam, they should be able to disclose their 3rd party custodian that holds all the assets and they should be able to see tax statements disclosing the gross gain for the total pot that is managed. People should also be able to confirm that the third party custodian exists. If it is what you are saying, the pot of money has to be somewhere (Interactive Brokers, Schwab, Rosenthal Collins). There should be able to see these statements showing the total pot and how it has performed.People should not just go by the "statement" they get from the company (CFF).

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm1 View Post
    According to the SEC, the only "CFF" that is registered as an investment advisor (to manage others money) is a company called CFF Capital management out of Texas. The only Reg D filing (unregistered securities) is CFF Holdings out of Boston. There is nothing else with the SEC. The only other way you would be able to do any research with the SEC or the AG is if there was a formal complaint filed. Just because people have been getting checks does not mean it is not a scam (and I am not saying that it is). Pooled investments use investor assets to make payments all the time and the only time they get caught is when they run into a liquidity issue. Look at the DLG debacle. People got their checks for quite a while and now nobody is getting anything. Not even their original investment. If CFF is not a scam, they should be able to disclose their 3rd party custodian that holds all the assets and they should be able to see tax statements disclosing the gross gain for the total pot that is managed. People should also be able to confirm that the third party custodian exists. If it is what you are saying, the pot of money has to be somewhere (Interactive Brokers, Schwab, Rosenthal Collins). There should be able to see these statements showing the total pot and how it has performed.People should not just go by the "statement" they get from the company (CFF).

Psalm1... From all the research that I've done I cannot find any requirement saying that an investment club must be an RIA (Registered Investment Advisor). If CFF was marketing or advertising for people to join then an RIA might be in order to comply with SEC law. Let's review: The members of CFF are friends/families only. It's a private club, NOT A PUBLIC ONE. They do not market, advertise for investing or investments. It is exempt from filing as a security. Also, the club does not trade money. Again, the club does NOT trade money. They are contracted with licensed and approved traders and a trading company that handles all trading. Again, CFF Club does not trade money or make investment decisions. Now, to tell you who that entity is that they are contracted with would give away their proprietary relationship, and also conflict with our non-disclosure agreements. I hope that answers some of your questions.

Oh, and one more thing: Remember all Ponzi schemes take new money and pay the older investors off, making it seem like a viable investment. This club is "Closed" and does not accept new members, and they will no longer allow new deposits from existing members. That would crumble your idea that this is a Ponzi scheme, as new money would be needed to pay off older members were that to be the case. I have seen all the "statement figures" and "holding companies" information and I am satisfied with that information.
    Last edited by ihateyourscams; 06-03-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Lets see when pot of gold ends up pot of ash. I bet very soon.

Lets see when pot of gold ends up pot of ash. I bet very soon.
    Let's face it BorisZ... You're just mad you're not in. Sorry bro!

So far BorisZ -If I gave you a penny for your thoughts I'd probably end up with change.

Some questions for CFF investors:
    1. How long do you expect these incredible returns to continue? For perpetuity? If not, why not? If so, how?
    2. What do the Trade-LLC guys know that the MIT types at Goldman do not know?
    3. What is Trade-LLC's strategy? Articulate it.
    4. Have you considered the rate of return and what that theoretically means for the potential size of CFF? If they manage $20M today, that would become $1B within three years. Does this seem plausible? If so, why? If not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by wilander View Post
    Some questions for CFF investors:
    1. How long do you expect these incredible returns to continue? For perpetuity? If not, why not? If so, how?
    2. What do the Trade-LLC guys know that the MIT types at Goldman do not know?
    3. What is Trade-LLC's strategy? Articulate it.
    4. Have you considered the rate of return and what that theoretically means for the potential size of CFF? If they manage $20M today, that would become $1B within three years. Does this seem plausible? If so, why? If not, why not?

Wilander... OK, here's what you need to know. I have been in investment clubs for years. First of all, no one ever said that the company that you quoted is the one that our club works with. Secondly, people don't usually allow their money to continue to double-double-double....etc. They "take income" eventually. People live on the interest. People reach a threshold in which they usually don't keep allowing the money to double. They will retire, live on it, buy a new home... start enjoying life. Therefore, you cannot assume that our money in the club, or the total money in the club will just keep automatically keep doubling. It doesn't work like that. People buy homes, cars, and live. Don't forget... the club is closed and no more money is allowed in.

Don't forget... the club is closed and no more money is allowed in.
    My gut tells me that if you ask nicely with large amount, they will make an exception. Madoff's funds also were "closed", but he let people in under the table.

Secondly, people don't usually allow their money to continue to double-double-double....etc. They "take income" eventually. People live on the interest. People reach a threshold in which they usually don't keep allowing the money to double.
    That exactly what will make CFF to implode. Now they are probably convincing members to continue "doubling" or take out only small percentage. But eventually people will lose patience and the whole house of of cards which is CFF will come down

How much longer for the CFF club to continue "operations"? Especially since no new deposits can be sent in? I cannot believe people get involved with something like this - boggles my mind. These scams are for the Retarded AND the Greedy. And I'm talking about the "investors" - not the owners. My ex-friend (more of an acquaintance than anything) is about to get hit upside the head to the tune of $50 - $100K by the 200mph baseball that is CFF club. This fool wouldn't see it coming if it was shot out of a cannon two feet from his stupid face. At this point, all I can do is sit back & enjoy the show...countdown til meltdown! Whenever these idiotic scams start up, you see the initial post of "Has anyone ever heard of this club - program - company....." Then, when the "administrative glitches" and operational failures happen - the good ol' - "The wire is coming on Wednesday!" "Check's in the mail!" "Ron says we'll all be paid tomorrow!" This thread will come alive in 3...2...1...