+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Born Again: The Kingdom of God!


    GOD IS REPRODUCING HIMSELF!
    That's the glorious Good News that Jesus boldly proclaimed! The Gospel of the KINGDOM OF GOD announces the GOD KINGDOM: a Spirit-Born Kingdom of God-Beings! A Royal Family that we can enter (Rev. 3:21). A Divine Family that will administer God's Government throughout the universe and eternity (Isa. 9:7; Dan. 7:18).

    Born Again: The Kingdom of God!(video and article)
    Last edited by David Ben-Ariel; 05-04-2009 at 03:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    This the same God who prophecised Tyre would be destroyed completely?

    Its still there btw ;)
    Why Answers in Genesis is ridiculous, My Blog.

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    There was a documentary that I have seen on TV that proves that the Jews wandered in the desert. They even found footprints.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Largenton View Post
    This the same God who prophecised Tyre would be destroyed completely?

    Its still there btw ;)
    The prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet.

    Footprints of the sandals the jews were wearing said "made by Israel Inc"TM

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    I'm guessing you're being tongue in cheek because I definitely know that the prophecy is failed because it referred to a specific destruction of the city of Tyre at that time.

    Well with the second point I hope so.......
    Why Answers in Genesis is ridiculous, My Blog.

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    There was a documentary that I have seen on TV that proves that the Jews wandered in the desert. They even found footprints.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Largenton View Post
    This the same God
    The same God who prophesied through Jacob that Manasseh would become a SINGLE GREAT NATION (USA) and that his brother Ephraim would become a COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS (British Israelites).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post

    GOD IS REPRODUCING HIMSELF! That's the glorious Good News that Jesus boldly proclaimed! The Gospel of the KINGDOM OF GOD announces the GOD KINGDOM: a Spirit-Born Kingdom of God-Beings! A Royal Family that we can enter (Rev. 3:21). A Divine Family that will administer God's Government throughout the universe and eternity (Isa. 9:7; Dan. 7:18).

    Born Again: The Kingdom of God!(video and article)
    This is some more religious psycho-babble bull-shit!
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    The same God who prophesied through Jacob that Manasseh would become a SINGLE GREAT NATION (USA) and that his brother Ephraim would become a COMMONWEALTH OF NATIONS (British Israelites).
    Tyre's still standing though
    Why Answers in Genesis is ridiculous, My Blog.

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    There was a documentary that I have seen on TV that proves that the Jews wandered in the desert. They even found footprints.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Largenton View Post
    Tyre's still standing though

    Yeah, I went through all that 'way back in 1974. I fell for that British/Israel, Ephraim Manessah stuff. I was a firm believer,we were the true Israel of the promise!

    Then a guy named Ernest Martin, who was a high ranking member of the old WCG, simply used logic and reason, along with a number of analyses of prophecies, to show there was no connection whatever to such an idea.

    He showed the failure of the Tyre prophecy, the whole breakdown of HWA's "Seven Proofs God Exists!" booklet, and on and on.

    I think he still has a website for exploration of such ideas, but I haven't looked at it for a while.

    Ol' Herb started out with some good ideas, but his greed and his need for respect and power drove him to build "truths" that weren't truths.

    He even admitted he sought to be respected by the world's elite, and that was his downfall.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    I also read the Bible Unearthed, I don't know about you, but its a pretty convincing case for the Bible as propaganda, especially when comparing it to the material evidence.
    Why Answers in Genesis is ridiculous, My Blog.

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    There was a documentary that I have seen on TV that proves that the Jews wandered in the desert. They even found footprints.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Largenton View Post
    I also read the Bible Unearthed, I don't know about you, but its a pretty convincing case for the Bible as propaganda, especially when comparing it to the material evidence.
    Did you ever read Marshall McLuhan's "Understanding Media"?

    McLuhan popularized the statement, "the medium is the message". The medium of any communication doesn't "have" a message, it IS the message.

    For example, the alphabet placed stress on linearity, word after word, sentence, after sentence, paragraph after paragraph, etc, building to larger assemblages of knowledge, all built around the interchangeable process of the phonetic alphabet.(Empiricism?)

    This organization of knowledge around linear form with interchangeable parts, said McLuhan, led to the industrial revolution, which in turn led to the Gutenberg printing press, which really made things interesting, because now the form of print itself became a medium which placed stress on ideas of mechanical repeatability and standardization.

    The immediate result of Gutenberg's bible was literally blood running in the street as neighbors fought over which was the correct interpretation of biblical truth.

    While Jesus was recognized as the Prince of Peace, the medium(standardized, repeatable print in exact copied form) drove people to form religions around the same principle(standardized, repeatable religion in exact copied form).

    It was the standardized exact repeatability that suddenly produced the explosion of interchangeable religions all derived from one book.

    This became nothing more than a mechanical manifestation of organization with interchangeable parts, that became identified as religion. The medium(printing press) became the message itself, ignoring the content which advocated peace.

    Or as McLuhan puts it, the content of a book is the alphabet, and the content of a movie is a book. But the content of a computer is the entire array of all media extending from alphabet:words, books, movies, anything which can be translated into language.

    The diversification of media into one technological system allows "separation" of the human from the media,but it leaves the human with a need for further identification or meaning within a context, a context which the human finds herself having greater ability manipulate.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, USA/Menashe
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    This is some more religious psycho-babble bull-shit!
    At least to those without any spiritual understanding.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post

    GOD IS REPRODUCING HIMSELF!
    That's the glorious Good News that Jesus boldly proclaimed! The Gospel of the KINGDOM OF GOD announces the GOD KINGDOM: a Spirit-Born Kingdom of God-Beings! A Royal Family that we can enter (Rev. 3:21). A Divine Family that will administer God's Government throughout the universe and eternity (Isa. 9:7; Dan. 7:18).

    Born Again: The Kingdom of God!(video and article)
    God reproducing himself? It sounds rather polytheistic to me! When we get saved, we become a new creation, not a god. When we go to heaven, we will get a new body. We are not going to be a Star Trek "Collective," we will be individual beings.
    Last edited by TerryP; 06-15-2009 at 05:50 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    690

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Yeah, I went through all that 'way back in 1974. I fell for that British/Israel, Ephraim Manessah stuff. I was a firm believer,we were the true Israel of the promise!

    Then a guy named Ernest Martin, who was a high ranking member of the old WCG, simply used logic and reason, along with a number of analyses of prophecies, to show there was no connection whatever to such an idea.

    He showed the failure of the Tyre prophecy, the whole breakdown of HWA's "Seven Proofs God Exists!" booklet, and on and on.

    I think he still has a website for exploration of such ideas, but I haven't looked at it for a while.

    Ol' Herb started out with some good ideas, but his greed and his need for respect and power drove him to build "truths" that weren't truths.

    He even admitted he sought to be respected by the world's elite, and that was his downfall.
    From what I have read, it appears that the old Tyre is in ruins and the modern city of Tyre is next to it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,339

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    God reproducing himself? It sounds rather polytheistic to me! When we get saved, we become a new creation, not a god. When we go to heaven, we will get a new body. We are not going to be a Star Trek "Collective," we will be individual beings.
    god says "my seed" !? sounds like reproducin on the mind to me!? and "ye are gods" !? like..... but if YOU know better, im sure god will acquiesce for your sake!? your spiritual peer group is NOT a collective is it!? but if collectives exist, they must be good in idea, just failure prone due to the committee approach usually adopted to prevent loose cannons!?
    you have to admit terry, words explain nothing!? can be made to say anything you want!? it's NOT the words but what's/WHO'S BEHIND/SAYING them!?
    you know, jesus quit his job and went door to door when he got the BIRD from "dad"!? no half way measures!? no lookin back/around!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 06-25-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Born Again: The Kingdom of God!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    god says "my seed" !? sounds like reproducin on the mind to me!? and "ye are gods" !? like..... but if YOU know better, im sure god will acquiesce for your sake!? your spiritual peer group is NOT a collective is it!? but if collectives exist, they must be good in idea, just failure prone due to the committee approach usually adopted to prevent loose cannons!?
    you have to admit terry, words explain nothing!? can be made to say anything you want!? it's NOT the words but what's/WHO'S BEHIND/SAYING them!?
    you know, jesus quit his job and went door to door when he got the BIRD from "dad"!? no half way measures!? no lookin back/around!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    Of course God is reproducing himself. Even that vile, hated predestination verse, Romans 8:29-30 says that Jesus was the firstborn among many brethren.

    Here's a good one "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, FOR HIS SEED REMAINETH IN HIM, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God".

    We know the word "seed' in the bible does refer to that which is known as sperm today. In fact the original Greek had a word similar to sperm which is translated as "seed". In fact, a quick reference to the Greek for the word "seed" is "sperma". So, whoever is born of God(born again?) actually has God's sperm in him.

    OOPS!
    Last edited by doojie; 06-26-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. The Kingdom of America?
    By Denis Hard in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 06:56 AM
  2. Kingdom of Lies
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 08:58 PM
  3. Come To The Kingdom Hall?
    By Emerantia in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 11:30 PM
  4. The New Kingdom
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
  5. Kingdom of Heaven
    By TheWorker in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 05:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •