+ Reply to Thread

Google Treasure Chest

This is to be fair about Google Treasure Chest. I was recently charged $72.21 by them as a recurring charge. I was not a happy camper, but I had kept the folder that the CD came in with their phone#.

I called them and told them that I was charged for something I wasn't using and would like the charge to stop and to be refunded what they had charged me already.

To my surprise, they agreed. I didn't have to threaten them or get nasty in any way. So I would think that perhaps this is a legitimate company to do business with. But be aware that you will have a recurring charge of $72.21 per month. If you make money this won't matter, but if like me you decide not to pursue their plan make sure you close the account with them.

Have a great day.

Re: Google Treasure Chest

Quote Originally Posted by botbe40 View Post
    I didn't have to threaten them or get nasty in any way. So I would think that perhaps this is a legitimate company to do business with.
    Happy to hear you got your money refunded but surely a "legitimate company to do business with" would be clear about what they were offering and would not have the hidden continuity with the recurring monthly charge hidden away in the small print. Nor would they allow their affiliates to use fake testimonials, pictures of fake checks, fake pictures, misleading (false) statements about being paid for 'posting links on google' etc etc etc.......

And a good "company to do business with" would not attract as many complaints as Google Treasure Chest has and would not charge $72.21 a month for information which can easily be found online for free!

See:
    http://strangelyperfect.tv/3099/goog...am-and-a-half/
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...t-c152771.html
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c189594.html
    etc

Re: Google Treasure Chest

Yes a legitimate company would be honest about what they were charging.
    I think that they have to give you your money if you cancel your membership.
    This is one of the most common scams out there.
    If they were legitimate don't you think they would just pick one name and stick with it. This scam is running under a dozen or so names (all of them associated with Google so you think they are reputable). Don't fall for any of them.

4. 12-21-2009, 02:23 PM