+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Prophecies From the Bible

The Bible speaks of what the future will be like. One passge from Matthew 24:4-8 reads, "And Jesus answered and said unto them. Take heed that no man deceive you For many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ, and shall deceive many And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled, for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences and earthquakes, in divers places. all these things are the begining of sorrows."

There are many evangelists that believe we are in the last days that these verses are refering to. The rapture is the next thing to happen and could happen at any time. I would like to give a challenge to the skeptics: When you see the Christians disappear, will you then believe in the Biblical account? Will you then repent of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your life? I don't care if you make fun of me, as many will, but when you see the rapture take place, you will either curse God or you will accept Christ as your Savior.

Re: Prophecies From the Bible

You will also notice in that same chapter that after jesus warned of many coming in his name and deceiving many, he then told us not to believe or follow any of them(Matthew 24:23).

Even if there were a rapture, which is debateable even in biblical teachings, those who suddenly disappeared wouldn;t be a part of what you recognize as christianity, but people who didn't fall for the garbage taught by organized christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    The Bible speaks of what the future will be like. One passge from Matthew 24:4-8 reads, "And Jesus answered and said unto them. Take heed that no man deceive you For many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ, and shall deceive many And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled, for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences and earthquakes, in divers places. all these things are the begining of sorrows."

There are many evangelists that believe we are in the last days that these verses are refering to. The rapture is the next thing to happen and could happen at any time. I would like to give a challenge to the skeptics: When you see the Christians disappear, will you then believe in the Biblical account? Will you then repent of your sins and ask Jesus to come into your life? I don't care if you make fun of me, as many will, but when you see the rapture take place, you will either curse God or you will accept Christ as your Savior.

You know, from the beginning of recorded history, there have been legends and stories and religions that showed a "savior" of some kind or another....
    It has always been. And always will be....so Jesus' statement isn't all that impressive.

There have been wars and rumors of wars for as long as there have been people to fight in them.
    It has always been. And always will be....so Jesus' statement isn't all that impressive.

There have been famines for as long as there has been people to suffer through.....and pestilences back as far as there were living things to catch something....and earthquakes as far back as the first plate shifting....

If these things mark the beginning of sorrows.....sorrow must have begun a LONG time ago.....which means that we have always been in the end times....since the VERY beginning....according to your creationist account of things.....

To answer your other. If all of a sudden millions of people disappeared "in the blink of an eye" I would be impressed.

Hell! I'd be impressed if you came to visit me where I live and commanded the tree growing in my front yard to uproot itself and hop into my backyard in the name of your christ...
    Should be a bit easier than moving a mountain....

So whichever comes first. lol

I don't care if you make fun of me, as many will, but when you see the rapture take place, you will either curse God or you will accept Christ as your Savior.
    Hopefully in few hundreds years we will have technology to capture or kill even "4 dimensional" beings. If somebody is going to abduct humans I sure hope we will have big enough gun to take them on.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 04-18-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    You will also notice in that same chapter that after jesus warned of many coming in his name and deceiving many, he then told us not to believe or follow any of them(Matthew 24:23).

I agree.

Even if there were a rapture, which is debateable even in biblical teachings, those who suddenly disappeared wouldn;t be a part of what you recognize as christianity, but people who didn't fall for the garbage taught by organized christianity.
    Your idea of organized Christianity seems to be quite different than that of mine. I follow Biblical Chistianity and the teachings of the rapture as it is taught in the Bible. Read I Thes. 4:13-18. In I Thes. 4:17 it says, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air ..."

I read the scripture you're quoting, and to me it's saying that you shouldn't worry about those who have passed away because they're truly not dead and gone forever - just until Christ comes again. I think the passage is meant to comfort those who have lost loved ones, not necessarily meant to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    I read the scripture you're quoting, and to me it's saying that you shouldn't worry about those who have passed away because they're truly not dead and gone forever - just until Christ comes again. I think the passage is meant to comfort those who have lost loved ones, not necessarily meant to be taken literally.
    Here is the problem with personal interpretations of religion:

Romans 8:7: "Because the carnal(natural, fleshy, biological) mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be".

If this is true, if the bible is the word of God, the above scripture will produce at least two basic results:

1.No one can claim authority as physical representative of God's word, because no natural mind can be subject to God's laws.
    2. Any attempt to interpret the truth of God's word by human reason will produce an near infinity of religions concerning God.

If you look at the world around you, you will notice that there over 30,000 cults, sects, and denominations that claim to represent Christ, all of them believing that they have the truth.

But they can't, because we know that truth is consistent with itself. truth is consistent with all truth. 30,000 varieties of christianity tells us that most, if not all, are wrong.

If there are that many versions to choose from, and if the natural mind is enmity against God, what method of proof could you possible offer that would demonstrate your opinion as superior to mine?

The simple fact is, you can't. Every attempt to live by God's law will produce "speciation" and individuality in all people.

That, in fact, is what Jesus claimed would result as people did try to follow him as he followed the law. Read Matthew 10:34-38.

We can only conclude that if God did create the world, he did not create it to produce mindless unity and collectivism, but individuality where every person would have to think and question for him/herself.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    You know, from the beginning of recorded history, there have been legends and stories and religions that showed a "savior" of some kind or another....

There have been wars and rumors of wars for as long as there have been people to fight in them.

There have been famines for as long as there has been people to suffer through.....and pestilences back as far as there were living things to catch something....and earthquakes as far back as the first plate shifting....

If these things mark the beginning of sorrows.....sorrow must have begun a LONG time ago.....which means that we have always been in the end times....since the VERY beginning....according to your creationist account of things.....

To answer your other. If all of a sudden millions of people disappeared "in the blink of an eye" I would be impressed.

Hell! I'd be impressed if you came to visit me where I live and commanded the tree growing in my front yard to uproot itself and hop into my backyard in the name of your christ...
    Should be a bit easier than moving a mountain....

So whichever comes first. lol
    The difference in Jesus being the Savior, is that Jesus is God in the flesh. Men have claimed to be saviors but never be the Savior.

I recent history there has been an increase in major wars (ie WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, etc.) and we are now experiencing many rumors of wars (ie North Korean, Iran, Somalia, USR, China, etc.) There has been much talk about a WWIII in the near future.

There has been an increase in diseases in recent years as well such as AIDS and HPV. There are now about 34 different venerial diseases. Years ago, the most common ones were gonorrhea and syphilis.

Lastly, there has been an increase in earthquakes in number and intensity. the most recent one being in Afganistan. the USA has had several quakes in Oklahoma and there is a rumor that there will soon be a big one tied into Yellow Stone National Park. (There is also a rumor of a large volcano that could soon be formed in Yellow Stone.) There is also a prediction that a tsunami will hit the California coast soon.

Therefore, I believe that Jesus was telling the truth and that we are living in the last days. What Jesus is refering to was the increase of these things to come. There will be many more disasters to come with more intensity. FEMA is preparing for this, as they are setting up many disaster camps around the USA. Alaska has the biggest camp and is already in operation.
    Last edited by TerryP; 04-19-2009 at 08:57 PM.

The difference in Jesus being the Savior, is that Jesus is God in the flesh. Men have claimed to be saviors but never be the Savior.

I recent history there has been an increase in major wars (ie WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, etc.) and we are now experiencing many rumors of wars (ie North Korean, Iran, Somalia, USR, China, etc.) There has been much talk about a WWIII in the near future.

There has been an increase in diseases in recent years as well such as AIDS and HPV. There are now about 34 different venerial diseases. Years ago, the most common ones were gonorrhea and syphilis.

Lastly, there has been an increase in earthquakes in number and intensity. the most recent one being in Afganistan. the USA has had several quakes in Oklahoma and there is a rumor that there will soon be a big one tied into Yellow Stone National Park. (There is also a rumor of a large volcano that could soon be formed in Yellow Stone.) There is also a prediction that a tsunami will hit the California coast soon.

Therefore, I believe that Jesus was telling the truth and that we are living in the last days. What Jesus is refering to was the increase of these things to come. There will be many more disasters to come with more intensity. FEMA is preparing for this, as they are setting up many disaster camps around the USA. Alaska has the biggest camp and is already in operation.

Where did he say that there will be an increase?

Could it be possible that there have always been crazy things going on in the world, but with better world communication, we are aware of more things that happened all the time?

I can't really say one way or another concerning natural disasters, because I've not really paid a lot of attention to the amount....they happen all the time....

But if anything, diseases are being controlled and cured at a pretty swift rate, are they not?

In my preparation for my desert adventure, I - much to my dismay..... - had to get a typhoid shot, anthrax shot, small pox, and get some blood drawn for testing...
    Typhoid, anthrax, and small pox may have been a menace at one time...and are still not to be taken lightly, but the threat is not as bad now as it was years ago...
    Whether people heard about it or not, there were many people dying from these things somewhere or other...

Besides that, what about all the killing talked about in the old testament?
    Hell, god supposedly wiped out the entire planet's inhabitants in a flood at one point...

Pestilence? What about how the Philistines were inflicted? Or the plagues of Egypt?

Famines? Ever read the story of Joseph?

What about Elijah's story?

Pretty hockie....but it would seem that in your own storybook, there is no small amount of the things Jesus mentions
    Last edited by bibleman; 04-20-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Do you REALLy believe that Terry?? Do you really think, for instance, that a Christian airplane pilot will disappear leaving all those who were unfortunate enough to be on his plane and to have grown up in non-Christian communities to plunge to a flaming death? Is that what you WANT to happen?
    http://fitnessvideou.com/
    Where fitness professionals go to learn how to use video to promote their business

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

An increase in wars?
    1800–1809
    1800 War of the Castes in Haiti
    1801 War of the boobs
    1801–1805 First Barbary War
    1801–1807 Temme War
    1802–1805 Second War of Haitian Independence
    1802–1805 Second Anglo-Maratha War
    1803–1804 British Expedition to Ceylon
    1803 Emmet's Insurrection
    1803–1815 Napoleonic Wars
    1803-1805 War of the Third Coalition
    1805–1810 Franco-Swedish War
    1806–1807 War of the Fourth Coalition
    1806–1812 Russo-Turkish War
    1807–1809 Anglo-Turkish War
    1807–1814 Peninsular War
    1807–1814 Gunboat War (aka Seven Years' War)
    1814 Norwegian-Swedish War
    1807–1812 Anglo-Russian War
    1808–1809 Dano-Swedish War
    1809 War of the Fifth Coalition
    1809–1810 Tyrolean rebellion
    1812 Franco-Russian War
    1813 War of Liberation, 1813
    1813–1814 War of the Sixth Coalition
    1815 Neapolitan War
    1815 War of the Seventh Coalition (aka the Hundred Days War)
    1804–1806 First Serbian Uprising
    1804–1810 Fulani War in Nigeria
    1804–1813 Russo-Persian War, 1804-13
    1804–1835 Black War
    1805–1811 Egyptian Revolution
    1805 Janissaries' Revolt
    1806–1807 British invasions of the Río de la Plata
    1806–1807 Ashanti-Fante War
    1806–1811 Christophe's Secession
    1806 Vellore Mutiny Vellore battle of independence from British
    1806 Second Convict Rebellion
    1807–1808 Janissaries' Revolt
    1807–1818 Mtetwa Empire Expansion
    1808–1809 Finnish War
    1808–1809 Santo Dominican Restoration
    1808 Bantam Conquest
    1809–1825 Bolivian Independence War

[edit] 1810 - 1819
    1810-1819 Colombian War of Independence
    1810-1816 Argentine War of Independence
    1810-1811 Anglo-Dutch Java War
    1810-1817 Merina Conquest: Madagascar
    1810-1820 Punjab War
    1810 Chilean Revolt
    1810 Conquest of Hawaii
    1810-1818 Amadu's Jihad
    1810 Lamu Expansion
    1810-1821 Mexican War of Independence
    1811 4th Cape Frontier War
    1811 Ga-Fante War
    1811 Banda Oriental Occupation
    1811-1812 Korean Revolt
    1811 Owu War
    1811 Tecumseh's War
    1811-1818 Ottoman-Saudi War
    1811-1825 Independence of New Granada and Venezuela
    1811-1823 Venezuelan War of Independence
    1815-1816 Spanish reconquest of New Granada
    1819-1820 Bolívar's campaign to liberate New Granada
    1822 Ecuadorian War of Independence
    1824-1825 Bolivian War of Independence
    1812-1815 War of 1812
    1813-1814 The Creek War
    1814-1816 The Gurkha War
    1814-1816 Ashanti Invasion of the Gold Coast
    1814-1824 San Martin's War
    1814-1826 Chilean War of Independence
    1815 Second Barbary War
    1815-1817 Second Serbian Uprising
    1817-1864 Caucasian War
    1817-1818 Third Anglo-Maratha War
    1817-1819 Zulu Civil War
    1817-1858 Seminole Wars
    1817-1818 First Seminole War
    1835-1842 Second Seminole War
    1855-1858 Third Seminole War
    1818-1819 5th Cape Frontier War
    1818-1828 Zulu Wars of Conquest

[edit] 1820 - 1829
    1820-1823 Spanish Civil War, 1820–1823
    1821-1831 Greek War of Independence
    1821-1823 Ottoman–Persian War (1821–1823)
    1821-1837 Padri War in Indonesia
    1822-1844 Haitian Invasion of the Dominican Republic
    1823-1826 First Burmese War
    1824 Peruvian War of Independence
    1825-1828 Russo-Persian War, 1825–1828
    1825-1828 Argentina-Brazil War, Brazil against Argentina Confederation and Uruguayan partisans.
    1825-1830 Java War
    1828-1829 Gran Colombia-Peru War
    1828-1834 Liberal Wars
    1828-1829 Russo-Turkish War, 1828–1829

[edit] 1830 - 1839
    1830 July Revolution in France
    1830-1831 Polish-Russian war following November Uprising
    1830-1839 Belgian Revolution and the Ten days campaign
    1831-1834 Siamese-Vietnamese War
    1832 Black Hawk War
    1832-1841 Egyptian–Ottoman War
    1833-1840 First Carlist War
    1834-1836 6th Cape Frontier War
    1835 Toledo War
    1835-1836 Texas Revolution
    1835-1845 War of Tatters
    1836-1839 War of the Confederation
    1837-1838 Patriot War
    1837-1838 Rebellions of 1837 in Canada
    1837-1838 Lower Canada Rebellion
    1837-1838 Upper Canada Rebellion
    1838 Zulu–Boer War
    1838 Missouri Mormon War
    1838 Pastry War
    1838-1839 Aroostook War
    1839 Honey War
    1839-1842 First Anglo-Afghan War
    1839-1842 First Opium War
    1839-1851 Uruguayan Civil War

[edit] 1840 - 1849
    1841-1845 Siamese-Vietnamese War
    1843-1872 New Zealand Wars
    1843 Wairau Massacre
    1845-1846 Flagstaff War (aka Northern War)
    1846 Hutt Valley Campaign
    1847 Wanganui Campaign
    1860-1861 First Taranaki War
    1863-1864 Invasion of the Waikato
    1864 Tauranga Campaign
    1864-1866 Second Taranaki War
    1865-1868 East Cape War
    1868-1869 Titokowaru's War
    1868-1872 Te Kooti's War
    1843-1849 Dominican War of Independence
    1845-1846 First Anglo-Sikh War
    1846 7th Cape Frontier War
    1846-1849 Second Carlist War
    1846-1848 Mexican-American War
    1848-1866 Italian Independence wars
    1848-1849 First Italian Independence War, Kingdom of Sardinia allied with other Italian states against Austria
    1859 Second Italian Independence War, Sardinia and France against Austria
    1866 Third Italian Independence War, Unified Italy against Austria
    1848-1849 Second Anglo-Sikh War
    1848-1849 Hungarian Revolt of 1848
    1848-1851 First Schleswig War (aka First Danish-German War, aka Three Years' War)

[edit] 1850 - 1859
    1851-1853 8th Cape Frontier War
    1852 Brazil, Uruguay's Colorado government and Entre Ríos and Corrientes (Argentine provinces) against Argentine government under Brigadier General Juan Manuel de Rosas.
    1852 Second Burmese War
    1853-1856 Crimean War
    1856-1857 Campaign of 1856-1857
    1856-1860 Second Opium War
    1856-1857 Anglo-Persian War
    1857-1858 Indian Mutiny
    1857-1858 Utah War
    1857-1901 Caste War of Yucatán
    1859 Austro-Sardinian War
    1859-1863 Federal War (Guerra Federal) in Venezuela.

[edit] 1860 - 1869
    1860-1873 Russian Conquests of Central Asia
    1860-1861 Second Maori War
    1861-1865 American Civil War
    1861-1867 Franco-Mexican War
    1863 Anglo-Satsuma War
    1863-1865 January Uprising in Poland.
    1863-1868 Japanese Civil War
    1863-1866 Third Maori War
    1864 Second Schleswig War (aka Second Danish-German War)
    1864-1868 Snake War
    1864-1870 War of the Triple Alliance (aka Paraguay War)
    1865-1866 Chincha Islands War (Spain against Chile and Peru)
    1866 Austro-Prussian War (aka Seven Weeks War)
    1866-1868 Red Cloud's War
    1868-1869 Boshin War in Japan
    1868-1878 Ten Years' War

[edit] 1870 - 1879
    1870-1871 Franco-Prussian War
    1872-1873 Modoc War
    1873-1904 Aceh War, Netherlands colonial war in Aceh (aka Thirty Years War)
    1873-1874 Second Ashanti War
    1874-1875 Red River War
    1876-1877 Black Hills War
    1877 Satsuma Rebellion in Satsuma, Japan
    1877-1878 9th Cape Frontier War
    1877-1878 Russo-Turkish War, 1877-78
    1878 Lincoln County War
    1878-1880 Second Anglo-Afghan War
    1879 Anglo-Zulu War
    1879-1884 War of the Pacific

[edit] 1880 - 1889
    1880-1881 Gun War
    1880-1881 First Boer War
    1884-1885 Franco-Chinese War
    1884-1899 the Mahdist War
    1885 North-West Rebellion
    1885 Serbo-Bulgarian War
    1885-1887 Third Anglo-Burmese War

[edit] 1890 - 1899
    1890 Dog Tax War in New Zealand
    1890 First Franco-Dahomean War
    1891 Chilean Civil War
    1892-1894 Second Franco-Dahomean War
    1893-1894 Rif War (1893)
    1894-1895 First Sino-Japanese War
    1895-1896 First Italo–Ethiopian War
    1895-1898 Cuban War of Independence
    1896 Anglo-Zanzibar War
    1896-1898 Philippine Revolution
    1897 First Greco-Turkish War, (aka the Thirty Days' War)
    1897-1898 Anglo-Pathan War
    1898 Spanish-American War
    1899-1901 Boxer Rebellion in China
    1899-1902 Second Boer War
    1899-1902 Thousand Days War
    1899-1913 Philippine-American War

History not your subject?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    An increase in wars?
    History not your subject?
    No, no, no....

Too contemporary...

1499–1503 Third Ottoman–Venetian War
    1500–1504 Second Italian War
    1500-1537 Muscovite-Lithuanian Wars
    1508–1516 War of the League of Cambrai
    1509 First Portuguese–Turkish War
    1509–1512 Ottoman Civil War
    1514–1516 Ottoman–Safavid War
    1515 Slovenian peasant revolt of 1515
    1516–1517 Ottoman–Mamluk War
    1519-1521 Polish-Teutonic War (1519–1521)
    1520–1521 Spanish Conquest of Mexico
    1520–1522 Uprising of the Comuneros in Castile
    1521–1526 Italian War of 1521
    1521–1523 The Swedish War of Liberation
    1521–1526 Ottoman–Hungarian War
    1522 Ottoman Conquest of Rhodes
    1522 The Knights' War
    1524–1525 The Peasants' War
    1524–1697 Spanish wars against the Mayas.
    1526–1528 Hungarian Civil War
    1526–1555 Fourth Ottoman–Venetian War
    1526-1576 Mughal Conquest of India
    1526–1530 War of the League of Cognac
    1528-1540 campaigns of Ahmad ibn Ibrihim al-Ghazi
    1529 First war of Kappel
    1529-1532 Inca Civil War
    1528–1533 Ottoman–Habsburg War in Hungary
    1531 Second war of Kappel
    1532-1544 Spanish Conquest of Peru
    1532–1546 Ottoman–Spanish Habsburg War in the Mediterranean
    1532–1555 Ottoman–Persian War
    1533–1536 The Counts' War in Denmark
    1535–1538 Italian War of 1535
    1538-1557 Second Portuguese–Turkish War
    1542–1546 Italian War of 1542
    1542-1543 Dacke War
    1537–1544 Renewed Ottoman–Habsburg War in Hungary
    1540 Russo-Kazan War
    1546–1547 Schmalkaldic War
    1551–1559 Italian War of 1551
    1551–1562 Ottoman–Habsburg War in Hungary
    1551–1581 Ottoman–Habsburg War in the Mediterranean
    1552–1555 Charles V's war with Maurice of Saxony
    1552 Conquest of Kazan
    1554–1557 Second Russo–Swedish War
    1558–1583 Livonian War
    1559–1560 Scottish Rebellion against the French
    1562–1598 Wars of Religion (aka War of the Three Henries or Huguenot Wars) in France
    1562–1563 First War of Religion
    1567–1568 Second War of Religion
    1568–1570 Third War of Religion
    1572–1573 Fourth War of Religion
    1575–1576 Fifth War of Religion
    1576–1577 Sixth War of Religion
    1580 Seventh War of Religion (Lovers' War)
    1585–1598 Eighth War of Religion
    1589–1598 Franco-Spanish War
    1562–1568 Ottoman–Habsburg War in Hungary
    1563–1570 Northern Seven Years' War (aka Dano–Swedish War)
    1568–1571 Morisco Revolt in Spain
    1568-1570 Russo–Turkish War
    1568–1648 Eighty Years' War (war of Dutch independence)
    1568–1609 First Phase
    1588–1654 Dutch-Portuguese War
    1621–1648 Second Phase
    1569-1583 Desmond Wars in Munster, Ireland
    1570-1573 Fifth Ottoman–Venetian War
    1570-1871 Native revolts against the Spanish empire in the Philippines
    1571 Russo-Crimean War (1571)
    1573 Croatian and Slovenian peasant revolt
    1577–1582 Livonian War
    1578–1590 Ottoman–Persian War
    1580–1583 Portuguese Civil War
    1580-1589 Third Portuguese–Turkish War
    1585–1604 Anglo–Spanish War (Defeat of the Spanish Armada, 1588)
    1590–1595 Fourth Russo–Swedish War
    1592–1598 Japanese invasions of Korea (Japan against Korea and China)
    1593–1606 "Long War" between the Habsburgs and the Turks
    1593–1617 Moldavian Magnate Wars
    1594–1603 Nine Years War in Ireland (Tyrone Rebellion)
    1596–1597 Cudgel War in Finland

[edit] 1600–1699
    1600–1611 Polish–Swedish War
    1602–1612 Turkish–Persian War
    1605–1618 Russo–Polish War
    1609 First Anglo-Powhatan War
    1610–1617 Ingrian War
    1611–1613 War of Kalmar
    1620–1621 Polish–Ottoman War
    1616–1618 Turkish–Persian War
    1617–1629 Polish-Swedish wars
    1618–1648 Thirty Years' War
    1618–1625 Bohemian/Palatine Phase
    1618–1629 Austro-Transylvanian War
    1625–1629 Danish Phase
    1625–1630 Anglo–Spanish War
    1626–1630 Anglo-French War
    1627–1631 War of the Mantuan Succession
    1630–1635 Swedish Phase
    1635–1648 French Phase
    1635–1659 Franco-Spanish War
    1643–1645 The "Hannibal War" (aka Torstenssons War)
    1645 Renewed Austro-Transylvanian War
    1620-1645 Manchu Conquest of China
    1622-1890 Indian Wars
    1623–1638 Turkish–Persian War
    1625–1629 Huguenot Uprising in France
    1627-1636 Manchu invasion of Korea
    1632–1634 Smolensk War
    1633-1634 Polish–Turkish War
    1634 Polish-Swedish War
    1637 Pequot War
    1639–1645 Kieft's War
    1639–1652 Wars of the Three Kingdoms (aka the British Civil Wars)
    1639 First Bishops' War
    1640 Second Bishops’ War
    1641–1649 Irish Confederate Wars
    1642–1646 First English Civil War
    1644–1647 Wars of the Three Kingdoms in Scotland
    1648 Second English Civil War
    1649–1651 Third English Civil War
    1649–1653 Cromwellian conquest of Ireland
    1650–1652 Cromwellian conquest of Scotland
    1651-1986 Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War
    1640–1656 Catalan Revolt
    1640–1668 Portuguese Restoration War
    1640–1701 French and Iroquois Wars (aka "Iroquois Wars" or the "Beaver Wars")
    1641–1649 Wars of Castro
    1644 Second Anglo-Powhatan War
    1644-1674 Mauritanian Thirty Years War
    1645–1669 Sixth Turkish–Venetian War ("Cretan War")
    1648–1653 The Fronde
    1648–1649 First Fronde
    1650–1653 Second Fronde
    1648–1660 The Deluge/Northern Wars, a series of wars involving Poland, Sweden, Brandenburg, Russia, Transylvania and Denmark-Norway
    1648–1654 Khmelnytsky Rebellion
    1654–1667 Russo-Polish War (1654–1667)
    1655–1656 Swedish-Brandenburg War
    1656–1658 Russo-Swedish War (1656–1658)
    1657–1658 Dano-Swedish War (1657–1658)
    1657–1660 Dutch-Swedish War
    1658–1660 Dano-Swedish War (1658–1660)
    1651-1986 Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War Perhaps the world's longest war. Fought between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly
    1652–1654 First Anglo-Dutch War
    1652–1686 Russian-Manchu border conflicts
    1654–1659 Anglo-Spanish War
    1655–1660 Peach Tree War
    1657–1662 Turkish–Transylvanian War
    1662–1664 Austro–Turkish War
    1665–1667 Second Anglo-Dutch War
    1667–1668 War of Devolution
    1670–1671 Stenka Razin Rebellion
    1671–1676 Polish–Turkish War
    1672–1678 Franco-Dutch War
    1672–1674 Third Anglo-Dutch War
    1672–1679 War between Brandenburg and Sweden
    1675–1679 Scanian War between Sweden and Denmark–Norway
    1673-1681 War of the Three Feudatories
    1675–1677 King Philip's War
    1676–1681 Russo–Turkish War
    1681-1707 War of 27 years between Mughals and the Maratha Empire
    1682–1699 War of the Holy League
    1684-1699 Seventh Turkish–Venetian War
    1683–1684 War of the Reunions
    1685 Monmouth's Rebellion
    1686–1700 Russo–Turkish War
    1687–1689 Crimean campaigns
    1695–1696 Azov campaigns
    1688–1697 War of the Grand Alliance
    1689–1697 King William's War North American part of the War of the Grand Alliance
    1689–1691 Williamite war in Ireland
    1689–1691 Jacobite Rising in Scotland
    1696 Chinese–Mongolian War
    1699–1700 Darién War

[edit] 1700–1799
    1700–1721 Great Northern War
    1710–1711 Pruth Campaign
    1715–1717 Polish revolt against King Augustus II
    1702-1715 Camisard Rebellion
    1701–1714 War of Spanish Succession
    1702–1713 Queen Anne's War The North American part of the War of Spanish Succession
    1703–1711 Hungarian Revolt
    1707–1709 Astrakhan Rebellion
    1711 Tuscarora War
    1712–1714 First Fox War
    1714–1718 Eighth Turkish-Venetian War
    1715–1717 Yamasee War
    1715–1716 First Jacobite Rising, "The Fifteen"
    1716–1718 Austro-Turkish War
    1718–1720 War of the Quadruple Alliance
    1722 Dummer's War in Maine
    1722–1723 Russo-Persian War, 1722–1723
    1722–1727 Turco-Persian War, 1722–1727
    1728–1737 Second Fox War
    1730–1736 Turco-Persian War, 1730–1736
    1733–1738 War of the Polish Succession
    1736–1739 Russo-Turkish War, 1736–1739
    1737–1739 Austro-Turkish War, 1737–1739
    1740–1748 War of the Austrian Succession
    1739–1748 War of Jenkins' Ear
    1740–1742 First Silesian War
    1741–1743 Hats' Russian War
    1744–1748 King George's War The North American part of the War of Austrian Succession
    1744–1745 Second Silesian War
    1744–1748 First Carnatic War
    1745–1746 Second Jacobite Rising, "The Forty-Five"
    1740-1779 Revolt of the Comuneros (New Granada)
    1743–1747 Turco–Persian War
    1748–1754 Second Carnatic War
    1756–1763 Seven Years' War
    1754–1763 French and Indian War (U.S. name for North American phase)
    1756–1763 Third Silesian War
    1756–1763 Third Carnatic War
    1759–1763 Anglo-Cherokee War
    1761–1763 Spanish-Portuguese War, 1761-1763
    1763–1766 Pontiac's Rebellion
    1766–1799 Anglo–Mysore Wars
    1766–1769 First Anglo-Mysore War
    1780–1784 Second Anglo-Mysore War
    1789–1792 Third Anglo-Mysore War
    1798–1799 Fourth Anglo-Mysore War
    1768 Rebellion of 1768
    1768–1774 Russo–Turkish War, 1768–1774
    1768–1776 War of the Confederation of Bar in Poland
    1773–1774 Pugachev's Rebellion
    1774–1783 First Anglo-Maratha War
    1775–1783 American Revolutionary War or American War of Independence
    1778–1783 Anglo-French War
    1779–1783 Anglo–Spanish War
    1780–1784 Fourth Anglo-Dutch War
    1777–1779 War of the Bavarian Succession
    1779–1879 Cape Frontier Wars
    1779 1st Cape Frontier War
    1793 2nd Cape Frontier War
    1799–1801 3rd Cape Frontier War
    1811 4th Cape Frontier War
    1818–1819 5th Cape Frontier War
    1834–1836 6th Cape Frontier War
    1846 7th Cape Frontier War
    1851–1853 8th Cape Frontier War
    1877–1878 9th Cape Frontier War
    1785–1787 Dutch Civil War
    1787–1791 Austro-Turkish War, 1787–1791
    1787–1792 Russo–Turkish War, 1787–1792
    1788–1790 Gustav III's Russian War (aka Russo-Swedish War)
    1788 The Lingonberry War between Denmark-Norway and Sweden
    1791–1804 Haitian Revolution
    1792 War in defence of the constitution in Poland
    1792–1802 French Revolutionary Wars
    1792–1797 War of the First Coalition
    1792–1795 Franco-Prussian War
    1792–1797 Franco-Austrian War
    1793–1795 Franco-Spanish War
    1793–1795 Franco-Dutch War
    1793–1802 Franco-British War

1793–1796 Revolt in the Vendée

1798–1801 War of the Second Coalition
    1798–1799 Franco-Russian War
    1799–1801 Franco-Austrian War

1798–1800 Quasi-War
    1794 Kościuszko Uprising in Poland
    1795–1804 United Irishmen Revolt see Irish Rebellion of 1798, against British rule in Ireland.
    1796 Persian Expedition of Catherine the Great

Still too "new?"

How about this?

1010 Second Goryeo-Khitan War
    1014 The Battle of Clontarf, Ireland leading to the expulsion of the Vikings by Irish forces under King Brian Boru.
    1015–1016 Canute the Great's conquest of England
    1018 Kiev Expedition (1018)
    1019 Toi invasion
    1019 Third Goryeo-Khitan War
    1021–1042 Byzantine-Georgian wars
    1030 Ladejarl-Fairhair succession wars
    1043–1044 Rus'-Byzantine War
    1051–1063 Early Nine Years' War
    1064–1308 Byzantine-Seljuk wars
    1066 Norman Conquest
    1067–1068 War of the Three Sanchos
    1081–1180 Restoration of the Byzantine Empire
    1081–1492 Spanish Reconquista
    1095–1291 Crusades
    1095-1099 First Crusade

[edit] 1100 – 1199
    1095-1291 The Crusades
    1095-1099 First Crusade
    1101 Crusade of 1101
    1147–1149 Second Crusade
    1187–1191 Third Crusade
    1202–1204 Fourth Crusade
    1209–1229 Albigensian Crusade
    1212 Children's Crusade
    1217–1221 Fifth Crusade
    1228 Sixth Crusade
    1248–1254 Seventh Crusade
    1270 Eighth Crusade
    1271–1291 Ninth Crusade
    1122–1127 Jurchen-Sung War
    1147-1242 Northern Crusades Conflicts distinct from those of the Crusades
    1159–1176 War of the Lombard League
    1160–1184 Danish-Slavic Wars
    May 1, 1169 - The English backed Norman invasion of Ireland
    1170–1203 Khmer-Cham War
    1180–1185 Genpei War
    1185–1186 Vlach-Bulgarian Rebellion

[edit] 1200 – 1299
    1208–1227 Conquest of Estonia
    1211–1276 Mongol invasion of China
    1213–1214 Angevin-Flanders War
    1215–1217 First Barons' War
    1218–1222 Mongol invasion of Central Asia
    1223–1480 Mongol invasion of Rus
    1223–1236 Mongol invasion of Volga Bulgaria
    1231–1273 Mongol invasions of Korea
    1235–1262 Civil war in Iceland - Sturlunga era
    1240 Russo-Swedish War
    1241–1242 Mongol invasion of Europe
    1242 Teutonic-Novogorod War
    1260–1274 The Great Prussian Uprising
    1262–1267 Berke-Hulagu war
    1264–1267 Second Barons' War
    1266–1268 French conquest of Sicily
    1274–1281 Mongol invasion of Japan
    1284–1302 War of the Sicilian Vespers
    1287 Mongol invasion of Poland
    1288 Mongol invasion of Vietnam
    1296–1328 First War of Scottish Independence

[edit] 1300 – 1399
    1301–1453 Byzantine-Ottoman wars
    1302 French-Flemish War
    1308 Teutonic takeover of Danzig (Gdańsk)
    1315 Swiss War of Independence
    1315–1318 Irish War of Independence led by self proclaimed High King of Ireland, Edward Bruce younger brother of Scottish King, Robert the Bruce
    1321–1322 Kexholms War
    1323–1328 Peasant revolt in Flanders 1323–1328
    1325–1330 Hungarian–Wallachian Wars
    1326–1332 Polish-Teutonic War (1326–1332)
    1332–1333 Second War of Scottish Independence
    1336–1392 Nanboku-chō period
    1337–1453 Hundred Years' War
    1341–1364 Breton War of Succession
    1358 Jacquerie popular revolt
    1375–1378 War of the Eight Saints
    1380 Muscovite-Mongol War
    1383–1385 1383-1385 Crisis in Portugal
    1385–1399 Tokhtamysh-Timur war
    1386–1389 Ottoman-Serbian War
    1386–1404 Timur's invasions of Georgia

[edit] 1400 – 1499
    1400–1402 Ottoman-Timurid War
    1405–1427 Chinese conquest of Vietnam
    1409–1410 Polish-Lithuanian-Teutonic War
    1414 Hunger War
    1422 Oei Invasion
    1420–1436 Hussite Wars
    1422 Ottoman siege of Constantinople
    1422 Gollub War
    1425–1454 Wars in Lombardy
    1431–1435 Polish-Teutonic War (1431–1435)
    1443–1468 Albanian resistance against the invading Ottomans
    1453 Fall of Constantinople
    1454 – 1466 Thirteen Years' War
    1455–1485 Wars of the Roses
    1456 Ottoman siege of Belgrade
    1460–1462 Ottoman-Wallachian War
    1467–1477 Ōnin War
    1467–1603 Wars of Sengoku Period in Japan
    1471 First Swedish-Danish War
    1474–1477 Burgundian Wars between the Duchy of Burgundy and the Swiss Confederation
    1478 – War between the Principality of Moscow and the Republic of Novgorod
    1478–1479 War of the Priests
    1480 Ottoman siege of Rhodes
    1482–1484 War of Ferrara
    1494–1559 Italian Wars
    1494–1498 Charles VIII's Italian War
    1499–1500 Louis XII's war with Milan
    1496–1499 First Russo-Swedish War
    1499 Swabian War
    1499-1503 Ottoman-Venetian War

...awe, but those are STILL a bit too close to us....

Here ya go...

Battle of Zhuolu about 2500 BC
    Kurukshetra War, based on warfare in the Kuru kingdom of ancient India, ca. 1200-900 BC
    Trojan War, based on events of ca. 1200 BC
    ca. 2530 BC - Battle of Magh Ithe in Ireland
    ca. 2500-2450 BC - Border wars between Umma and Lagash
    ca. 2492 BC - Battle between Haik and Nimrod
    ca. 2330 BC - conquest of Sumer by Lugalzagesi
    2300 BC - conquests of Sargon of Akkad
    ca. 1720 BC - Kassite attacks on Babylon
    1650-1600 BC - conquests of Hattusili I and Mursili I
    1600 BC - Hyksos conquest of Egypt
    1600 BC - Xia-Shang War in China
    1430-1350 BC - Kaska invasions of Hatti
    1100 BC - Sea Peoples harrying the Mediterranean; Dorian invasion
    1046 BC - Shang-Zhou War in China.

[edit] 999 BC - 1 BC
    740 BC - 720 BC First Messenian War
    722 BC - 481 BCE Wars of the Chinese Spring and Autumn Period
    710 BC - 650 BC - Lelantine War
    701 BC - Sennacherib's campaigns in the Near East
    685 BC - 668 BC Second Messenian War
    580 BC - 265 BC Sicilian Wars or Greek Punic Wars
    480 BC First Sicilian campaign (Battle of Himera)
    410 BC - 340 BC Second Sicilian campaign
    315 BC - 307 BC Third Sicilian campaign
    499 BC - 448 BC Persian Wars
    499 BC - 494 BC Ionian Revolt
    492 BC - 490 BC First Persian invasion of Greece
    480 BC - 479 BC Second Persian invasion of Greece
    487 BC - 448 BC Greek counterattack
    475 BC - 221 BC Wars of Warring States Period in China
    431 BC - 404 BC Peloponnesian War
    395 BC - 387 BC Corinthian War
    357 BC - 355 BC Social War
    356 BC - 346 BC Third Sacred War
    343 BC - 290 BC Samnite Wars between Rome and Samnium
    343 BC - 341 BC First Samnite War
    327 BC - 304 BC Second Samnite War
    298 BC - 290 BC Third Samnite War
    334 BC - 323 BC Wars of Alexander the Great
    323 BC - 322 BC Lamian War
    323 BC - 280 BC Wars of the Diadochi
    274 BC - 200 BC Syrian Wars
    274 BC - 271 BC First Syrian War
    260 BC - 255 BC Second Syrian War
    245 BC - 241 BC Third Syrian War
    219 BC - 217 BC Fourth Syrian War
    202 BC - 200 BC Fifth Syrian War
    267 BC - 261 BC Chremonidean War
    265 BC - 263 BC Kalinga War
    264 BC - 146 BC Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage
    264 BC - 241 BC First Punic War
    239 BC First Battle of Ballyboghill
    218 BC - 202 BC Second Punic War
    149 BC - 146 BC Third Punic War
    215 BC - 168 BC Macedonian Wars
    215 BC - 205 BC First Macedonian War
    200 BC - 196 BC Second Macedonian War
    171 BC - 168 BC Third Macedonian War
    209 BC - 88 BC Parthian–Seleucid Wars
    206 BC - 202 BC Chu-Han contention in China
    191 BC - 188 BC Roman-Syrian War
    135 BC - 71 BC Roman Servile Wars
    135 BC - 132 BC First Servile War
    104 BC - 100 BC Second Servile War
    73 BC - 71 BC Third Servile War or Spartacist Rebellion
    133 BC - 89 BC Sino-Xiongnu War
    122 BC - 105 BC Jugurthine War
    113 BC - 101 BC Cimbrian War
    91 BC - 88 BC Social War
    88 BC - 87 BC Sulla's first civil war
    89 BC - 63 BC Mithridatic Wars
    89 BC - 85 BC First Mithridatic War
    83 BC - 82 BC Second Mithridatic War
    74 BC - 63 BC Third Mithridatic War
    82 BC - 81 BC Sulla's second civil war
    58 BC - 50 BC Julius Caesar's Gallic Wars
    55 BC - 54 BC Julius Caesar's Roman invasion of Britain
    53 BC - 51 BC Parthian War of Marcus Licinius Crassus
    49 BC - 45 BC Caesar's civil war
    44 BC - 30 BC Roman Civil War
    44 BC Post-Caesarian civil war
    44 BC - 42 BC The Liberators' civil war
    44 BC - 36 BC Sicilian revolt
    41 BC - 40 BC Fulvia's civil war
    32 BC - 30 BC Antony's civil war
    40 BC - 37 BC Parthian invasion on Syria and Asia Minor
    36 BC - 33 BC Marc Anthony's invasion on Parthian Empire
    34 BC-22 BC Chinese War

[edit] AD 1 - 999
    43 Aulus Plautius' Roman occupation of Britain
    58 - 63 Roman-Parthian War over Armenia
    60 - 61 Boudica's Uprising
    66 - 70 The first Jewish-Roman War (aka the Great Jewish Revolt)
    68 Year of the four emperors, Roman civil war
    101 - 106 Trajan's Dacian Wars
    115 - 117 Trajan' s invasion on Parthian Empire
    115 - 117 Second Jewish-Roman War
    132 - 135 Third Jewish-Roman War (aka Bar Kokhba's revolt)
    161 - 166 Parthian war of Lucius Verus
    166 - 180 Marcomannic Wars
    184 - 205 Yellow Turban Rebellion in China
    190 - 191 Campaign against Dong Zhuo in China - A War of the Three Kingdoms
    193 - 199 Parthian war of Septimius Severus
    194 - 199 Sun Ce's Conquest of Wu in China - A War of the Three Kingdoms
    215 - 217 Parthian war of Caracalla
    220 - 265 War of Three Kingdoms in China
    228 - 234 Northern Expeditions of Zhuge Liang in China
    247 - 262 Jiang Wei's Northern Expeditions in China- A War of the Three Kingdoms
    272 - 274 Palmyrene War of Aurelian
    291 - 306 War of the Eight Princes in China
    316 - 589 Civil Wars in China triggered by Wu Hu Invasion, lasted until 589 by Southern and Northern Dynasties
    376 - 382 Gothic War in the Balkans
    502 - 506 Anastasian War against the Persians
    526 - 532 Iberian War between East Romans and Persians over Caucasian Iberia
    527 - 528 Iwai Rebellion in Japan
    533 - 534 Vandalic War in North Africa
    534 - 547 Wars against the Moors in North Africa
    535 - 553 Gothic War in Italy
    541 - 562 Lazic War between East Romans and Persians over Lazica
    572 - 591 Roman-Persian War of 572–591
    588 First Perso-Turkic War
    598 - 614 Goguryeo-Sui Wars in Korea
    ~600 - 793 Frisian-Frankish Wars
    619 Second Perso-Turkic War
    627 Battle of Nineveh (627), Third Perso-Turkic War
    632 - 633 Ridda wars
    632 - 677 Byzantine-Arab Wars
    633 - 651 Islamic Conquest of Sassanid Empire
    639 - 641 Islamic conquest of Egypt
    645 - 668 Goguryeo-Tang Wars in Korea
    656 – 661 First Islamic civil war
    650s-737 Khazar-Arab Wars
    660 - 676 Silla-Tang Wars in Korea
    663 Battle of Baekgang
    672 Jinshin War
    680 - 1355 Byzantine-Bulgarian Wars
    711 - 718 Islamic conquest of Hispania
    715 - 718 Frankish Civil War
    717 - 718 Siege of Constantinople by the Arabs
    718 - 1492 Spanish Reconquista
    732 Balhae expedition to Tang China
    721 - 737 Arab-Frankish Wars
    751 Arab-Chinese War
    756 - 763 An Shi Rebellion China
    772 - 804 Saxon Wars
    793 - 1066 Viking raids across Europe
    827 - 902 Arab conquest of Sicily
    868 - 883 Zanj Rebellion in southern Iraq
    892 - 936 Later Three Kingdoms in Korea
    894 - 970 Magyar raids in Germany, France, Italy and Byzantine
    907 - 960 Chinese Civil War (Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms)
    927 Croatian-Bulgarian War
    941 Siege of Constantinople by the Russians
    977 - 978 War of the Three Henries
    993 First Goryeo-Khitan War
    995 Battle Of Mount Si High
    999 Viking Civil War

....well, got a bit carried away with wiki searches.....hehehe

But it seems there is not a shortage of wars...at any of the "time frames" listed.

I'd bet there are wars missing from those lists, and many, many rumors during the times that did or did not come to pass.

Check this out for an incomplete list of earthquakes...

http://www.vency.com/Earthquakes.html