+ Reply to Thread

Spec Global Tech Link Services

Morning all, I am new here and looking for some help with the company listed in the title thread. I replied to a job listing looking for people to work from home. I received a response a few days later, telling me about the company and they had a questionare that I have to fill out- just normal interview questions. What are your strengths, things like that. The only personal thing they asked was my full name, which is on the resume i sent them anyway.
    I tried to search them up on 411.com and did some regular google searches. But I cant find anything about this company. Could anyone give me some pointers as to where I can find out if this company is legit?

Re: Spec Global Tech Link Services

Spec Global Tech Link Services is one best company i have ever worked for, the reason why most people wont have heard of them before is simply because most of their workers are work from home staffs and apart for their supervisors, To answer the question whether or not it is a good company to work for…the answer is an emphatic yes, It's a great company to work for - Because I benefited from them such as nice salary, performance bonuses e.t.c before setting up my own stuff.
    Its a good company to work for the managers are decent and are a good laugh! ... I have recently taken its opportunity to do my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by u4ia View Post
    Morning all, I am new here and looking for some help with the company listed in the title thread. I replied to a job listing looking for people to work from home. I received a response a few days later, telling me about the company and they had a questionare that I have to fill out- just normal interview questions. What are your strengths, things like that. The only personal thing they asked was my full name, which is on the resume i sent them anyway.
    I tried to search them up on 411.com and did some regular google searches. But I cant find anything about this company. Could anyone give me some pointers as to where I can find out if this company is legit?

Quote Originally Posted by u4ia View Post
    I also have applied for this company. They have asked questions that would not be of any use to them as far as identity theft - yet. They did ask me today how I would want my paycheck - mail or direct deposit. I sent back a check response so we will see if they respond again. I looked up their regional office in Washington DC on the USPS website and the address is undeliverable. There is nothing on the web about them and the email address is with yahoo. I would think if this company is professional that they would have a business email account. I don't know for sure but be careful. The email today stated that I would recieve a Dell laptop to assist me in my work. It all seems a little too good to be true. I do have accounting experience so technically I would be qualified. It would be interesting to know how many people that had no experience recieved the same emails we did. Its sad that people just can't trust other people anymore isn't it? This would be a wonderful opportunity if it proves to be true.

I received a response a few days later, telling me about the company and they had a questionare that I have to fill out- just normal interview questions.
    Is it possible to post that email?

I was contacted via my cell phone and asked to discuss employment by them via Yahoo Messenger, which I did. He mentioned a contract, saying that all of the specifics would be covered there and I asked him to email it to me. What I received was the following:

kindly forward required information below to us so that an Employee file can be open and created for you

1.FULL NAMES: 2.RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS:
    3.SEX: 4.AGE:
    5.PHONE NUMBER: 6.FAX NUMBER(IF ANY):
    7.OCCUPATION: 8.COMPANY NAME:
    9.COMPANY ADDRESS: 10.NATIONALITY:
    11.PRESENT COUNTRY: 12.STATE/PROVINCE:
    13.ZIP CODE:

On our receipt of the above details,We would know you are really interested and we can proceed with this job opening

When I wrote back saying that this isn't a contract, that I wanted to see one (which I would immediately run past my lawyer), I received the following:

Well that is our contract form in our company..if you are interested just let me know asap.. Okay

It doesn't seem very professional to me and I liken it to similar scams in which the employee is used to send out checks that are NOT valid. I've seen those contract which state that employee would be held responsible for any money owed due to invalid checking account information, etc.

I find that my bull#$%^ detector is clanging unmercifully, yelling, "Danger, Will Robinson!" Anyone who mentions a contract, then fails to provide it should be suspect.

I doubt sincerely that these people are the company here:
    http://www.techlink.com/ or that they are associated with them in any way.

You know what they say about "too good to be true." It usually is.