+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Ignoramuses on Evolution

I will first allow some of the ignoramuses prattle their gibberish on evolution before quoting an expert on the subject.

Define what is, as one self-anointed leftist called it, the "TOE".

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Ignoramuses on Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by BarackZero View Post
    I will first allow some of the ignoramuses prattle their gibberish on evolution before quoting an expert on the subject.

How about you post your misinformation on the Theory of Evolution, and I prove you wrong.

;-)
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    How about you post your misinformation on the Theory of Evolution, and I prove you wrong.

;-)
    or he could just go to wikipedia, pick an article and dissect it.
    Here's one to start with...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evoluti...heory_and_fact

OR... he could track this down, in the religion forum... the 3000+ response evolution vs creationism thread.
    This horse died a long time ago yet it still gets beat :)
    Have fun.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    or he could just go to wikipedia, pick an article and dissect it.
    Here's one to start with...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evoluti...heory_and_fact

OR... he could track this down, in the religion forum... the 3000+ response evolution vs creationism thread.
    This horse died a long time ago yet it still gets beat :)
    Have fun.
    I think they get their information on evolution is the Discovery Insitutue, ICR or Kent Hovind. All of which have had their positions scientifically refuted. Interesting thing though, while all they can do is throw mud, none have come up with any positive evidence that would support their dogma.
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

"That writers on Darwin have nevertheless almost invariably spoken of the combination of these various theories as "Darwin's theory" in the singular is in part Darwin's own doing. He not only referred to the theory of evolution by common descent as "my theory," but he also called the theory of evolution by natural selection "my theory," as if common descent and natural selection were a single theory.... [Darwin] ascribed many phenomena, particularly those of geographic distribution, to natural selection when they were really the consequences of common descent."- Ernst Mayr, noted evolutionary biologist, pointing out that natural selection is not the same as common descent

LOL...and this point of this being??? This is actually quite well known....and since Darwin penned his Theory over 150 years ago, has been noted.

Mayr was a staunch supporter and proponent of the theory of Evolution:

Mayr's theories on speciation remain the leading view of how new species evolve from common ancestors via Darwinian principles, and he provided the theoretical underpinning for the theory of punctuated equilibrium. Apart from biology, his prolific writings include influential works on the philosophy and history of science, and of biology in particular.
    Mayrís contributions /issues addressed how the mechanics of Evolution functioned, not whether Evolution worked at all or if Evolution happened.

His work supported, evened furthered our understanding of the theory of Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    LOL...and this point of this being??? This is actually quite well known....and since Darwin penned his Theory over 150 years ago, has been noted.

Mayr was a staunch supporter and proponent of the theory of Evolution:

Mayrís contributions /issues addressed how the mechanics of Evolution functioned, not whether Evolution worked at all or if Evolution happened.

His work supported, evened furthered our understanding of the theory of Evolution.
    is there any difference between OUR and YOUR!? why do you use OUR to represent YOU!? isn't that the TRICK of POLITICS!? :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

nah.

A creationists wouldn't be stupid enough to quote hovind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_hovind#Legal_problems

Afterall who'd quote a criminal arrested for fraud. Yes he once was a true American till he renounced his citizenship in an attempt to avoid paying taxes.

As to Barracks quote..... it's been 150 years people learn things. Did you really expect that someone 150 years ago would have figured all of it out......nm
    Last edited by Spector567; 04-13-2009 at 08:02 PM.

The "TOE" is one of ten of those short stubby things on your feet. How exactly does this support or refute evolution? This is assuming that TOE isn't an acronym. If it was, you should have put periods between the T O and E.
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 04-15-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    nah.

A creationists (SIC) wouldn't be stupid enough to quote hovind. (SIC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_hovind#Legal_problems

Afterall (SIC) who'd quote a criminal arrested for fraud. Yes he once was a true American till (SIC) he renounced his citizenship in an attempt to avoid paying taxes.

As to Barracks quote..... it's been 150 years people learn things. (SIC) Did you really expect that someone 150 years ago would have figured all of it out......nm
    Evidently people stopped learning things 150 years ago, at least according to Spector567.

Moreover, YOU brought up Hovind, I didn't. The subject was the DEFINITION of evolution. I notice you intentionally sidestepped this subject.

It's a common tactic of the intolerant, anti-intellectual left.

Icons of Evolution, by Jonathan Wells

Page 43 shows a splendid diagram contradicting the very foundations of Darwinism.

http://books.google.com/books?id=SjceLTQxfocC&dq=icons+of+evolution&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=7wKBsCDFND&sig=wDcuF2h7ydWJXKP6iru30I7oiKE&hl=en&ei=aUg9SvzxFpK6M7mrjaoO&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7

sry double post
    Last edited by Spector567; 06-22-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Since my last post appartly errored.

Barrack learn to read. If you had you would have realized 2 things.

I think they get their information on evolution is the Discovery Insitutue, ICR or Kent Hovind. All of which have had their positions scientifically refuted. Interesting thing though, while all they can do is throw mud, none have come up with any positive evidence that would support their dogma.
    Kent hovind was part of the conversation and I just highlighted the credibility of the people like to make money failing to disprove TOE

2. If you had read I said.
    As to Barracks quote..... it's been 150 years people learn things. Did you really expect that someone 150 years ago would have figured all of it out......nm
    You quoted something Ernst Mayr said out of context and used it to try to disprove all of TOE. Well guess what Darwin wasn't perfect, they theory has been refined for the past 150 years. Some of what Darwin originally said was not 100% correct.
    Aka it is you how expect things not to change over 150 years. Did you honestly think Darwin was some type of oracle. Knowledge grows it doesn't stay stagnate.

As for disrupting your conversation. What conversation.

No one entered this thread honestly expecting conversation. Your notable racial slurs, insults and baseless rants make you a topic for amusement and maybe institutionalization not actual debate. People stopped expecting actual conversation with you a long time ago.

However, just to show you that I do have something intelligent to add. Here are some interesting video's that should cover just about ever argument you will make for the next 3 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwywM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztejN...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65wu...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvMB...e=channel_page
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

I'd show you more but sadly the American value of free speech is apparently something that some people don't' agree with.

I speak to people in the tone they speak to others. I'm actually curious if you can manage an even tone.

[quote=Spector567;770645]Since my last post appartly (SIC) errored. (SIC)

Barrack (SIC) learn to read. If you had you would have realized 2 things.

Kent hovind (SIC) was part of the conversation and I just highlighted the credibility of the people like (SIC) to make money failing to disprove TOE

2. If you had read I said.

You quoted something Ernst Mayr said out of context and used it to try to disprove all of TOE. Well guess what Darwin wasn't perfect, they (SIC) theory has been refined for the past 150 years. Some of what Darwin originally said was not 100% correct.
    Aka it is you how (SIC) expect things not to change over 150 years. Did you honestly think Darwin was some type of oracle. Knowledge grows it doesn't stay stagnate. (SIC) [quote]

You pretend to have something worthwhile to say to me?
    Learn how to use and spell relatively simple words before you delve into science. "Drink deeply or taste not the Perian Spring."

1. I did not take Ernst Mayr "out of context."

2. I made no such attempt to "use it to disprove all of TOE."

As for disrupting your conversation. What conversation.

No one entered this thread honestly expecting conversation. Your notable racial slurs, insults and baseless rants make you a topic for amusement and maybe institutionalization not actual debate. People stopped expecting actual conversation with you a long time ago.
    It is a very popular Big Lie for leftists, atheists, agnostics, and narcissists to pretend to speak for "people." Stand on your own two feet. Show some courage and speak for yourself, without pretending that everyone is on your side, and I'm all alone. Even if that were the case, it would not deter me.

I have not been here "a long" time, so it is quite impossible for any such commentary to be made.

In any event, it is leftists, agnostics, atheists, and their kind who dislike what I have to say.

NOTE: Truth can be very unpopular, particularly when it is your ox that is being gored.

However, just to show you that I do have something intelligent to add. (SIC) (INCOMPLETE SENTENCE) Here are some interesting video's (SIC) that should cover just about ever (SIC) argument you will make for the next 3 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwywM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztejN...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65wu...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvMB...e=channel_page
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

I'd show you more but sadly the American value of free speech is apparently something that some people don't' (SIC) agree with.

I speak to people in the tone they speak to others. I'm actually curious if you can manage an even tone.
    It is very unfortunate that you seem completely unable to write without butchering the English language.

I must say that leftists had a field day mocking and ridiculing President Bush whenever he mispronounced a word, even when it was done without prepared notes. You had ample opportunity to check your work before hitting the "Submit Reply" button.

Note what happens when I Misspellll
    a word! Oh look, the website underlines it in red.

Do try to pay attention to what you write in the future. Leftists and Christophobes and atheists have long mocked "fundies" and "neocons" for much less than you have done on this single page.
    Last edited by BarackZero; 06-23-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Note what happens when I Misspellll
    a word! Oh look, the website underlines it in red.
    Actually that's not the website, it's either your computer or your browser. People using other systems (like a mac, for example) don't see that. The website doesn't spell check for you.

It's a common practice of anti-intellectuals who are incapable of mounting an intelligent argument to criticizes the spelling and grammar of the person there arguing with. Since they can't mount an intelligent response.

Please learn how to act like you don't belong in a mental institution or behind bars.

As to the quote. You used the quote in order to try to prove Darwin wrong like it actually mattered to the current definition of evolution and apparently grossly misinterpreting my response.

In any event, it is leftists, agnostics, atheists, and their kind who dislike what I have to say.

As to me assuming that everyone agrees with me, I'm sure some don't. However, it's fairly obvious that a lot do. You had to restart a 2 month old thread and comment on a 2 month old comment in order to attempt to spur a conversation that you started. The thread started in mockery and died the moment you left.

I have not been here "a long" time, so it is quite impossible for any such commentary to be made.

Well the multiple bannings does make time hard to judge.
    Also you made commentary on me calling me an anti-intellectual leftest and atheist or agnostic. I have a total 5 posts. So far I haven't said anything about any political affiliation or religious. I only arrived in this forum because you choose to spam another and I was interested to see where else you had spammed and why. The automatic message to your post brought me back.

You on the other hand have a total of 170 posts filled with angry rants, racial slurs and topic changes and have accumulated at least 2 or more long bans for said behavior. I can provide examples if you require.

Barrack I sincerely wish you find happiness. However, a couple of things.

If your a hostile angry Christian than you probably missed Jesus's point.

And your suppose to choose your political party based on your personal beliefs' not choose your personal beliefs based on your politcal party. It kinda destroys the purpose of Democracy if you do it the other way.
    Last edited by Spector567; 06-23-2009 at 08:05 PM.