+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

The Plain Truth About Easter

by David Ben-Ariel

Like dumb sheep to the slaughter, most of mankind continues to blindly follow pagan traditions, rather than obey God's clear commands (Mark 7:7).

Has it ever occurred to those stuffing their faces with Easter ham that Jesus would puke at the thought? Neither Jesus or Peter, James or John ever ate forbidden foods. They wouldn't feel too comfortable at plenty of people's dinner tables.

Even the early Gentile converts to Jewish Christianity respected the biblical dietary laws (Acts 15:20), understanding that not all animal flesh is good food, that not all foods are sanctioned by the Creator in the Holy Scriptures (1Timothy 4:5).

When John the Baptist recognized Jesus as our Passover sacrifice, he declared: "Behold the Lamb of God" (John 1:29). He didn't say, "Here comes the Easter Bunny!" Again, like the Easter ham, the Easter rabbit is also rejected in the Bible as an abomination (Leviticus 11:6-7).

The very name of Easter exposes itself as a heathen festival, although it's cloaked as "Christian." Easter/Ishtar/Astarte is the Babylonian spring goddess our British-Israelite forefathers foolishly worshipped. Hence the fertility symbols of rabbits and eggs.

God isn't fooled by such baptized paganism, such whitewashed heathen customs (Deuteronomy 12:30). He commands us to commemorate Jesus' death every Passover and recognize His atoning work of redemption as our resurrected High Priest in Heaven, unleavening our lives of sin (1 Corinthians 5:7-8).

The early Church of God followed Jesus' Jewish example for several hundred years until Gentile opposition (from false converts) threatened them with a death sentence if they didn't bow before Easter observances (the Quarto-Deciman controversy)!

A growing number now know, understand and believe the biblical account that we're to observe Passover and that Jesus was resurrected before sunrise Sunday, "when it was yet dark" (John 10:1).
    Others prefer to reject this light of understanding to remain in their traditional darkness and die in their sins (John 3:19) -- it's that serious! Because if our nations don't repent of such idolatry and immorality we'll soon suffer national destruction, defeat and deportation! That's why this article of faith is part of our plea to diehard Catholics and Protestants to repent.

Thankfully, every generation has those chosen few who are willing to reject holidays for holy days and "earnestly contend for the faith once delivered" (Jude 3).

Hopefully, this plain truth about Easter will cause you to question your beliefs and provide some "kosher" food for thought!

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: The Plain Truth About Easter

Oh, I don't know about that! I make a mean glazed ham! ...and it's a well known fact, Jesus would walk on water for a mustard-honey glazed ham!....mmmmmmmmmmmm

He just took foooooooooooooorever to say Grace....

More Cranberry sauce???
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

The plain truth about Easter is that the resurrection was a hoax. Have some self respect and cast off these tired myths. You don't need them.
    http://fitnessvideou.com/
    Where fitness professionals go to learn how to use video to promote their business

Freakin' google ads...

Quote Originally Posted by mike pulcinella View Post
    The plain truth about Easter is that the resurrection was a hoax. Have some self respect and cast off these tired myths. You don't need them.

I'll second that...

Can you prove that the ressurection is a hoax? The early Christians believed it. You need to study early Christian history before you make your unfounded accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Can you prove that the ressurection is a hoax? The early Christians believed it. You need to study early Christian history before you make your unfounded accusations.
    I don't need to prove it's a hoax. One can't prove a negative. You need to prove it's true.
    http://fitnessvideou.com/
    Where fitness professionals go to learn how to use video to promote their business

Quote Originally Posted by David Ben-Ariel View Post
    [B

The very name of Easter exposes itself as a heathen festival, although it's cloaked as "Christian." Easter/Ishtar/Astarte is the Babylonian spring goddess our British-Israelite forefathers foolishly worshipped. Hence the fertility symbols of rabbits and eggs.

Pagan Holidays Rock!
    That Fertility Stuff Is The Bomb! Makes Me Wanna Shag Till The Cows Come Home . . . and maybe even after that too! ! !
    It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
    -HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

I thought Easter was about the hare club for men.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that! I make a mean glazed ham! ...and it's a well known fact, Jesus would walk on water for a mustard-honey glazed ham!....mmmmmmmmmmmm

He just took foooooooooooooorever to say Grace....

More Cranberry sauce???
    Was this painting by Leonardo da Vinci?
    www.scam.com
    The Raymond st Clair/Gary Martin Beaver Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    I thought Easter was about the hare club for men.
    Speaking of "Christian" immorality, is that a harem?

GOD HATES EASTER HAM!

If you read Acts without traditional blinders on, you'll be shocked to see the whole vision was about GENTILES being offered salvation; about MEN - not about sinfully undermining the dietary laws of God that Yeshua upheld! Remember God doesn't change His Mind and Yeshua is the same yesterday, today and forever, whether it's about baptized pagan holidays or unclean foods.

Unclean Christianity vs. Peter's Vision
    Unclean traditional Christianity teaches the religious lie that Jesus "did away with" the dietary laws, sinning against both God and man (1 John 2:4; Matt 5:17-20).

Jesus Upheld the Biblical Dietary LawsUnclean traditional Christianity has misled many with their lack of understanding of the Bible as a whole. They often take Scriptures out of context and totally twist their meanings, like they do when it comes to abusing Matthew 15 and slaughtering it to teach we can now eat anything.

Is All Animal Flesh Good Food?
    Were all animals made clean? What about the unclean animals shown to Peter in a vision? Here is a straightforward Bible answer, giving the New Testament teaching. This subject is important to your health and well-being!

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

What a surprise!...A reply with posts to David Ben-Babble's pages.

Did you find Gawd when you were finished with smoking the white owl?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

One can't prove a negative. You need to prove it's true.
    If you search this on the internet, you will find numerous instances in which you can prove a negative. In fact, science progresses by proving a negative, that which is not true.

Proving a positive is the real problem.

In saying "you can't prove a negative", basically you are saying that by induction a statement can't be proven. IOW, it was once asserted that there are no black swans, but then black swans were discovered in Australia.

In regard to the resurrection, you are saying that it cannot be proven by inductive evidence that there was a resurrection. However, one could as easily pose that there were witnesses to at least one resurrection, though we ourselves would have no direct evidence of its occurrence.

The problem is not whether it hapened or not, but whether the possibilioty of it happening affects our lives any particular way in regard to our choices.

Neither the theist nor the nontheist demonstrate any truth by saying "you can't prove a negative", because they're merely saying you can't prove a negative by induction.

If I see no evidence of something occurring, then I am as justified in saying it never happened as one may be justkified in saying it did happen. Both statements would be beliefs in regard to what we consider to be true.

Which leads us again to the inevitable conclusion that, whether or not it happened, that occurrence would have negligible effects on both believers and non-believers.

Adding to the post above,
    Ben_Ariel's statements are based on the assertions of HWA that "there is a truth and you can know it".

However, HWA was wrong. One cannot know there was a resurrection, nor can one know there was not.

Also, no one can know truth in any framework that proves one religion true more than another, due to Godel's incompleteness theorem and to Romans 8:7.

There is no way, in any finite, rational, mechanical process, to translate any knowledge about god into truth that sets any individual apart by virtue of that knowledge, and the bible agrees with that point.

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    If you search this on the internet, you will find numerous instances in which you can prove a negative. In fact, science progresses by proving a negative, that which is not true.

Proving a positive is the real problem.

In saying "you can't prove a negative", basically you are saying that by induction a statement can't be proven. IOW, it was once asserted that there are no black swans, but then black swans were discovered in Australia.

In regard to the resurrection, you are saying that it cannot be proven by inductive evidence that there was a resurrection. However, one could as easily pose that there were witnesses to at least one resurrection, though we ourselves would have no direct evidence of its occurrence.

The problem is not whether it hapened or not, but whether the possibilioty of it happening affects our lives any particular way in regard to our choices.

Neither the theist nor the nontheist demonstrate any truth by saying "you can't prove a negative", because they're merely saying you can't prove a negative by induction.

If I see no evidence of something occurring, then I am as justified in saying it never happened as one may be justkified in saying it did happen. Both statements would be beliefs in regard to what we consider to be true.

Which leads us again to the inevitable conclusion that, whether or not it happened, that occurrence would have negligible effects on both believers and non-believers.
    Im confused. Lots---.(then again thats not unusual!)
    www.scam.com
    The Raymond st Clair/Gary Martin Beaver Saga.

Mostly I'm responding to Mike's statement that you can't prove a negative, and that the impetus is on the believer to prove a positive(regarding the resurrection).

Whether Jesus arose from the dead is not proveable from anything of which I'm aware.

We might conclude from biblical accounts that there were witnesses who did see Jesus walking and talking after he rose from the dead, but that's hearsay, and no admissible as proof. But it COULD be true.

The odds, however, would indicate that it's not true.

OTOH, many things happen that simply challenge the odds. To state that something is not likely because there is no direxct evidence of it is not the same as proving something cannot be so by putting it to an observable test to demonstrate that it cannot be so.

For example, 1+1 does not equal 3, no matter how hard you try to prove it. That, basically, is proving a negative. The system of proof is self evident from within the structure of mathematics itself.

Life itself, however, is not so self evident. Reaching a conclusion about life by induction does not prove it never happened, nor does it prove it did happen. Mike stated "you need to prove it happened(resurrection)".

If the resurrection directly affected my life in such a way that proving it allowed me to have eternal life, that might be so. But such a need would demonstrate that no one could be "saved", since at best only a handful of witnesses could ever declare truthfully whether Jesus was resurrected.

If he was resurrected, would that fact have some effect on our lives whether we believed it or not?

The issue is not "proof', but "belief". Would there be an automatic punishment for not believing what we cannot prove?

Even that can't be proven, since there is no evidence whatever to show that a believer has any advantage over a non-believer.

There is nothing, in terms of evidence, that a christian can show to demonstrate any more authoritative position for truth than an atheist.

God doesn't seem to favor either side in terms of evidence.

So, if God exists, or if there was a resurrection, neither fact can be dependent on any evidence provided one way or another. Either it existed or it didn;t, and whether we believe it or not depends on our personal inclinations.

Assuming the christian point of view, salvation depends on an inclination, nothing more.

But worse, it means that there will be millions who never heard of Christ, who will be doomed because they never had even the right of an inclination.

If there was a resurrection, and if it was required for salvation, then it must have "saved' us whether we tend to believe it or not, or, you end up with predestination, and not free will, as the christian would assume.