+ Reply to Thread

I-Deal Direct Free Hobo Bag

I-Deal Direct has an offer for a free handbag. You need 8 offers and one referral. I have completed 14 total offers but only 7 are showing as approved. One was actually approved but then a few days later it went back to pending. I emailed them and 'Maggie' replied telling me I have to do more offers. I am annoyed at this because obviously, I've done way more then necessary. I have all of my credit card and email proof, and Im actually still a member of one of the offers that didn't approve.

Has anyone ever dealt with I-Deal about approving offers?? Any advice for me??

Re: I-Deal Direct Free Hobo Bag

Run away...

You will need to send them by fax or confirmation-delivery-USPS the proofs (welcome e-mails) that you did all those offers. Hopefully they will give you a "manual" confirm on them. Also, do print-screens of everything: sign-up pages, gift-status pages, etc.) That might be too late at this point if you haven't done it, but I'd at least take a print screen of the current status page, before more ofers go to pending.

I-deal is bout the shadiest of the gift sites, though, from what I read on this forum and my short experience with them.
    [if you don't know how to take a screen shot: with the page in full view, press the "Prt Scr" on your keyboard, open Microsoft Paint and Ctr-V, then save the image - a program like Snag It (http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp) is best because it captures a whole scrolling window, not just what is visible on the screen)]

Report them to RIPoffreport.com

By the way, TWOG00, what phone number did you use that you actually reached someone?
    I had two #s for them one from their corporate web site, which was disconnected. And the other one which went to a "Customer Service" voicemail box. When I tried "zeroing out" during the voicemail greeting (a technique that worked with Metareward), it transfers you and then hangs up on you.

No they probably won't give you manual credit. They really don't like to do that and would rather you do extra offers
    You have a 14 day trial. On the 10th day your card will be billed and you will be shipped a fresh supply of our wonderful product....

Quote Originally Posted by livetbd
    No they probably won't give you manual credit. They really don't like to do that and would rather you do extra offers
    I guess that's where you resort to other recourse - BBB, the Attorney Gen.'s office, etc. Why do more offers that may not go to complete either?

Quote Originally Posted by livetbd
    no manual credit as far as i know, unless you want a lengthly battle with them, with the possibility of your offers expiring and getting nothing
    offergift.com Grill ($250 Check) $250.00
    internetopiniongroup.com HP PC ($800 Check) $800.00
    Everyfreegift.com $1000 Visa Gift Card $1,000.00
    GadgetCity.com 60GB Video Ipod $399.00
    ConsumerSavingCenter.com $2000
    MarketSurveyGroup.com 42" Plasma $1540
    BigWin.com StreetFighter ($3000 Check) $3000
    Total $8989 (DIY) + $2173(refs) = $11,162.00

Yea...I never got the manual credit. I was pretty pissed about it but I ended up doing other offers and am currently I think 3 weeks into my 6-8 week wait period for my bag. I'll keep you guys updated if I do get a bag, sorry for taking so long to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by stephaneos
    By the way, TWOG00, what phone number did you use that you actually reached someone?
    I had two #s for them one from their corporate web site, which was disconnected. And the other one which went to a "Customer Service" voicemail box. When I tried "zeroing out" during the voicemail greeting (a technique that worked with Metareward), it transfers you and then hangs up on you.

I never called them, I used their link to email customer service.

Oops sorry - I misread your post. I tried using their online email form multiple times and got no reply. Did you use an email address or their form? If an address, what was it? Thanks.

It's admin@i-dealdirect.com

and I got a check for $1000 from them today! The bag I picked was worth $1250, but I woulda probably returned it, so I'm happy with the check =)

13. 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM