+ Reply to Thread

Lets give it away , were rolling in it!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's pledge to boost IMF resources to help other crisis-hit economies could prove a tough sell for a Congress suffering from bailout fatigue and worried about mounting U.S. debt.
    Obama joined other leaders of the G20 countries in London this week promising to triple ******* for the International Monetary Fund as part of a package of actions to combat the global economic crisis.
    The new funds are aimed mainly at struggling poorer countries, notably in eastern Europe.
    "The IMF has to play a big role," Representative Gregory Meeks, a Democrat who heads the House Financial Services subcommittee on international monetary policy and trade, said in an interview with Reuters.
    His panel is scheduled to hold a hearing later this month on the G20 meeting and the IMF request.
    The IMF could receive up to $500 billion in new funds, of which $40 billion would come from China. The United States, Japan and the European Union would each contribute $100 billion with the rest coming from other countries.
    Congress would have to authorize and appropriate its $100 billion share.

Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:21pm EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will ask Congress shortly to back rapid release of $448 million in aid for poorer countries including some in Africa and Latin America, he said on Thursday.
    "In the coming days, I intend to work with Congress to provide $448 million in immediate assistance to vulnerable populations from Africa to Latin America and to double support for food safety to over $1 billion so that we are giving people the tools they need to lift themselves out of poverty," he said.
    Obama spoke at a news conference after a G20 meeting on the global economic crisis that brought together leaders from the world's largest developed and developing economies.

Re: Lets give it away , were rolling in it!

Quote Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's pledge to boost IMF resources to help other crisis-hit economies could prove a tough sell for a Congress suffering from bailout fatigue and worried about mounting U.S. debt.
    Obama joined other leaders of the G20 countries in London this week promising to triple ******* for the International Monetary Fund as part of a package of actions to combat the global economic crisis.
    The new funds are aimed mainly at struggling poorer countries, notably in eastern Europe.
    "The IMF has to play a big role," Representative Gregory Meeks, a Democrat who heads the House Financial Services subcommittee on international monetary policy and trade, said in an interview with Reuters.
    His panel is scheduled to hold a hearing later this month on the G20 meeting and the IMF request.
    The IMF could receive up to $500 billion in new funds, of which $40 billion would come from China. The United States, Japan and the European Union would each contribute $100 billion with the rest coming from other countries.
    Congress would have to authorize and appropriate its $100 billion share.

Thu Apr 2, 2009 2:21pm EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama will ask Congress shortly to back rapid release of $448 million in aid for poorer countries including some in Africa and Latin America, he said on Thursday.
    "In the coming days, I intend to work with Congress to provide $448 million in immediate assistance to vulnerable populations from Africa to Latin America and to double support for food safety to over $1 billion so that we are giving people the tools they need to lift themselves out of poverty," he said.
    Obama spoke at a news conference after a G20 meeting on the global economic crisis that brought together leaders from the world's largest developed and developing economies.

I always thought that news readers should report the news, not comment on it!!

If it's a news report, report it. If it's a comentary, don't try and disguise it as a news report.

If you knew anything about Glenn Beck, you would know that he is commentator, not a newscaster.

Maybe you should watch?

Unlike the jokers on MSNBC, that get tingles up and down their legs

why would i need somebody to just read me the news? i can read it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
    If you knew anything about Glenn Beck, you would know that he is commentator, not a newscaster.

Maybe you should watch?

Unlike the jokers on MSNBC, that get tingles up and down their legs
    At least MSNBC doesn't have a background image with news headlines, the word "NEWS" on the lower left of the screen or a scrolling ticker at the bottom of their commentary shows.

This might come as a surprise to you but IMO 99% of Americans would believe Glenn Beck was reading the actual news because of the logo and the ticker. (You did!)

:

brucy is COUNTING on the easily FOOLED laziness and GREED of the average american to MAKE HIS DAY!! or rather that of his FEARLESS LEADER basking in the DOWN AND OUT of LAS VEGAS,the REAL example of what ALL america should be like? pssssttt send money,he's run up quite a tab i hear!! :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

International Bailout Brings Us Closer to Economic Collapse

Last week Congress passed the war supplemental appropriations bill. In an affront to all those who thought they voted for a peace candidate, the current president will be sending another $106 billion we don’t have to continue the bloodshed in Afghanistan and Iraq, without a hint of a plan to bring our troops home.
    Many of my colleagues who voted with me as I opposed every war supplemental request under the previous administration seem to have changed their tune. I maintain that a vote to fund the war is a vote in favor of the war. Congress exercises its constitutional prerogatives through the power of the purse, and as long as Congress continues to enable these dangerous interventions abroad, there is no end in sight, that is until we face total economic collapse.
    From their spending habits, an economic collapse seems to be the goal of Congress and this administration. Washington spends with impunity domestically, bailing out and nationalizing everything they can get their hands on, and the foreign aid and IMF ******* in this bill can rightly be called an international bailout!
    As Americans struggle through the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, this emergency supplemental appropriations bill sends $660 million to Gaza, $555 million to Israel, $310 million to Egypt, $300 million to Jordan, and $420 million to Mexico. Some $889 million will be sent to the United Nations for so-called “peacekeeping” missions. Almost one billion dollars will be sent overseas to address the global financial crisis outside our borders. Nearly $8 billion will be spent to address a “potential pandemic flu” which could result in mandatory vaccinations for no discernable reason other than to enrich the Pharmaceutical companies that make the vaccine.
    Perhaps most outrageous is the $108 billion loan guarantee to the International Monetary Fund. These new loan guarantees will allow that destructive organization to continue spending taxpayer money to prop up corrupt leaders and promote harmful economic policies overseas.
    Not only does sending American taxpayer money to the IMF hurt citizens here, evidence shows that it even hurts those it pretends to help. Along with IMF loans comes IMF required policy changes, called Structural Adjustment Programs, which amount to forced Keynesianism. This is the very fantasy-infused economic model that has brought our own country to its knees, and IMF loans act as the Trojan Horse to inflict it on others. Perhaps most troubling is the fact that leaders in recipient nations tend to become more concerned with the wishes of international elites than the wishes and needs of their own people. Argentina and Kenya are just two examples of countries that followed IMF mandates right off a cliff. The IMF frequently recommends currency devaluation to poorer nations, which has wiped out the already impoverished over and over. There is also a long list of brutal dictators the IMF happily supported and propped up with loans that left their oppressed populace in staggering amounts of debt with no economic progress to show for it.
    We are buying nothing but evil and global oppression by sending your taxdollars to the IMF. Not to mention there is no Constitutional authority to do so. Our continued presence in Iraq and Afghanistan does not make us safer at home, but in fact undermines our national security. I vehemently opposed this Supplemental Appropriations Bill and was dismayed to see it pass so easily.

i hear it's TIRING work fighting EVIL!? i suppose staying VEHEMENTLY MAD AS HELL keeps 1 goin a pinch!? so how to make use of widespread apathy!? GET EM FIGHTIN MAD!? over.....YOU name IT!? HAPPY comes later i assume!? MUCH MUCH later!? depends on how long ya PUT IT OFF!? now if we only ACTUALLY had SELF control!?......hhmmmm.....by the way, i'm about to watch "angels & demons"!? hanks has always been a fav of mine!! :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you