+ Reply to Thread

GFM geneva finance management ... scam???

ok i have been corresponding with a woman by the name of catherine burc and the website is awesome and not cheap and i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this. i was asked to sign an employee non disclosure agreement after filling out an application and signing the employee agreement and everything. if this is an actual scam it is very elaborate http://gf-management.net
    the website is incredible and i'm not sure how to check some of these things out so if anyone can help please let me know.

Re: GFM geneva finance management ... scam???

http://whois.domaintools.com/gf-management.net
    Registry Data
    ICANN Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
    Created: 2009-03-22
    Expires: 2010-03-22
    gf-management.net was created one week ago by Chinese individual. I think it answers all your questions.

what do they want you to do, candi?

they supposedly want me to close escrow accounts. but i wanted to do some checking on them before i agreed to do anything lol and i am sure everyone knows y

hmmm. "close escrow accounts" sounds like, you get a strange check, put it in your account, then western union the cash to russia.

actually i was suprised that they asked if i would prefer direct deposit or check mailed to me or paypal for my pay. i gave them my paypal and that is it then there were some problems with paypal but she said that the clients insist on using it so we have to ise it. there has been no mention of sending moeny back or anything like that. that's what shocks me

Yes, I have also been corresponding with the same lady Catherine Burc and could not find much history in regards to the company profile. Was not sure if this is legit or not????
    Last edited by akron23; 04-06-2009 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akron23 View Post
    Yes, I have also been corresponding with the same lady Catherine Burc and could not find much history in regards to the company profile. Was not sure if this is legit or not????
    If you still not sure, I have no hope for you.

Thanks for your help

On 3/30/09 Catherine Burc showed an interest in my resume and sent me an application. After I filled it out I asked for fax and on 4/6/09 she said to send it back via e-mail. I explained that I printed it and filled it in and wanted to FAX it. She wrote again for me to scan it and e-mail it back. I am skeptical of a corporation without a fax so I'm finished - job or no job.

I have been in contact with this lady for about 2 weeks, when I ask for personal and business references in the US she will not answer or tell me anything. She just ignores it. Also I canít find anything out about them from the Chamber of Commerce in Geneva. I never can talk to Catherine, itís always some guy. The thing that really bother me is that I have a web page called ďReadnotifyĒ and when I put this on there e-mail address ( which doesnít show at there end) it will tell me when it is opened and what country it ends up in. They never open them so they must have some program that tells them they are being traced. They havenít asked for any money yet and they are supposed to contact me Monday for my first account. I think this is a money laundering scam.

yes BorisZ you are right.thay are Chinese individuals

Quote Originally Posted by bfrakes46 View Post
    I have been in contact with this lady for about 2 weeks, when I ask for personal and business references in the US she will not answer or tell me anything. She just ignores it. Also I canít find anything out about them from the Chamber of Commerce in Geneva. I never can talk to Catherine, itís always some guy. The thing that really bother me is that I have a web page called ďReadnotifyĒ and when I put this on there e-mail address ( which doesnít show at there end) it will tell me when it is opened and what country it ends up in. They never open them so they must have some program that tells them they are being traced. They havenít asked for any money yet and they are supposed to contact me Monday for my first account. I think this is a money laundering scam.
    well goood luck getting catherine burc to let u "close" an escrow account. she will just lead u on like she has done me. i have actually been trying to find out what this is all about and have yet to attempt to close an account. lol i have been trying to figure this one out but i guess she knew i was on to her lol

This is an absolute scam. It is not money laundering though. I saw it on 20/20 afew weeks ago. they send you a check or money order and it appears to clear with your bank. In the meanwhile you forward the money minbus your cut to another account/address. After the check really physically clears, you find out that there were insufficient funds in Catherine's account, and now you are out whatever the amount was plus the check fee and possible fraud charges brought by the District Attorneys office. Just ove on from this and anything else similar, like abacus-llc. they try to interview you over yahoo messenger. when i exposed them as a scam withn about 20 seconds, they sent a long string of haha's and called me lazy bones! I forwarded the emails and the phone number they gave me for the company to the FBI. the phone number is a home land line routed through Baton Rouge, LA.

This is funny. I literally just received another scam letter supposedly from UNICEF.

Here's the text:

Hello, before I go any further, I would like to brief you more about the Program. Our organization is a foundation which enhances social sensitivity to children with various problems faced by the less privileged and joining hands together in the developing world. We improve the competence of professionals working with children in diagnosis and Intervention in cases of children heart problem. Every year, nearly 10 million children die before their fifth birthday, and half of these deaths occur in Africa, Our research pointed out. As the Program director, I am in charge of the life saving program and fund raising for the less privilege, though myself and my life saving associates travel a lot. Presently, we have just been granted a fund raising to head a Charity Support Project in the tropical regions of the World starting with Africa, regarding surgical issues related to heart diseases and provision of basic amenities in support to humanitarian services to The Third World Nations and this would be commencing very soon, however our ******* were by our world wide donors that sends to us the bunch of payments mostly in US Based mode of Payments. We Would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be our Payment Representative back in the United States/Canada, this way our donors could issue and make these Payments out to you, you could then cash them easily, you will deduct 10% as your commission for the great service you have rendered in support to saving life's in the third world and then Send the rest back to various charity homes that would be provided to you via through Western Union Money Transfer/Money gram Money transfer. You will also stand the chances of being a part of our future and the excellence of an Institute in which you will be highly appreciated. I would be glad if you accept our proposal and we intend to commence on Starting as soon as you are ready.If you are interested, I would want you to kindly fill your details below, so that we can start ASAP. Kindly respond to my email via agentjcole@aol.com FULL NAME: PHYSICAL ADDRESS: CITY: STATE: ZIP CODE: COUNTRY: PHONE NUMBER (S): GENDER: OCCUPATION AGE: NATIONALITY: Remember, the lives of these children "less privilege" depends on your good work and trust because, trust is all we need to make the world a better Place to live in. Please feel free to reply to:- agentjcole@aol.com