+ Reply to Thread

Christianity is not just a means to contol.

Despite what peaple are saying on here, Christianity is not just a means to control anyone and anyone who says it is has not heard from God.
    God gives us the liberty to choose. He does not tell us that you can never do anything wrong, he just tells us that we need to want to do the wright thing.
    Their are plenty of times we do something wrong, actually we do it daily and the Bible tells us that we will. The most important thing is that we at least put forth the effort to be more like Christ. If we screw it up then we try again. Its the inner man of the heart that matters. The part of us that says I want to be like Christ wants me to be and then put forth the effort.

Re: Christianity is not just a means to contol.

this wont have a shot in venezuela unless the "feed my sheep" clause is actually felt as inspiration!?but a nice self pep talk if i ever heard one!?tough times call for drastic measures!?who said that!?hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by gools68
    Despite what peaple are saying on here, Christianity is not just a means to control anyone and anyone who says it is has not heard from God.
    God gives us the liberty to choose. He does not tell us that you can never do anything wrong, he just tells us that we need to want to do the wright thing.
    Their are plenty of times we do something wrong, actually we do it daily and the Bible tells us that we will. The most important thing is that we at least put forth the effort to be more like Christ. If we screw it up then we try again. Its the inner man of the heart that matters. The part of us that says I want to be like Christ wants me to be and then put forth the effort.
    Oh really?

Slavemasters forced Christianity on their slaves. These slaves were given no choice but to become Christians, they were told if they rebelled then they would face an eternity of Hell. Yup, these slaves had to follow a religion which advocates slavery in its Holy Book.

Liberty to choose? You (unfortunately) have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz
    Oh really?

Slavemasters forced Christianity on their slaves. These slaves were given no choice but to become Christians, they were told if they rebelled then they would face an eternity of Hell. Yup, these slaves had to follow a religion which advocates slavery in its Holy Book.

Liberty to choose? You (unfortunately) have no idea what you're talking about.
    Anyone who forces Christianity on someone else is doubtedly a Christian.
    There have been many groups over the centuries claiming to be Christian,
    but there heart was way from it.
    Yes, they gave Christians a bad rap.
    And there are still some today doing the same, but this is not the traditional beliefs of the Christian.
    Yes, we have the right to choose. When I became a Christian, nobody held a gun to my head, It was my choice, what I wanted. And if this makes me a slave to Christ, Im honored to be just that.

It's very much the belief of some Christians, sadly, and it was certainly the traditional belief, and the motivation of the Roman church that created it to start with, and even moreso the Protestant Reformation that Luther began. Granted, it's been 45 years or so since the last time Christian-fueled dogmatists tried to wipe us off the face of the planet entirely, but there has been more bloodshed in the name of the Christian Christ than anything else I can think of.

Not just us, either--look at what happened in Goa, in so many other places where pious Christians felt the need to save the souls of what they perceived to be heathen idolators. Entire cultures wiped out. You've got 1700 years of history naysaying your 'free choice'.

My family lived as Conversos for several hundred years, not that that saved all of them. Kiss the cross or kiss the sword was the motto. Even now, thanks to American evangelists being here, I can't get between my house and the train station without hearing I'll go to hell at least three times. Granted, it's an improvement over some of what I've lived through, but it would be nice if Christians could just stop doing it.

Choose to be a Christian if you want to. Realise that there are many paths to G-d, and that other people choose those, or choose not to believe at all, and are deserving of your respect.
    Last edited by ComplexKid; 05-03-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    Choose to be a Christian if you want to. Realise that there are many paths to G-d, and that other people choose those, or choose not to believe at all, and are deserving of your respect.
    Absolutetly, they are deserving of respect. Respecting people is something that should come outside of religous prefferance.

And as far as telling people they are going to hell, I think a true Christian should know that that isnt up to him, he isnt God and shouldnt be trying to condem anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKid
    It's very much the belief of some Christians, sadly, and it was certainly the traditional belief, and the motivation of the Roman church that created it to start with, and even moreso the Protestant Reformation that Luther began. Granted, it's been 45 years or so since the last time Christian-fueled dogmatists tried to wipe us off the face of the planet entirely, but there has been more bloodshed in the name of the Christian Christ than anything else I can think of.

Not just us, either--look at what happened in Goa, in so many other places where pious Christians felt the need to save the souls of what they perceived to be heathen idolators. Entire cultures wiped out. You've got 1700 years of history naysaying your 'free choice'.

My family lived as Conversos for several hundred years, not that that saved all of them. Kiss the cross or kiss the sword was the motto. Even now, thanks to American evangelists being here, I can't get between my house and the train station without hearing I'll go to hell at least three times. Granted, it's an improvement over some of what I've lived through, but it would be nice if Christians could just stop doing it.

your innacurate portrayal of your so called christianity reveals a deep seated hatred.(disrespect)only fostered by FEAR!the fear you actually feel BELONGING to a GROUP seeking? god.WHICH CANNOT EVEN SPELL(god)(that'll save me)outa FEAR!!so stop with all the respect this respect that(leave me alone talk)!hehe!!but anyway!!where does respect ORIGINATE from in the FIRST place!?i guess the first place!?where's that!?hehe!!we all wanna be there i see!?(you'd think!?)hehe!!and as to many paths to god.only each man is on a path to god or not.all ways are only known by the echoes of the chatter of the "groupys".i will finish with a statement by a famous(pious) american that goes...........nothing can disturb a man who is minding his own business.so if this is not true in our own case then............we must naturally ask.(or go down the hell of demand!?)who is the author of my business!?hehe!!OR!!do i have perfect faith in my own business!?are the 2 compatible!?1 if by faith!?2 if by effort!?for is faith a matter of effort or a matter of exposure to same!?or is it a combination of the 2!?or just a final PERSONAL resignation(FROM!?)hehe!!just askin.............