+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Testament

New Testament

Well just to get this started, I have a few questions.

Who edited the Bible?

What did he, she, it edit out.

Why do the Disciples not have last names?

-Matt

Re: New Testament

WOW!!how many people missed that one!!?!?no last names!?!!?hehe!!but then.........what could it mean!?a very personal first name basis(family) of love!?!?hehe!!just askin!?!!?hehe!!and then we have the he/she/it thing!?!?!well if you been alive long enough and normally sexually oriented,then...that covers the he/she thing but as to the "IT" proposal........maybe it explains the absence/knowledge of god!?!?hehe!!just askin!?!?hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 04-06-2006 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracytheory

Why do the Disciples not have last names?

-Matt
    In biblical times there were far fewer people on the planet... People were identified by who their ancestry came from... They were known as Paul the son of...

Then wouldnt it be Mary the daughter of.... instead of mary mag.????

Quote Originally Posted by Quertol
    In biblical times there were far fewer people on the planet... People were identified by who their ancestry came from... They were known as Paul the son of...
    Or Jesus McGod or Jesus Godich or Jesus Sangod or Jesus O'God or in Aramaic.... J-----? Bar Abba anglicised to Barabbas
    Or Quertol McSupreme/ O'Supreme ....boy oh boy who gave you your handle????

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracytheory
    Then wouldnt it be Mary the daughter of.... instead of mary mag.????
    I'm really not sure... I'll look into it and get back to you...

Quote Originally Posted by pancho
    Or Jesus McGod or Jesus Godich or Jesus Sangod or Jesus O'God or in Aramaic.... J-----? Bar Abba anglicised to Barabbas
    Or Quertol McSupreme/ O'Supreme ....boy oh boy who gave you your handle????

Yep, whatever.... :eek:

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18-19

"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." Deuteronomy 4:2

"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it." Deuteronomy 12:32

"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar." Proverbs 30:5-6

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18-19

"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." Deuteronomy 4:2

"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it." Deuteronomy 12:32

"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar." Proverbs 30:5-6

Yep... Whatever!

boone; how do you expect anyone with any knowledge whatever to take you seriously?

You quote Revelations which is a Babylonian manuscript, an allegory pertaining to Baal and his Asherah. You quote Deuteronomy 4:2 which do not exist in the Biblical scrolls, it is assumed by experts to be an addition made to Deuteronomy by the later Christians. Deuteronomy 12:43 is a known forgery as the material from Deuteronomy 11:21 is followed in Masoretic and early manuscripts by Exodus 12:46.

Proverbs is more then twice as long in the Christian Biblical material as it was originally, having ended with Chapter 15 in antiquity.

Boone; you quote forged material, lies and fraud in order to protect a cult dedicated to lies, fraud, forgeries and scams; and you want us to take you seriously?

Best RG
    http://www.writingup.com/gnosisquest
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

davekross Guest

They edited a whole chapter on molesting young boys.

Boone, what are you trying to say there? That no one has touched the Bible? As it is the copied original? Im confused of what your claiming. You quoted alot of non-sense.

I know that there was editing. Just when where and who would be nice. lol.

Boone..... Please respond to these paragraphs. Maybe I'm in the wrong thread, if so sorry!

Faith means that one considers a particular claim (e.g., "God exists") to be actual knowledge, absolutely certain knowledge. This claim to certainty is held in the absence of adequate evidence, or in direct contradiction to the evidence. Evidence is considered relevant only in so far as it supports the proposition; and irrelevant or inadequate to the extent that it does not support the proposition.

The theory that Jesus Christ never existed, while largely unknown to most lay Christians, is gaining credibility among scholars. Historians do not consider the Gospels to be historically accurate accounts. The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies. There are NO credible non-Christian references to Christ during the period in which he is said to have lived.
    EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS DEMAND EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE. Sorry, but Christianity's extraordinary claims about their man-God don't come with convicincing evidence.

This whole religion cult is based on superstition and ignorance. Example: The sun gives life, therefore the sun is GOD. I could go on but it becomes tiresome.

Good luck

TH

Quote Originally Posted by boone

well first you have to "hear it"!?hehe!!and that would mean what!?how does one hear it!?guess that excludes the deaf!?the dumb!?the numb!?the busy!?the selfinvolved!?the defiant!?the ...etc......hehe!!